Forums

Help › Forums

ODDS, ENDS and OTHER THINGS..

Wed, Apr 10 2024 1:08 AM (1,171 replies)
  • DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2022 4:55 PM

I wonder if I'd still be there if they bombed my home?

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2022 4:56 PM

Something other ,

A tune from Robin Trower  , " Friends ". 

OPY 

EDIT :  on a side note from another thread with out hijacking if that ever happens here in WGT land , say no more nudge nudge ,   

I may not play the game as once we did ,  and might not be seen in the forums alot , Unless calling out a true troll ,  there are a few of us old timers that talk out side said game !

You have no idea  " Miss Pro "  what a breath of fresh air you bring back to the forums .  

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2022 10:10 PM

@Opy

She already said that random thoughts are welcome as long as people contribute. It's not possible to hi-jack this thread.

ct

ps: The "good old days" are now.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2022 5:08 AM

• HamdenPro
    2,408 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2022 8:21 AM

OK, so there are some that do check this thread out from time to time...and CT is correct, can't hijack this thread, it can go in any direction anyone wants to take it (unless it is negative, which, I obviously cannot control, I therefore just hope it never goes that route).

Let's have some fun...

• HoleyJuan
    34 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2022 11:07 AM

ct690911:
    She already said that random thoughts are welcome as long as people contribute. It's not possible to hi-jack this thread.

Is it me? I thought I read something different yesterday?

• HamdenPro
    2,408 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2022 12:31 PM

HoleyJuan:
    Is it me? I thought I read something different yesterday?

Nope, it's you!! LOL

This is what I posted yesterday:

"I started this thread as a vehicle to provide an area for anyone to post whatever they felt may be of interest, whether golf related or not"

The only request I had, and have, is that we all try to keep everything positive.

Now, if you are referring to a different thread, yes, regretfully, I had to issue an Official WGT Junior Moderator warning. (I do so enjoy writing up those infractions..) Note, if you get 3 infractions (or warnings) the fine is a sleeve of balls of my choosing.

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2022 6:00 PM

The two most pertinent songs of the 20th & 21st centuries concerning war & it's sadness

It hasn't changed since the beginning of time. Except for a brief period in the 60's when we told our government to go pound sand, instead of the Vietnamese people.

Ended the war & the reign of Richard Nixon. All through the LOVE generation

If there is any doubt as to what a nations megalomaniac leader willl do, just look into the *Kent State Masacres*

We killed our own children, on American soil. 

Nixon was no Putin...

The above is not meant to be mean or derogatory. It is simply the past repeating itself. I think there may be a few people in here that never knew about *Kent State Massacre*

The answer is still love

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2022 6:05 PM

• HamdenPro
    2,408 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2022 6:37 PM

I truly appreciate what is going on in the world today. I think we all do, as well as what is at stake.

Nonetheless, I was really hoping that this thread would be, maybe at this point, one of the few that would be free of all bad things, and reminders of them.

I guess that was a naive thought...but in any event, I am going to have the blow the whistle, throw the flag, motion to the penalty box or off the field...sorry.....

I call FOUL

BUT, GONFISSION, IS RIGHT, THE ANSWER IS STILL LOVE, so this is just a warning....

RSS