Forums

Help › Forums

Forfeiture and quitting the game

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 27 2021 1:28 PM (25 replies)
  • Hellbent60
    2 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2021 8:19 AM

It's not the forfeiture or quitting of the game that bothers me. Hell I would like everyone that I play to forfeit the game after their first shot. What bothers me more is when the opponent is going to loose and then they start hitting a driver off the green or putting in the wrong direction. Maybe they do this hoping that you will quit thus giving them the game win.

• Mythanatos
    1,894 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 6:58 AM

ichott:

Mythanatos:

Those are all me me me narcissistic reasons. Would the word concede be better? 

doesn’t matter what the word is, the problem is it messes with the game, it can freeze for 10 minutes and you can’t do a damn thing unless you forfeit/concede yourself­čĄĘ

that's not using the FF option. That occurs when someone just closes their phone or tablet without exiting the game. takes a while for the game to realize they aren't there. different problem.  

(discounting the same scenario when it occurs in a showdown)

• Dynofine
    9 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 6:25 AM

Never said I was harmed. It’s just not playing with a competitive spirit that is invoked by the nature of the game. I could always be wrong, have been before. 

• Mythanatos
    1,894 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 9:49 AM

Dynofine:

Never said I was harmed. It’s just not playing with a competitive spirit that is invoked by the nature of the game. I could always be wrong, have been before. 

so it's not about winning it's about winning for as long as possible to be sure that your opponent knows that they got beat.

how about instead of overdoing the competition you go with sportsmanship. accept the win and move on 

• pdb1
    22,243 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 10:36 AM

Mythanatos:
    Would the word concede be better? 

SamSpayed:

Yes.  Much better.

No they have to be separate .They could mean the same . But they are different here . 2 different acceptable actions .

Forfeiting is legal and allowed and polite . Forfeiting from the FORFEIT prompt on the menu . Ends the match without connection disruptions .

Forfeiting by just logging out is just plain rude and unsportsmanlike . But not punishable .

" Conceding the putt " is legal and polite .

YouLostToALoser:

Even when they ‘concede’ right when you make your final putt with 2 putts to win when it is obvious they would lose much earlier on 1 hole matches.

This wastes at least a couple of minutes on the 30 min sponsored matches. That’s when I find it to be melevelent. Forfeiting any other time doesn’t bother me at all.

NEW PICS UPLOAD Skulls10

• pdb1
    22,243 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2021 8:09 AM

Yesterday one of the guys in our alt shot group said . " Quitters are taking over the game " . I really didn't know what to say . But I said " Let's take it back " . 

Even though a round may have no stats or scores . It is still a game . For most of us . We get experience . Especially if your having a bad round . Practice hitting out of the fescue . What better time to do it . Even if you are 4 over . Plus some good chat . And just plain fun .

But it is obvious that there is a type of player that is only there for the win . Or coins I guess . So many times . Having a good neck and neck round . I hit close to the hole on the last hole . Not a given but I'll probably win . He's got a 12 yrd pitch . He don't even care he has already forfeited . Why not play the shot . Make an effort . It's only one more shot . 

Heck . Most of us will play 3 or 4 more holes several strokes over . Just because it is good sportspersonship . And the experience . And the fun just playing .

I still get about 50% of opponents in coins . That won't speak a word . Not even a pw or gg . All Americans I might add . 

Just doesn't seem like they got the memo . This s__t is fun . 

• Dynofine
    9 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 11:52 AM

I just played a master and she quit while we are both on the green, she’s two shots down and forfeits. I’m left waiting on the countdown and wondering if it’s coming back. This mostly happens with lower handicapped players. I just don’t get it. Quitters, makes me want to cuss.

• Dynofine
    9 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 11:55 AM

Now that’s a helluva an answer

• Dynofine
    9 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 12:24 PM

Now that sounds like an answer coming from a real sportsman

• Dynofine
    9 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 12:27 PM

There ya go, my sentiments exactly