Forums

Help › Forums

Players Quitting!!

Wed, Aug 30 2023 4:24 PM (225 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2022 5:33 PM

SamSpayed:
    It's not just you.  I'm mystified as well.

No real mystery. Eventually one, or the other, will give up, that could be considered quitting, then it is back on topic again...seems very logical.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2022 7:17 PM

SamSpayed:

< removed by author >

I GOT A PLAYER QUITTING STORY!!!

It happened yesterday in a Head to Head match on Chelsea (500 coins each for 1 hole).

We were on Kiawah #7, which is a par 5. He is a Master, and hit a drive down the fairway. Mine was a bit farther.

He got upset that I was playing on Chelsea, and not the big coin games, and it wasn't fair at all!

I messaged him back that I was giving him 80 yards distance on the tee...

but the message that got posted was "*********"

(WTF!!?)

I sent another message explaining...but he had quit the game.

I sure do wish I could have < removed by author >.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2022 9:26 PM

SamSpayed:
      I'm mystified

Wow, easy enough...I was assured it would take much more than that.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2022 5:52 AM

DuFussMcGoo:
    I am at a loss as to why it's here in a forum called "Players Quitting". Your verbiage doesn't seem to qualify. But, I guess, it's just me. 

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2022 6:39 AM

+100

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2022 7:35 AM

PureGro1:

SamSpayed:
      I'm mystified

Wow, easy enough...I was assured it would take much more than that.

I'm also a bit surprised that Sam is "mystified". Usually, he cleanly dissects long posts and explains them to those of us who prefer succinct thoughts.

Many of you are on my short FL (25 players). I purposely requested that you join because you are busy in the forums and I respect your opinions. Sometimes though, your opinions are detailed to the point where many of us need a beer or two to get through them...lol

That's why we also need folks like Sam and Robert..:)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2022 2:19 PM

SamSpayed:

DuFussMcGoo:
    I am at a loss as to why it's here in a forum called "Players Quitting". Your verbiage doesn't seem to qualify. But, I guess, it's just me. 

DuFussMcGoo:

It happened yesterday in a Head to Head match on Chelsea (500 coins each for 1 hole).

We were on Kiawah #7, which is a par 5. He is a Master, and hit a drive down the fairway. Mine was a bit farther.

He got upset that I was playing on Chelsea, and not the big coin games, and it wasn't fair at all!

(WTF!!?)

So this is what it's meant to be :-)  Sorry to have discussed some things that may cause stuff like this to happen.  Sorry a conversation developed and moved on.  I'll try to remember it's just a list of instances that are wanted.... but before I do that..........

So with your drive further up the fairway than his your response to his concerns was you'd given him 80yds,  hmmm how unreasonable of him not to be consoled by this.

You also missed the most important detail, how he quit, if you quickly got coins and apparel he was quite considerate.

And for all those that found this too long after they were forced to read it, I strongly recommend  https://discord.gg/pkhKNd4qjT instead.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2022 3:02 PM

DodgyPutter:

SamSpayed:

DuFussMcGoo:

DuFussMcGoo:

(WTF!!?)

So this is what it's meant to be :-)  Sorry to have discussed some things that may cause stuff like this to happen.  Sorry a conversation developed and moved on.  I'll try to remember it's just a list of instances that are wanted.... but before I do that..........

So with your drive further up the fairway than his your response to his concerns was you'd given him 80yds,  hmmm how unreasonable of him not to be consoled by this.

You also missed the most important detail, how he quit, if you quickly got coins and apparel he was quite considerate.

And for all those that found this too long after they were forced to read it, I strongly recommend  https://discord.gg/pkhKNd4qjT instead.

I always preferred the 80 yd gift on my approach shot, vice drive. Never given, though..(:

No offence I hope Dodgy. Your posts are well penned. I just find it gets harder to absorb long posts as I get older. That said, I thoroughly enjoy trying..:)

ct

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2022 4:26 PM

ct690911:
    I just find it gets harder to absorb long posts as I get older.

All good CT :-)  Funny enough little of the last one was me ;-)

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2022 7:33 PM

PureGro1:

DuFussMcGoo:

Call a shrink I'm a broken man.

RSS