Forums

Help › Forums

Dev's present a country club challenge - Week 5 and on

Wed, Oct 26 2011 9:51 AM (98 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 9:13 AM

It's been great fun Lou, and thanks for letting us in.

I'll tell ya, it's the first time since I was a Master, I bet, that I played and finished this many 18 hole single plays in a row.

Well run tourney and congrats to the top teams, thanks again.

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:35 AM

Great tourney Lou! Lot of work here but was a lot of fun. Sort of rejuvenated transgressional... Thanks again. And we saved the best for last. We might actually have a shot at winning this week =)

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 12:09 PM

I'm piling on with the kudos for Lou. Great fun. Even though I never had a good round the whole tournament!

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 12:33 PM

Thank you Lou,for your time,patients and amazing stats,You are well respected by everyone in Electra:) and are welcome to drop by any time for a gourmet meal,:)  ( i wil get Jayme to cook it)

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 6:23 AM

Thanks Boys and Girls but .. enough atta boys .. let's get down to business this week.

As of 9:00 AM Eastern time - these are the closest scores we've had for any week.

1. We have Transgressional and Electra tied for1st
    2. Deviations is 1 point up on Electra for 3rd - (just 7 points back of the leaders)
    3. Italian CC and English Lakes are tied for 5th
    4. Yellow Brick Road and Cosa Nostra are tied for 7th
    5. Norman Webb is still hanging in there

Try to urge all of your members to play ... this is definitely a week where the 10th best score in your club is worth as much as the 1st place score.

Good Luck with 4 days left :) ... Lou

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 10:19 AM

Stellar effort as always Lou. Despite the odd challenge along the way, you always manage to run a tight ship. Great stats work as well!

• TarheelsRule
    5,492 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 10:53 AM

Great job as always Lou.  This isn't easy to do and you made it look easy and were the perfect impartial host of the tourney.

Look forward to another of these before too long and hopefully I can do more than give our better players something to laugh at.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 1:22 PM

Wow! Who is going to pull off - 3rd Place overall. Will it be Transgressional CC, a cc that has battled every step of the way sitting @ 45 points, or will it be Electra sitting @ 46 points with both cc's tied at 559 in the last week of play. Did someone mention anticlimactic? I beg to differ. Honestly...both clubs have a fair chance..Very cool ending... edge...

I forgot the Thank you's...lol

Speaking on behalf of The Elite CC...Thank you to"everyone" for coming out and being a part of this historic event. We also want to thank the Deviation CC for a couple "eye opening" experiences.We have a few good markers from this tournament. 

And of course....Congratulation Deviation CC. Well earned. edge...

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 5:58 AM

UPDATE !!!!

Nice job to Courtney01 from Electra who's 58 pulled Elite ahead of Transgressional by 1 point in the race for 1st place.   But don't count out Deviations and Elite yet .. they still have a few big guns who may go low low low.

Also Norman Webb knocked 6 points off their score with a 60 by DaneFenton and a 64 by Hef111 as they try to climb out of the cellar and are now only 5 points behind both Cosa Nostra and YellowBrickRoad while in the middle of the pack English Lakes and the Italian Country Club continue the battle for 5th/6th ...

Click here ------ for the full update as this 2 month tournament only has 3 days left until it's over.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 6:16 AM

You have your clubs mixed up Lou and it's a bit confusing. Electra is Elite a few posts back and Elite is Electra in the last post. 

RSS