Forums

Help › Forums

ODDS, ENDS and OTHER THINGS..

Thu, Apr 25 2024 3:32 PM (1,172 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2022 8:31 PM

I have been reading the threads lately and a new advertising campaign comes to mind...

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2022 1:33 AM

HamdenPro:

I have been reading the threads lately and a new advertising campaign comes to mind...

Looks like a Rugby scrum.:)

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2022 4:05 AM

Terrible behavior ..

Let's all sit down and make friends .

The maximum amount of sugar you can dissolve in a cup of coffee is 150 teaspoons .

Try it for yourself .

Challenge accepted..

Nervous Coffee GIF

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2022 1:50 PM

WATCH: Golfer hits driver to 3 feet in gale force wind at Pebble Beach's par-3 7th | Golf Channel

You'll have to start the video yourself, a technical step beyond my ken :-(

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2022 2:00 PM

DodgyPutter:

WATCH: Golfer hits driver to 3 feet in gale force wind at Pebble Beach's par-3 7th | Golf Channel

You'll have to start the video yourself, a technical step beyond my ken :-(

kewl !!

• bigjohndough
    69 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2022 4:18 PM

How do you get a snowman head   very nice  thx bjd

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2022 7:40 PM

bigjohndough:
    How do you get a snowman head 

Years ago the Snowman head was available for sale in the Pro Shop. It was since discontinued.

It was then brought back last year as a free award for those who made the final round of a showdown.

Currently, the Snowman head is not available for sale.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2022 9:08 PM

HamdenPro:
    Currently, the Snowman head is not available for sale.

True, but it's popular. Maybe a note to WGT could get them to feature it again this year.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2022 8:30 AM

While conducting research for an upcoming holiday issue of THE INCREDIBLE HOPERMAN, I stumbled upon this "WGT News" post from 2012. A time of generosity and sense of community...

WGT Community in the Spirit of Gifting

14 Dec 2012

Recently, there's been a wave of gifting generosity going around the WGT community, and in the spirit of the holidays, we just had to share!

• alcaucin, a L92 Legend, gifted ddaukas a shiny new wedge and fmagnets a sleeve of golf balls...just because.
    • SilentOmegaWolf, a L84 Legend, offered up anything in the WGT Pro Shop for 200c or less that turned into a stylish new avatar for WGTer, Buggyyy.
    • opyeuclid, a L94 Tour Master, gifted some premium golf balls to both andyson and frappefort for their contributions to this very funny "WGT National Enquirer Special Report" cover, featuring WGT's own WGTicon and WGTpizza.
    • Sometimes "generosity" can simply come in the form of new friendships, like fmagnets, a L89 Legend, who welcomed enough new friends to reach the "magic 100" to achieve the Diamond Socialite award.
    • mrcaddie, a L94 Tour Master, got a little "12 Days of Christmas" fun started by recruiting 10 other generous Santas to gift random WGTers for 12 days. Be sure to keep an eye out on the Forums for posts titled, "On the XX Day of Christmas..." to follow along.

We're loving all the good karma floating around the WGT community. If you've seen some awesome sportsmanship or generosity that we should know about, let us know on the WGT Forums.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2022 9:13 AM

Hi Steff;

Very pleased to see you posting in the forums.  The above examples are a bit dated. So, if you are looking for more recent contributors, I would look no further than Robert 1893 and Callaghan 159. Not only did Robert OP the most recent Xmas in July, but he and Brian personally gifted a lot of equipment.

cheers, and Merry Xmas.

ct

RSS