Forums

Help › Forums

ODDS, ENDS and OTHER THINGS..

Wed, Apr 10 2024 1:08 AM (1,171 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2022 9:30 AM

ct690911:
    The above examples are a bit dated. So, if you are looking for more recent contributors

I am aware the post is dated. The point was not necessarily the generosity of specific members, which there are many members who give, rather, it was the fact that WGT went out of it's way to highlight, and encourage, such generosity.

It seems, lately, the sense of community seems lost on WGT, IMHO.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2022 10:57 AM

HamdenPro:
    It seems, lately, the sense of community seems lost on WGT,

We no longer play WGT golf, we play TopGolf golf. 

Generosity from TopGolf happens every day in the H2H games where you are asked if you want to gift your opponent a sleeve of their golf balls.

Happy Holidays all!

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2022 11:27 AM

DuFussMcGoo:
    Generosity from TopGolf happens every day in the H2H games where you are asked if you want to gift your opponent a sleeve of their golf balls.

LOL - I am not sure whether you are serious or sarcastic. I presume the latter.

So, Top Golf's generosity shows up when they ask someone to buy balls. Got it!

DuFussMcGoo:
    Happy Holidays all!

And Happy Holidays to you as well Mr. McGoo. :)

EDIT: I will point out, however, last Christmas, WGTChampion, and a few other mods, were very generous in providing gifts for many members and a good time was had by all.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2022 4:29 PM

HamdenPro:

And Happy Holidays to you as well Mr. McGoo. :)

EDIT: I will point out, however, last Christmas, WGTChampion, and a few other mods, were very generous in providing gifts for many members and a good time was had by all.

Oh gosh, you can call me DuFuss.

and to add to what you said, all year long, many WGT members show their generosity with gifting players who need.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2023 1:26 PM

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2023 1:49 PM

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2023 1:55 PM

No, not the spa level although there's that too.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2023 5:45 PM

GINA LOLOBRIGIDA passed away, she was 95. R.I.P.

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2023 3:05 AM

Yes Gina - one of the best .

Lovely brunette . Long before those horrible peroxide blondes came along .

Roots showing everywhere .

I once had a girlfriend called Ailsa . A real swedish blonde .

Now she could wrap me around her wee finger .

Ladies - stick to your natural colour .

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2023 3:10 AM

Judgment Day – January 17, 2023 .

Judgment Day takes place on January 17 every year. Even though it sounds serious, it is a fun holiday that reminds us that we are our own best judges and we don’t have to wait until death to realize our rights and wrongs. All you have to do on Judgment Day is simply take a glance in the mirror and be your own judge. The day is often summed up in a single quote: “Now you don’t have to die to see how you measure up to your deity’s standards. Just look in the mirror, wait for the answer, and go out and give it another shot.” Judgment Day reminds us to be kind and do good even when no one is watching..

RSS