Tue, Feb 2 2021 1:26 PM (105 replies)
  • DanC2807
    956 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 4:11 AM

I second John's emotion

• largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 4:11 AM

The best thing about the flash version is the friends I have made throughout the years. I not only play every day with a good friend I have met here but I have traveled to Canada to spend time with him and play real golf. I will miss the flash but I am adjusting to the new version hoping that future updates with make the game more social friendly.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 4:42 AM

I played a guy yesterday and he screwed up with his touch screen and lost game against me for 10,000 coins. We chatted and I said lets play again and I wil concede. It didn't happen but we friended each other. I sent him a sleeve of TP5 balls instead.

The next day he sends me game invites whilst I am playing and WGT forfeits my game, I lost 10,000 coins. It happened 3 more times.

So I went into flash mode and changed my status to hidden, and back in PCEA I removed him as a friend, and made myself not visible.

• weetabix7
    524 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 5:18 AM

Best memories are all the laughs I have had over the years playing alt shot and the kindness of the people I have met on here. ScottHope has been  an absolute star!. I was having trouble with the coloured grid lines when putting and Scott came up with a way to change the colours so It was easier to read the green.

• gladsome
    446 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 7:56 AM

This group photo of our CC, at a meeting 2010 in Farmingdale ;) ,

will always remind me of the FLASH version...

Photo yellowed

• ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 9:23 AM

weetabix7:
    I was having trouble with the coloured grid lines when putting and Scott came up with a way to change the colours so It was easier to read the green.

Thank you Shaun, but that isn't going to work anymore now that you're not playing in a browser.

If you are using Windows 10 there are some colour filters in the settings you can play around with which might help.

Go to  All Settings > Ease of Access > Color Filters (left pane)

Cool pic gladsome, nicely put together. ; )

• Ladychipper
    22,706 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 1:10 PM

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year to you all!  My biggest  wish is that we get rid of that awful virus.

My Memories:

I joined WGT in April 2013 and was so lost as there was so much to see and do.  This forum helped me out tremendously!  I remember posting in the Community Introductions area and low and behold EasyEdward and CourteneyFish found me in there and must have been impressed because they invited this Amatuer into The Peoples Club in May 2013. I learned so much from them and many others in TPC and am still in the same club after all these years.  So I say "Thank You to the one and only EasyEdward for finding me."

I remember my first HIO, Kiawah #8.  My longest putt St. Andrews #5, 64 feet.  My first DBL Eagle on Kiawah I believe it was Hole #1. My longest drive of 409 yards, plus many more great shots or putts. 

Still having lots of fun getting together and playing alt shot with my friends.  To me that is the most valuable thing is having met bunches of great people.  TPC is like having one big extended family.  We talk about almost anything in our forum and the helpful and kind people in there are priceless.  Not to leave out the people outside of TPC because I have made some valuable friends throughout WGT. :-)

Thank you WGT for all you have done for us and hopefully a lot of us will continue on.

• sammey1
    681 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 1:43 PM

Flash put to rest:

• Pelletier13
    1 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 1:48 PM

are all games now creditonly I can not seem to find any courses or formats to play in. I can log in have profile and things like that but cant seem to get to a gameor match. Please help lol

• AugustWest82772
    45 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 1:56 PM

Just played my first Alt game and on the 9th hole it just says "Game Ends Without Winner."

My p and I were up by one and about to end it.

Has this happened to others? Just curious. 

RSS