Help › Forums

Accessing New Version

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 9 2021 5:08 AM (22 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 2:32 PM

ScottHope:

Wow... that is old. I'm on 87.something.  : )

That number I posted previously was for the game though not the browser.

I think W. was President. LOL

As for the PCEA version, I do have the same as you posted

Don

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 3:33 PM

ScottHope:

In Chrome, go here...

chrome://settings/clearBrowserData

Click the advanced tab, check all the checkboxes except the cookies and other site data. Then click clear data.

I appreciate the idea, Scott. But one of the settings there under Advanced is Passwords and other sign-in data.   I'm not willing to clear that.  I have way too many passwords saved for sites other than WGT, and I'm not going to wipe them out just because a button on a gaming website doesn't work properly.

Honestly, I think there is something else preventing the PLAY NOW button from working.  I don't think it's caused by some fouled-up browser data.  

For reference, I'm using Chrome Version 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit) and the same version of the WGT app that you are.  I'm pretty sure that the WGT app version doesn't matter, anyway, since the browser (ideally) will just try to launch whatever version of golf.exe you have installed.

I also tried (temporarily) disabling my antivirus software to see if maybe something in that was blocking whatever's being executed when you click the PLAY NOW button.  No luck with that either.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2021 1:00 AM

Sam, if I had passwords saved in my browser I'd feel the same.

Anyway, I did go through the clear browser data options one by one, and the only one that caused that pop up to appear was the one right at the bottom, Hosted app data.

RSS