Forums

Help › Forums

Farewell to Flash

Tue, Feb 2 2021 1:26 PM (105 replies)
  • bader76
    909 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:53 AM

My favourite moment would be being kicked by wgt champion on the WGT Twitch channel many times :):):)  Hope for many more to come aswell lol

Been playing for 7 years and tomorrow will be my 2000 consecutive days played.

Glad to meet so many players in this time but my best has to be when i cleaned up on a skins game over 9 holes at Pebble beach against Young46 (Jason) and  golfx3 (Paytonnnnnnnn) Hehehehe.

Also like to say a big thanks to Paulfinn52 for running the WGT World Cup over many years and hope for more years on the New version to come 

Cheers

Bader76

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 11:11 AM

This is a very easy answer for me..........  All the Wonderful People I have met along the way, The fun I have had and the True Forever Friends I have never met in Real life but would have willingly swapped for certain members of my Family.

You People know who you are and a great big thanks for keeping me sane, Or a least a little of my sanity, Let`s not go overboard eh lol

I have Friends from so many CC`s out there but it would be unjust for me not to mention my SEL Family and what they have done for me....

I Thank You all So, So very much...

Chris

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 11:11 AM

My favorite part lately is playing the NV against Flash players who are all over the Course with missed dings I guess, and I tell them I am playing the new version and slamming down Pars etc. lol, all the while telling the negative nelly's to make sure to switch to Classic putting green so it helps you putt better. 

Still I hear the stupid same old "I'll never play that new cartoon game". lol. Goodbye then. 

I am carrying on. I lost out when another golf game went down period. 

NOT THIS TIME.

wedge. 

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 11:14 AM

Champ, are we going to lose the 'old style' WGT.com when you switch flash off?

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 11:28 AM

MY BEST MEMORY OF WGT:

My best memory is when I first joined WGT.  I was green as a one dollar bill and didn't know what I was doing, so I went to forums and was pleasantly surprised how welcoming and polite everyone was.  WGT veterans were so willing to go out of their way to help me in any way they can.  I thought I went to heaven.  It was beautiful.  My best day in the WGT forums.  I found that the WGT Staff, Customer Service and Moderators did everything they can to make WGT a success.   We don't give them enough credit for all they do on a regular basis.  Thank you WGT for the great experiences over the last 10 years.

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 11:33 AM

A favorite memory has to be when I joined the Au Revior Gopher CC.  Yes, the word "revoir" is misspelled and I find it hilarious to this day.  Besides that little tidbit, meeting people from all across the globe through this game and chatting with them through Skype or other apps has brought many lasting memories.  No matter what, we all love golf.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 11:35 AM

Well, I'm 5 months short of 10 years, how time flies. It's definately the people it's been my pleasure to interact with on here. As far as a favorite moment, I'd have to say, a slightly inebriated overnighter in Oneonta comes to mind. In accorance with WGT rules and regs, I won't mention any names, but, they know who they are, lol.

I've yet to give the new version a go, but, I guess that'll get sorted shortly, & I'll see ya around.

Doc :)

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 11:37 AM

My favorite memory is when I first discovered the game back in 2015. I had just got a new iPad and did a search for golf games in the app store. The first hit was WGT. When I installed it and saw I could play St. Andrews, I was so excited! This is going to be fun, I thought. 

And it has been that and more. 

For a lot of reasons, I haven't played real golf in years and used to miss it a lot. So, the ability to play St. Andrews and other famous courses was (and still is) a very fun thing for me and fills the void of not playing in real life (for lack of a better way of putting it). 

I think my second favorite memory is when I first shot a sub-30 round. The day before, I had a short putt for a 29. But I was so nervous about it, I totally mis-hit the putt. Boy, was I mad at myself!

At the time, I was just playing the starters. So, I bought a sleeve of higher-level balls with the intent to shoot a 29. The next day, I shot a 28 on the back 9 of St. Andrews (fitting it was that course). As a bonus I had a pitch-in for birdie on 17. 

• Storm8338
    54 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 11:39 AM

The best memory of Flash? Find a browser in which the meter didn’t jumpo 🤣!

tks flash for all.. we will Miss u!!

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 11:49 AM

I will hit 12 years in January , The good times with Andyson , findings with Team Yancy , and the Christmas give aways along with the gift of golf . It has been a fun ride so far .

OPY

RSS