Forums

Help › Forums

Dev's present a country club challenge - Week 5 and on

Wed, Oct 26 2011 9:51 AM (98 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 7:28 PM

UPDATE !!!!!   Click Here

Could it be any closer .. with 1 day left to play ... here are the weekly standings.

• 1st Place - TIE -- Electra and Transgressional - 556
    • 3rd Place - Deviations - 561
    • 4th Place - Elite - 567
    • 5th Place - Italian Golf & CC - 580
    • 6th Place - English Lakes - 582
    • 7th Place - 3 way TIE - YellowBrickRoad, Cosa Nostra, Norman Webb Coll - 599

With 1 day left to play .. let's get those players on the course .. :)

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 9:29 PM

lvietri:
    7th Place - 3 way TIE - YellowBrickRoad, Cosa Nostra, Norman Webb Coll - 599

Lou, much as we'd like to claim moio's 63, he's a Cosa Nostra I'm afraid. So we're on 600. We need an inactive Legend or two to make sudden reappearances! Still shaking the tree.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2011 5:42 AM

Thanks Flaccus ... somehow I can't find your last player so for now I put in GonzoCPL (a TM with a 66).   Let me know who that 10th person is and I'll change the grid.

Changes to the leaderboard overnight.  

Electra and Transgressional remain in a dead lock for 1st.

Elite moved up on Deviatoins for 3rd thanks to a 53 by FarFoo and is now 1 point behind

Cosa Nostra moved to 597 alone in 7th thanks to a 59 by qld1jim.

Good luck to everyone playing on the last day.

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2011 12:23 PM

It's Hef111, Legend, with a 64.

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:55 AM

Thanks Lou and everyone for a great comp - lots of excitement and enjoyment. Hope you now have some relaxing, stress-free, low-scoring, preferably PB, credit-earning rounds Lou! You deserve it. Well done.

18CCC

WK43 KI

Normans Webb collective

1. 56 GoHardGoHome Legend
    2. 56 Fortesque99 Legend
    3. 57 Swinger72 Legend
    4. 58 flaccus Legend
    5. 60 DaneFenton Legend
    6. 62 Binkle Master
    7. 62 greatwhitedale Legend
    8. 62 Iron666maiden Tour Master
    9. 63 Spockboy Legend
    10. 64 Hef111 Legend

Total 600

• Daskino
    2,781 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 7:24 AM

I just sent Lou the last Italian G&CC weekly update.

I would like to thank Lou for this amazing Invitational. We considered it an honour and a privilege, and we had great time (despite some ugly scores, but who cares). Lou was a great "Master of the House", even if there were some hiccups along the way.

Thanks to all the CC's captains and players involved. I hope to play again with you all in the next CC League (Slor said after Ryder Cup, I think).

We look forward for a future Dev's Invitational session, hoping to be together with you again. ;)

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 10:50 AM

Hey! This GREAT and exciting  ending and our Tournament Marker has disappeared. 

I'm waiting to read this nice in depth post on a very close ending...and nothin. Get away from the buffet and bar Lou and lets get a final report...lol.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 11:33 AM

Thank you very much Lou for all your time and effort in getting this up and going, and keeping it going. You have done a fantastic job and thanks from all at ELCC.

This has been a competition that more than any other has involved our whole club. In all 31 different players had a score submitted for one of our 8 weekly scores, that is over 65% of the club membership, this has been truly a CC comp.

Thank you again Lou and we look forward to a repeat at sometime next year, if your nerves can stand it.

• Beryman
    9,085 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 3:27 PM

Thx for running such a fun and exciting comp Lou  :)   ....very nicely done, a lot of hard work you put in keeping this running !!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 4:44 PM

On behalf of my CC Brothers and Sisters at Deviations --- we appreciate the kind words.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it .. it certainly brought some players out of the wood work.   And as Edge said .. it came down to the very end .. and how close were these final few days.  

Recap --- and what a finish it was.

Transgressional and Electra finished in a dead heat Tie for 1st with 556 ... just amazing.  We have had ties for 2nd place twice .. but for first .. just unreal.   Given that fact that overall 3rd place was on the line - and Electra squeaked it out by 1 point .. absolutely amazing.

Going into Sunday night ... Deviations and Elite were tied for 3rd ... Elvinomopego put up a 57 to put Elite 1 up ... and then .. that old warhorse Claremoreblue came through with a 54 to put Deviations alone in 3rd .. and only 1 off the leaders.   Just unbelievable.

Move on to 5th place and yes .. another Tie for 5th between Italian Golf and CC and English Lakes.  

Not to be outdone ... until the last day YellowBrickRoad, Cosa Nostra and Norman Webb Coll were all within 1 point of each other.  YBR finished strong for 7th, followed by Cosa Nostra and NWC.   

Anyway --- my final congratulations to my fellow CC mates at Deviations for winning 4 out of the 8 weeks, 2nd place 3 times and a 3rd (this week) just 1 off the pace.   A truly amazing accomplishment against many many great teams and great players.

Good Luck to all of you in the future --- and for the final time.

CLICK HERE .... to see the final sores

CLICK HERE ... to see the final statistics (to be updated later this week)

RSS