Help › Forums

Players Quitting!!

Wed, Aug 30 2023 4:24 PM (225 replies)
  • PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2022 11:44 AM

DuFussMcGoo:

Hi PureGro1. 

I noticed you're just a champion. Is that because you play the back tees and Champion speed greens?

Have you locked in your average yet? I think WGT requires 1,000 ranked rounds to start! Do you know how many ranked rounds you've got so far?

I didn't have to do that many. I had to play only 200 ranked rounds to make TOUR CHAMPION.

I think I covered that but to answer your questions  Yes, No and no real idea...a lot? It does not matter to me.

You, I believe probably saw me state at some point my desire to become a TC? You possibly misunderstood what I was saying- I quoted it for you below, My feeling is it will come when it comes...and that seems to puzzle you.

PureGro1:
    I do want to make TC but honestly feel my skill set is not where I would want it, to carry that tag.

DuFussMcGoo:
    ps Just rubbing some salt.

Well, it Helps if there is a wound...and its not hard to spot where that wound is so be careful handling the salt.

You seem to think I am in a hurry to make TC, You seem to think that I harbor some ill will or resentment about red tee players? I really think you have no idea what I think, because you read what you think it says- while projecting your own insecurities instead of reading what I actually said but that is none of my business. 

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2022 11:52 AM

HamdenPro:

Oh my GAWD.....is it the Sativa, or lack of good Indica?

Lol probably helped having Acapulco Gold,  but actually it was that I respect Dodgy as a player and wanted to be clear where I was coming from, Vs where it seemed he thought I was coming from in hope of avoiding doing this multiple times for the same reason.

EDIT: I gotta go back to the garden, I used your flag to wipe my hands...might need to wash it before ya throw it.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2022 2:02 PM

im going to interrupt this program:

just pointing out that clash rounds count as RRs and apparel is active in those. 

you may go back to your regularly scheduled bickering. ;)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2022 2:57 PM

PureGro1:
    I understand what your saying about red tee vs apparel- and I did say on longer courses the clothes are most definitely a help

Lol generally you got me, I wouldn't know where to begin ;-).

I don't know WC like you do, what I do know I'm not that keen on, and it sounds like you're not really an apparel player.  If you were and the length stuff was of no use to you then you'd use other stuff on WC.  I should say, I have/do use apparel but only in one hole games and the showdown.  I just don't play rr's, well I do but they're rg's or other tournaments. I collect apparel, mainly as it's there, and intend to have choices and use what I think suits best. 

I don't really see much to disagree with throughout your post although you may have used volume to bamboozle me :-)

DuFussMcGoo:
    I didn't have to do that many. I had to play only 200 ranked rounds to make TOUR CHAMPION.

I don't think that's right, I reckon you'd have been the same as me and just has to play one round to activate it on the day the tier was opened.  Lol, I really didn't want to go there but had to play a round eventually.  Those that didn't go up that way needed 1,000 rr.  We needed 200 to saturate.

This is general, not a response to any post: I think there are two things that happen these days: 

Some people rise through the tiers too quickly, I think apparel will play an increasing part in that but red tee stuff does too.  Many people tier up very quickly and tier up slowly, mainly by not playing rr's some by genuine preference, a few probably through ignorance and others tactically. 

Those that tier up too quickly harm nobody, well possibly themselves, cheat nobody and presumably enjoy playing the way they do.  Those that tier up slowly/ level up quickly by design often have the best equipment off shorter tees.  As the first group obviously wanted to be a top tier there will be virtually no multi's or cheats among them while the one's hanging in the lower tiers will have many of both.  (That could do with a longer explanation but I'm a bit pushed for time, same with the following)  WGT make it easier and easier for the second group  to do what they do.  I must say I much prefer the red tee mob.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2022 3:10 PM

< removed by author >

• HamdenPro
    2,409 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2022 3:29 PM

⬆️⬆️⬆️  MEOW

SamSpayed:
    But now that this thread has been completely derailed

The thread was derailed almost 11 years ago, and then revived with an open-ended invitation for a discussion. It is not like it was just now derailed.

IMO, it is just further proof that old threads never die, they just become less relevant.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2022 3:56 PM

<removed by aliens>

• LeftyMcGee7
    449 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2022 4:38 PM

HamdenPro:

⬆️⬆️⬆️  MEOW

IMO, it is just further proof that old threads never die, they just become less relevant.

IMHO, they ONLY become relevant when we n00bs come along and see y'all fussin. 

Highly entertaining (slow clap)

& a smiley wink thingy

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2022 4:41 PM

PureGro1:
    You seem to think that I harbor some ill will or resentment about red tee players? I really think you have no idea what I think, because you read what you think it says-

I'm sorry about this. I do tend to fall asleep during a long-winded, dissertation, and I guess I was thinking you and DodgyPutter are having discussions "way" above my reading skills. 

This important information maybe should be discussed in messages to one another.

I am at a loss as to why it's here in a forum called "Players Quitting". Your verbiage doesn't seem to qualify. But, I guess, it's just me. 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2022 4:52 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    I am at a loss as to why it's here in a forum called "Players Quitting". Your verbiage doesn't seem to qualify. But, I guess, it's just me. 

It's not just you.  I'm mystified as well.

RSS