8. 68 Binkle Master
    9. 68 Gimmmeee Tour Master
    10. 71 snooze36au Master

TOTAL: 668

• law4822
    437 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 3:52 AM

overtheedge:

So....it looks like WGT is running late this morning. No tourns. on the board. Well..there are tourns. , just no Wk - 43?

not got a clue wats goin with this weeks weekly tournaments jeff, they aren't even scheduled in the calendar.

lets hope they are up soon tho.

Lee 

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 4:05 AM

My best guess is .. someone forgot to press a button on WGT's end.  This has happened before.   Let's let the day develop.  It usually gets straightened out about 9 AM West Coast Time when everyone gets back to work.

By the way .. still waiting for verification of scores from Electra and YellowBrickRoad.     If you gents can let me know ... we can move on to week 8 .. if / when WGT can the tournament set up.

And it looks like Kiawah has been selected once again for this weeks 18 hole single play.  Good luck to everyone.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 12:49 PM

Let me be the first to give a BIG SHOUT OUT / Congrats to Transgressional. You guys have battled extremely hard through-out this tournament, and you well deserve 2nd Place all alone this week. WTG Trans....edge.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 12:58 PM

With all scores now verified ---  here are the final results for week 7.   

Deviations squeaked out a win by 3 over a tough Transgressional team with Elite just 3 points behind them followed by English Lakes with another strong showing and the Italian Golf and CC with their best rounds of the year.  

Click here for the tournament scores  ..  CLICK

Click here for the tournament statistics to date .. CLICK

Here is a short recap .... good luck to everyone this week on Kiawah ... i have a feeling everyone is going to go Low Low Low Low Lowwwwwwwwwww .....

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 7:30 PM

Congrats to the Deviations, great week, and very nice scoring throughout to clinch the championship week 7 of 8.   So the question is, somewhat anticlimatic, but not meant to be sarcastic..........who will be first loser, the bridesmaid, runner-up, out of the real money, never to be remembered again, LOL!

• mongo441
    412 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 5:50 AM

Yes congrats to the Deviations for stellar play all tournament.  To be the best you have to beat the best and you did so in great fashion.  Yes the last week has potential to be anticlimatic, but I'm not so sure. I think alot of the players in the CCs that played have alot of pride. Hell even, some even caused a little drama and controversy. Perhaps this final week will bring out some clubs to pull out all the stops to further their position in the ranks, we have seen it before. None-the-less, the tournament has been fun and if their is another tournament of this magnitude I'm certain that it will be even a greater success than this 1 and hopefully much less drama.

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 5:16 AM

Well its been fun, Lou. Really a great format for getting a lot of participation from Club Members. Congrats to Devs for a consistent display of very good scoring and a nice effort from Elite to lock-up 2nd.  Really all the clubs showed really great efforts and displayed some top notch talent.

Thanks for hosting this event!!!!!!!!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 7:26 AM

Thank you Lisa03 --- and all of the rest of you who have been so kind with the accolades.   These are hard to put together.   But I think the result was what we were hoping ... it gave a lot of folks an opportunity to contribute to their clubs success.  In our club alone --- 39 of our 48 eligible players participated and 27 of them had scores that counted in the team totals.   That's great.

Just a bit of math for you .. we had 9 clubs participate .. if the tournament was restricted to the top 10 from each club playing each week ... that would be 90 players participating. 

We have had 236 players contribute as part of the top 10 scoring through week 7.   My estimate is we've had over 500 people play these weekly tournaments as a result.   That's a ton of country club participation.    I'm not sure there's been anything of this scale done to date in a WGT member based tournament.

On behalf of all the Deviations ... we thank you all for participating.   Every week was close ... and this last week is going to be the closest of all.    

Everything is updated as of 10:00 AM Wednesday Morning.    Click Here

Thanks one more time.

Lou

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 8:43 AM

lvietri:
    We have had 236 players contribute as part of the top 10 scoring through week 7.   My estimate is we've had over 500 people play these weekly tournaments as a result.   That's a ton of country club participation

What if a certain number of the top scores were scratched, say 5, in a variation of this great effort? Do you think that would make those meh rounds mean something different, not to mention grabbing players that wouldn't usually play?

RSS