Forums

Help › Forums

Players Quitting!!

Wed, Aug 30 2023 4:24 PM (225 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 11:19 AM

Jedef:

So basically it's just best to stfu and not post anything ? 

No, that’s not the case. But as someone else pointed out, you resurrected a thread from over 10 years ago, posted some stuff, and then said “discuss.’

I’m sorry but I had no idea what the point of that was supposed to be. 

Contrary to what some may say, there are plenty of helpful and generous people on here. For example, some players on here have literally gifted equipment and balls totaling in the 1000’s of credits through various events over the years. 

And there are multiple threads of players providing free advice.  

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 11:20 AM

pdb1:
    IDK about any 10 month rule in the T & C or wherever

OK< so you got me, I made that one up, but it should be.

So it is said, so it shall be done.

EDIT: Hmmm, I wonder, when I retire, I could become a WGT Covid Enforcement Officer.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 11:21 AM

I'm good with forfeiting. Just do it correctly by using the withdraw option. I play my 30 min sponsorship trying to get as many apparel boxes as possible and forfeits help that cause.

Those that slam the game shut waste 3-5 minutes while the game times out, which of course was their rude butt-hurt plan. They should be suspended. 

Anything is better than the 12 yr old player mentality that use up their entire 10 shots putting around the green. 

Takes all kinds...

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 11:30 AM

Robert1893:

you resurrected a thread from over 10 years ago, posted some stuff, and then said “discuss.’

Contrary to what some may say, there are plenty of helpful and generous people on here. For example, some players on here have literally gifted equipment and balls totaling in the 1000’s of credits through various events over the years. 

Are you on moderation, because I think I said this, kind of, without the generosity stuff, or are you just saying the same thing, but better and in less words?

I will point out, since you are not the type of person to toot their own horn (like some of us, but I will not name my own name), that you are one of the most generous individuals here and make a pretty dang good Santa.

BTW, the dog is much better than an old H.S. photo, IMHO.

EDIT: Not that the H.S. photo was bad or anything, just seemed old - not in color.....just sayin'

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 11:47 AM

@HP

I think I was simply composing my post while you were posting. Thanks for the kind words; I appreciate them.

I agree. The picture of our dog, Angel, is a much better picture than my HS photo. By the way, Angel and her sister (Hope) are no longer with us. Below is a picture of Hope, who never mastered the art of social distancing. 😀

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 11:53 AM

Robert1893:

I agree. The picture of our dog, Angel, is a much better picture than my HS photo. By the way, Angel and her sister (Hope) are no longer with us. Below is a picture of Hope, who never mastered the art of social distancing. 😀

I CALL FOUL!

You made me cry.

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 11:54 AM

HamdenPro:

Robert1893:

BTW, the dog is much better than an old H.S. photo, IMHO.

I personally miss the teacher/ professor profile pic. It always made me think you knew what you were talking about.

26,098 Male Teacher Cliparts, Stock Vector and Royalty Free Male Teacher  Illustrations

...it was better than the one shown here

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 1:48 PM

I play to win , like everybody else on WGT ,but if it becomes obvious that it is not going to happen , whether due to my opponents 'brilliance' or my own lack of the same . I find it pointless to continue  just for the sake of completing the round . If people need their egos massaging then that's their problem , I don't . I feel the that 'conceding' the game is sufficient acknowledgement of their prowess in that particular round and we can both move on to the next challenge without wasting time and shots . 

There are not many that would object to you doing that, indeed for many, especially in the 30min of sponsorship, you're doing them a favour.  The problem comes when people don't quit properly and cause the other person to wait or, reportedly, sometimes even forfeit themselves.

In coin games I don't feel that any etiquette applies  and I'm not offended or peeved in the slightest if somebody I've never met and never will ,slags me off in a game or forfeits it .In fact I'm all for it .

I'm much the same blocking, however ineffective, usually makes me feel fine about rude people and I'm always happy with a properly done forfeit. 

Also I find it ridiculous that wgt is spending time and our money modifying the chat when there is so much more that can be done in the game itself .

Their priorities don't often coincide with what most players think they should be.

---------------------------

I really don't see what he did wrong and as said if he'd just asked he'd as likely have been directed to the search box.  The fact he's the only person, apart from a brief interlude from alosso, that's probably not using his first language I think means a little leeway should be given on tone.  Mythanatos then posted a sarcastic reply and Robert laughed, in effect laughing at him (Jedef).

I didn't understand a word of that mate :( but further to the discussion is anyone aware of the possibility of forcing a forfeit when it appears the game is not loading . I've been caught out by this a few times when restarting the game and finding I've been disqualified and the coins deducted . funnily enough this only happens when I'm winning .

There are many rumours about this sort of thing but as I'm even less experienced than you in coin games, I just started playing them at the start of October, I can't really help. That's why I didn't answer your posts before, there are some in this thread that could answer much better on this.

??, explain the joke please 

PureGro1 Basically- its about bringing up an 11yo thread...

Here is the catch...If you had made a new thread someone would have told you to use the search box, If you use the search box someone will ask why your bringing up an old thread.

It's only ever been an issue for me since flash ended ( 1 year ago )and I started playing the coin games. I wouldn't dream of quitting on a cc member or someone I'd played with for several years . I 've obviously not made myself clear but the next time I get a friendly, informative ,humorous or light hearted reply from anyone will be the first time . WGT is indeed populated with ******* ********* . :))

As said the it's fine to quit in the coin games as long as you quit properly.

Robert1893:

Jedef:

No, that’s not the case. But as someone else pointed out, you resurrected a thread from over 10 years ago, posted some stuff, and then said “discuss.’

The old thread was called "players quitting" and that's what he wanted to discuss, if when using English he put it in a way that seemed abrupt to you is that really a big deal? The quoted comment from him clearly came from what PureGro1 rightly said.  He didn't mention generosity or lack of it, you brought that up.  He wasn't asking to be gifted anything, although perhaps he expected civility. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 3:14 PM

HamdenPro:
    You made me cry.

Sorry about that!

It has been a bit of a tough week around here, but we're getting through it. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 3:16 PM

BPeterson8256:
    I personally miss the teacher/ professor profile pic. It always made me think you knew what you were talking about.

Well, my motto always has been "if you can't convince them with substance, dazzle them with style." 😉

The professor pic is one of my favorites. 

RSS