Forums

Help › Forums

Farewell to Flash

Tue, Feb 2 2021 1:26 PM (105 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:21 AM

I remember being really tickled when I got my first birdie 10 years ago.  Took much (much) longer to get my first subpar round, lol! 

And, as for WGT specifically, my best memories are when new courses came out over the years.  And new pin placements for “old” courses.  My club members get very excited about those, too.

Mostly, I thank WGT for the opportunity to get to know people from all over the world.  The FAPC has become quite an online “family,” doubling our golf and life joys, and halving our golf and life miseries.  

AKD

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:23 AM

Meeting my best friend now and club owner the supernova .

At first we hated each other ..

but eventually .

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:24 AM

my Hole In One on Chambers will always be amazing to me, 11 years on flash, sad day indeed....

so can we expect a 4 hour massive update to fix all the glitches and CAN I PLEASE HAVE MY KILTS, I HAVE OVER 4,000 CREDS WORTH OF KILTS, can i have those at least lol

Weylon

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:25 AM

I have only been playing for 5.5 yrs so not a lot of great memories but I do enjoy playing this silly game.  Struggling with the new version.  LOL. I am very happy and proud to have had the opportunity to play a part in the 12 DOC and Christmas in July. I always enjoy helping others whether its in this game or in real life. Cheers

Happy New Years to everyone and please be safe in this troubling Covid times.

Brian

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:26 AM

wow so many great ones after being here 10 years.... it could be when the first cleveland wedges came out and with the callaway balls you could spin them right off the green.../.

Or waiting for the next issue of the WGT Enquirer to come out from Andyson

Or the amazing anticipation of waiting for and playing the US Open course alongside the Pro's for that year

Or the first time we could play an alt game :)

Or the first time they tired to put up a live game, I think it was a Ryder Cup match way back, with Princess from Electra and some big names.. it was all put on independently at that time, and it was hard to watch, but amazing to see it finally up where we could all watch it.

The first time I saw the live from Denmark and the top players playing live, I thought wow, I always knew this could be this big :) well done WGT 

But I think my most fond memories of this game would have to be, the folks I have met along the way, from all around the world, the friendships that have gone way beyond the game, the support I have gotten from folks that I have never met IRL, but the bonds are even stronger.. wow... thank you WGT for creating  a platform that it could happen on and finding a way for this awesome game to continue.

-Dotty (TdotDoba)

To all of the friends and players that I have met on here, I have now been playing on the new version for over 2 months and it has really started to kick in, so way quicker then it took me to learn the flash version!

Please give it an honest try. I find the meter on the new version is way superior to the flash version and not as finicky. The rest will work itself out. just like it did on the flash version.

Cheers 

• xAmazingTrace
    122 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:26 AM

My favorite moment has been the day I met JSmithers. I found him on twitch. He started talking with me and later that day, introduced me to the new version on PC. He has befriended me since then and helped me in so many ways. Including, but not limited too, introducing me to this amazing community! I enjoy this game so much more than I did as a solo mobile player. Thanks for making this the best golf game out there!!

• bader76
    908 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:37 AM

That is still funny now Ken :)

• PaulBurtner
    30 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:40 AM

Aside from meeting some wonderful folks from around the globe through this game, my favorite memories have to be the few holes-in-one that I have managed to make. Nothing makes the heart beat a tick faster than seeing one bounce in the cup from the tee. If I had to pick one, it would be the one I made on Chambers #12.

Cheers,

Paul

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:44 AM

My favorite memory is playing Wolf Hole #13 for the 1st time. Lost so many balls trying to figure out how to go over that rock, good thing they were starters

• dtd1961
    32 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:44 AM

I remember all the good people I have meet, and the not too good racists. That is what made me stop playing for some time. Now, I got to download the game.

RSS