rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 9 2021 5:08 AM (22 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 11:12 AM

ScottHope:
    Try clearing your cookies Sam.

Did that.  No difference.

I did notice the PLAY NOW button on the wgt.com web site initially launches https://m.wgt.com/link?mode=popup&arl=main&utm_campaign=navplay before redirecting to the web site I listed in my previous post.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 11:16 AM

SamSpayed:
    ScottHope:
    Try clearing your cookies Sam.
    Did that.  No difference.

How about clearing out your browser cache for WGT completely.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 11:17 AM

Did that too, using CCleaner.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 11:26 AM

Sam that page is the download page for the different types of downloads, are you sure you have INSTALLED the download.

Downloading the file and installing the file are 2 different things.  And it makes no difference what browser(you stated Chrome with win10 home), the new version is NOT browser based.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 11:34 AM

Gary, I think you misunderstand.  I've already downloaded and installed the game and can play it just fine.  No issues there.  What I'm saying is on this web site (wgt.com), the green PLAY NOW button in the left nav bar does not launch the game, as it does for some people.

There's got to be a setting someplace, either in Chrome or in Windows 10, that has to be set a certain way in order for that PLAY NOW button to launch the game.  Truthfully, I really don't care if it works for me or not.  I can play the game just fine by clicking on the shortcut I created for it on my Taskbar.  But other players are obviously having the same problem, and we're seeing a lot of questions about it here in the Forums, so from that standpoint it would be nice to find a solution that works.

EDIT:  Tried it in Edge Chromium and SRWare Iron browsers also.  Same result in both.  

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 1:27 PM

Okay Sam, if you're still here, I did this and the pop up with the check box came back for me.

In Chrome, go here...

chrome://settings/clearBrowserData

Click the advanced tab, check all the checkboxes except the cookies and other site data. Then click clear data.

Now try the Play Now button.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 1:37 PM

ScottHope:

Okay Sam, if you're still here, I did this and the pop up with the check box came back for me.

In Chrome, go here...

chrome://settings/clearBrowserData

Click the advanced tab, check all the checkboxes except the cookies and other site data. Then click clear data.

Now try the Play Now button.

I tried this Scott using Chrome and it still takes me to the download page in case Sam is not around. 

Don

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 1:42 PM

Hmmm, what version of the game do you have Don?

I have 1.67.0.212582_D

Maybe the cookies need to be cleared too.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 1:51 PM

ScottHope:

Hmmm, what version of the game do you have Don?

I have 1.67.0.212582_D

Maybe the cookies need to be cleared too.

That could be the problem for me using the old version of Chrome I have (VERY old)

Version 49.0.2623.112 m

LOL

I am going to try using a different, more up to date, browser and see what happens.

Don

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 2:08 PM

Wow... that is old. I'm on 87.something.  : )

That number I posted previously was for the game though not the browser.

RSS