Forums

Help › Forums

Dev's present a country club challenge - Week 5 and on

Wed, Oct 26 2011 9:51 AM (98 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 4:08 PM

With 3 weeks to play .. and the original thread so full of items not pertinent to the tournament ... I thought I would start this thread to keep the folks who are trying to play posted on how the tournament is progressing.

Click Here for an update on the tournament 

The Deviations CC now has 8 other country clubs participating for the last 3 weeks ... you can read the original thread (here) if you want all of the pertinent information.    The rules follow:

For the last 3 weeks all of the tournament members of the selected country clubs will play the WGT Weekly 18 hole single play tournament.  

1. All members of the selected country clubs can play regardless of tier ...   When the weekly tournament is over .. the club owner (or their designated captain) will send me a list of the 10 best players verifying their scores.   Only scores on the WGT leader board or in the players profiles will count.    (Owners / Captains will vouch the validity of all scores).
    2. The 10 scores will be added together for a total team score.  
    3. Points will be awarded based on the place each team finishes.  
    4. Weekly points will be added for a total score.

Note:  I will try to update the leader boards during the week but it is a manual update and will not be final until verified by the captains / owners.  

The participating teams will be:

1. The Deviations
    2. Transgressional CC
    3. The Elite CC
    4. Electra
    5. English Lakes CC
    6. Italian Golf and CC
    7. YellowBrickRoad
    8. Cosa Nostra
    9. The Norman Webb Collective

I have a page with some tournament statistics set up ... you can see by clicking here.

Good luck to everyone

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 4:12 PM

Good Job, Lou!

Question, Cosa Nostra lost a player (luis cavero <sp>) after he posted his score, should we remove it, or will it stand?

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 4:15 PM

If he was in your club when he played .. the score can stand.  

However .. I will leave that decision up to your team Owner and Captain as they verify the team scores for your club at the end of the week.

If the player joins another club during the week .. the score will not count .. as they were not part of the new club when they shot that score.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 5:14 PM

Nicely run tournament Lou.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 6:28 PM

Well done lou, was going to throw my toys out of the pram when I couldn't find the original one. ELCC has really loved this tourney. I was having a look yesterday and 27 players in the club have had a score entered in this tourney so far, I think that is really impressive.

Its looking very tight this week, 4 teams within 4 shots.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 7:59 AM

Nice going Lou. Looks like this is too close to call. Great job for Community. T.Gazz

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 6:22 AM

To all Players -----

I update the file with some preliminary scores and standings as of Friday Morning, Oct 7th at 9:00 AM EST.   This week looks like a dog fight.  Right now English Lakes is holding a 2 point lead with several clubs on their heels.   Please don't forget to get your games in.

Thanks,

Click Here to see what is going on this week.

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 7:31 PM

Something happening in Masters tier this week:

Legends: 3x59s, 10x60s, 9x61s

TMs: 1x59, 0x60, 1x61

Masters: 3x57, 2x58, 12x59, 14x60, 29x61

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 9:03 PM

Kiawa does suit Master and Tour master tees very well,lots of wedges in:)

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 9:17 PM

PRIESTESS:
    and Tour master

not happening at TM: 1x59, 0x60, 1x61

RSS