Forums

Help › Forums

Players Quitting!!

Wed, Aug 30 2023 4:24 PM (225 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 7:48 PM

pdb1:
    What are you going on about ? I'm not sure . Do you think I am using offensive language ? That you are reporting me ?To suggest moderation ?

OMG, I was making a joke about saying "butt hurt"

You said the guy was suspended for sayng "butt hurt" and then you said it yourself.  I was saying if that was why he was suspended, then we would get confirmation if you were.

OK, memo to self, no replying to PDB1 anymore, not that I was planning too.

EDIT:  Nothing here to ever involve moderation, good lord no. The offense was in a different thread and, again, nothing to involve moderators, maybe involves moderating one's self and being careful what you call people.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 7:06 AM

HamdenPro:
    maybe involves moderating one's self and being careful what you call people.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 7:19 AM

Duphpherer:

Not a big deal. It's called being moderated. I suppose everyone was moderated at some time or other, but It makes the responses irrelevant and back 3 pages instead of part of the current conversation. How long does moderation last? 

Written 01/09 at 4 pm pdt. 

Moderation is supposed to last about 35 to 40 posts (not counting posts to CC forums). If, after that many posts, one has not been automatically taken off moderation, the player can post a request to one of the moderator's walls. 

I would post to WGTNico's wall. 

By the way, posts are always time stamped when they're composed and posted, regardless of whether or not the post is moderated. 

But yes, you're correct. Moderated posts make conversations a bit more difficult. 

• WGTNico
    618 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 1:15 PM

Robert1893:

Duphpherer:

Not a big deal. It's called being moderated. I suppose everyone was moderated at some time or other, but It makes the responses irrelevant and back 3 pages instead of part of the current conversation. How long does moderation last? 

Written 01/09 at 4 pm pdt. 

Moderation is supposed to last about 35 to 40 posts (not counting posts to CC forums). If, after that many posts, one has not been automatically taken off moderation, the player can post a request to one of the moderator's walls. 

I would post to WGTNico's wall. 

By the way, posts are always time stamped when they're composed and posted, regardless of whether or not the post is moderated. 

But yes, you're correct. Moderated posts make conversations a bit more difficult. 

Hey that's me

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 3:05 PM

🙂

• Jedef
    63 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 5:12 AM

I think what most people find infuriating ( a bit strong perhaps) is an acknowledgement of the point they are making and an agree or disagreement of the point being made . I like you rarely browse this forum on account of the lack of constructive comment that is to be had .As Wgt seen to be so keen on  look of the game and keen not to have anybody be offended by the 'robust' nature of some players texting I would suggest that the message, ***** has forfeited, to ***** has conceded . A forfeit is a sanction placed on one when the rules are not followed and the player is punished and as such has negative connotations whereas conceding is an acknowledgement of defeat and has a slightly less narky attitude about it .

All pretty pedantic I know but as Wgt seem to be pretty hot on not offending anyone and pretty cold on improving the functionality of the game , quite appealing to them , I would've thought. :)

• Jedef
    63 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 5:36 AM

Robert1893:

Jedef:

yes I agree , thank you . I hadn't noticed the post was so old , I was just looking for a place to post my opinion on conceding a game.

I'm just quoting this post because I believe it's the most recent one of yours in the thread.

Apologies for any of my posts that offended. It was certainly not my intent. Please consider sticking around the forums. There are a lot of good people on here.

I sent you some sleeves of balls. I hope you received them.

Yes I did , thankyou sir ,what a pleasant surprise ! 

Unfortunately , having spent a fortune in playing the game since 2010 and trying almost everything, I have long since realised that no amount of better balls or clubs will improve my enjoyment or prowess so I have settled on cheap balls that , at 70 , slow the meter down a little and make hitting the 'ding' a little less random :(  

on the previous point of this being an 'old' subject, it's the same as someone telling a joke you haven't heard and having people jump  in spoiling the punchline . It's a new subject to many.  We don't all spend time keeping up with the forum . Some of us are actually playing the game . :))

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 6:13 AM

Jedef:
    Yes I did , thankyou sir ,what a pleasant surprise ! 

You're very welcome. It was my pleasure.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 6:31 AM
RSS