Forums

Help › Forums

Players Quitting!!

Wed, Aug 30 2023 4:24 PM (225 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,216 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2022 12:10 PM

Just had my daily quitter during A/S...he was a TC.   Getting old really quick.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2022 6:26 AM

callaghan159:

3 in 3 days here- new day games have been short recently...we can hope the new update does something.

• callaghan159
    6,216 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2022 1:37 PM

PureGro1:

callaghan159:

3 in 3 days here- new day games have been short recently...we can hope the new update does something.

I have started a new blog......wall of shame for quitters

• ArthurDented42
    8 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2023 8:41 AM

Not sure if this is a topic but I have not made cuts on tournaments due to quitters is it an issue with others or am I doing something wrong? This has happened on numerous occasions.

Full disclosure I have had to quit games but have made apologies and then quit with the quit button not left the player needing a reconnection to continue.  

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,866 Posts
    Thu, Apr 6 2023 10:18 PM

ArthurDented42:
    but I have not made cuts on tournaments due to quitters i

I'm just reading this, but what kind of tournaments are these that you're not making the cut? The only kind I know of is for individuals only...like the bi-monthly Showdowns run by WGT.

• Stlkcdc3
    272 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2023 7:05 AM

pdb1:

@Duphpherer . This guy had a response I guess he pulled it back . He had some good points about players wasting sponsor time . And purposely using up the clock . Either by way of timeouts , knowing that it will piss off the opponent . Or putting 10 shots around the green . Or whatever .

He's right . It's a shame there are players pulling that crap .

He also mentions using the withdraw option when exiting . In my rounds they never use that . If they did I wouldn't have so many problems .

There are several different scenarios that occur when they quit . None of them good . Losing out on the sponsor round , getting a false forfeit , and jumbling up the program adding another minute or 2 to my LOADING RENDER OBJECTS on the next round .

Not to mention instead of getting this screen below that generally gives them the forfeit

I get this instead .

And even sometimes this

Lol . Right ? I can assure you neither are correct . Ever . I literally have dozens of these . Real pain in the ass .

THIS^^^^^^^^ I must block 5 folks per day as soon as anyone pulls this crap. I don't care about coins but wasting time watching the system catch up for 2 minutes or more nope. Once is enough as they will pull it every time. I might just be a "donkey" because I also block another 5 a day that take 2-3 minutes to load the initial screen. Some must still be using dial up. At this rate, I figure in about 783 more days I may only have a handful of persons to play. But it's the principle lol.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2023 12:35 PM

Stlkcdc3:
    At this rate, I figure in about 783 more days I may only have a handful of persons to play. But it's the principle lol.

I get the frustration,Just FYI....

"Blocking" a player ONLY stops chat and their ability to post on your wall. It DOES NOT stop you from pairing w/ them in game again.

• Squatch031
    162 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2023 1:09 PM

What is interesting is that I spend a LOT of money on balls and equipment and never seem to have the problems listed above.  Coincidence?  

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,866 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2023 2:24 PM

Blocking doesn't even stop them from PLAYING AGAINST YOU!

This week is a banner week for forfeiting. WGT offers 15 points as a weekly goal if you win 7 "coin games" in a row. But the knowledgeable player knows that if you are losing, then "drop out" and it won't count as a loss and you won't have to start over!

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,866 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2023 3:09 PM

Oops! Also...

Here's an email WGT Support sent me regarding players forfeiting, and my reply.

RSS