Forums

Help › Forums

Accessing New Version

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 9 2021 5:08 AM (22 replies)
  • Hayduke1968
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 2:04 PM

I've downloaded the dang launcher numerous times.  Attempt to 'Play Now' and am taken back to the download for mobile device page.  Am I only able to play on my phone and not my PC or Mac?  Makes no sense to me and I'd love some / any help accessing the game I so loved previously.  Thank you in advance. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 3:34 PM

Hayduke1968:

I've downloaded the dang launcher numerous times.  Attempt to 'Play Now' and am taken back to the download for mobile device page.  Am I only able to play on my phone and not my PC or Mac?  Makes no sense to me and I'd love some / any help accessing the game I so loved previously.  Thank you in advance. 

You do not click the "Play Now" button like with the flash version.

Once you have downloaded and installed the new version, an Icon should appear on your desktop. Or, search for the correct file and run accordingly.

Don

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 4:25 PM

Look for this icon on your desktop.......

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 10:04 PM

TopShelf2010:
    I do, and it works.

It will open a new FF window stating "opening WGT game". Next, the app will be started.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 2:56 AM

alosso:

TopShelf2010:
    I do, and it works.

It will open a new FF window stating "opening WGT game". Next, the app will be started.

I normally open the Launcher first, then access the Forums. I just tried what you suggested and I experienced exactly what the OP had mentioned. By clicking the Play Now button it takes me to the download page... not to the launcher.

Is there anyone else that can chime in that uses the Play Now button to access the launcher?

Don

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 5:08 AM

If you click the Play Now button you have grant access, so it can use the launcher on your computer. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 7:42 AM

Look closely to that new window. You may have to tick a box and a button QUICKLY before the download display arrives.

This would be necessary only once or twice.

• ScottHope
    10,005 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 10:30 AM

I have clicked that play now button a good number of times before, and have only just now seen that pop up with a check box, it must be a recent change. Now the game launches from the play now button.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 10:45 AM

Clicking the PLAY NOW button on the WGT.com website doesn't launch the game for me.  I'm using Chrome on Windows 10 Home.  

What I get is a pop-up window (https://m.wgt.com/?utm_source=wgt&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=navbar&mode=popup) that redirects to the app download screen.

Tried it both with and without the Launcher already running.  Same result with both.

• ScottHope
    10,005 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 11:04 AM

Try clearing your cookies Sam.

RSS