Forums

Help › Forums

Forfeiture and quitting the game

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 10 2021 12:33 AM (43 replies)
  • Hellbent60
    9 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2021 8:19 AM

It's not the forfeiture or quitting of the game that bothers me. Hell I would like everyone that I play to forfeit the game after their first shot. What bothers me more is when the opponent is going to loose and then they start hitting a driver off the green or putting in the wrong direction. Maybe they do this hoping that you will quit thus giving them the game win.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 6:58 AM

ichott:

Mythanatos:

Those are all me me me narcissistic reasons. Would the word concede be better? 

doesn’t matter what the word is, the problem is it messes with the game, it can freeze for 10 minutes and you can’t do a damn thing unless you forfeit/concede yourself🤨

that's not using the FF option. That occurs when someone just closes their phone or tablet without exiting the game. takes a while for the game to realize they aren't there. different problem.  

(discounting the same scenario when it occurs in a showdown)

• Dynofine
    18 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 6:25 AM

Never said I was harmed. It’s just not playing with a competitive spirit that is invoked by the nature of the game. I could always be wrong, have been before. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 9:49 AM

Dynofine:

Never said I was harmed. It’s just not playing with a competitive spirit that is invoked by the nature of the game. I could always be wrong, have been before. 

so it's not about winning it's about winning for as long as possible to be sure that your opponent knows that they got beat.

how about instead of overdoing the competition you go with sportsmanship. accept the win and move on 

• Dynofine
    18 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 11:52 AM

I just played a master and she quit while we are both on the green, she’s two shots down and forfeits. I’m left waiting on the countdown and wondering if it’s coming back. This mostly happens with lower handicapped players. I just don’t get it. Quitters, makes me want to cuss.

• Dynofine
    18 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 11:55 AM

Now that’s a helluva an answer

• Dynofine
    18 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 12:24 PM

Now that sounds like an answer coming from a real sportsman

• Dynofine
    18 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 12:27 PM

There ya go, my sentiments exactly