Forums

Help › Forums

Special Update: Putting Grid!

Sat, Jan 30 2021 3:01 PM (52 replies)
  • Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2020 5:40 AM

Four months of playing PCEA and actually my putting has improved so I wont even look at the faster dots that the Classic provides.

When will we get true cross platform play that is the Big question

• adrob2
    591 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2020 7:13 AM

Great news Champ, thanks for working on this for us!!

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2020 8:42 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can play and putt the game now and keep the remaining strands of hair I have left and no more pull them out trying to putt that game. 

wedge

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2020 11:57 AM

The new Classic putting grid option is one of the best enhancements you've made to the PC app.  I played an AS game last night with 3 other players who are starting to make the transition from Flash, and feedback on this option from all 3 was very positive.  Thank you very much for doing this.

• gilly2017
    1,030 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2020 6:41 PM

Awesome !!  Just found the 'classic' putting grid and I think you've saved me from pulling my hair out ... and I'm not young anymore with a full head of hair..LOL... I THANKYOU for that!! Now I can get that 'huge' distance box out of the way when I lock the grid. 

Now that I have you, I just purchased the 'note book' and had quite afew notes. I dont have it in the new version and I'm nervous that I wont get it back. The notes arent a big deal, but the 500 credits are. If I cant get the book back.. I would hope I could at least get my 500 credits back. Just asking... :))  Thankyou so much... Ross

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2020 12:18 AM

Everything is so slow now. It takes forever to load the NV on my mac, and even longer to get into tournaments. Once you do get in, all the bracket tournaments are gone. And when you're in a game and you try to look at another players stats, it times out before it even loads. 

• leewebb
    48 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 9:47 AM

ok, thanks to this thread I now understand classic vs standard.... I couldn't 'SEE' a difference but now I know there is one.

I changed to classic after becoming frustrated with my putting and thinking it's cos it's the new version and my timing is not as good as the flash version, and lo and behold, I started nailing putts.

I still have a problem with the aim marker mentioned earlier in the thread. It's too big. I fond it worse on short putts cos it obscures most of the putt. Couldn't it be to the side with just a connecting line?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 10:36 AM

leewebb:
    I still have a problem with the aim marker mentioned earlier in the thread. It's too big. I fond it worse on short putts cos it obscures most of the putt. Couldn't it be to the side with just a connecting line?

It's OK in the front view but really wipes out the back view. The fix is to hit the "V" on your keyboard and it goes away. You can't aim that way, though, but you can putt in reverse now.  :-)

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 11:02 AM

YankeeJim:

It's OK in the front view but really wipes out the back view. The fix is to hit the "V" on your keyboard and it goes away. You can't aim that way, though, but you can putt in reverse now.  :-)

So stupid not to leave the anchor in place so you can still drag the aiming line... don't understand that... 

RSS