Help › Forums

Special Update: Putting Grid!

Sat, Jan 30 2021 3:01 PM (52 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2020 4:17 PM

gerryniswonger:

"In your game settings you will soon have a new option."

I can't seem to find "Settings".  Where is it?

Bottom right on the game screen next to EXIT. You can also click in the top left-those 3 dots next to your name-and get more settings.

Don't go looking for what Champion was referring to, that's not out yet.

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 6:06 AM

Champion :

Thanks so much for the "Classic" putting feature to match Flash.

BEAUTIFUL.... I still won't make them all but at least I recognize more of the break I am looking at now.  Much better for me on my computer.  Will take a little while to adjust back to Classic but I welcome the opportunity.

Appreciate the updates and effort that goes into making them happen.

Well Done,

Michael

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 6:42 AM
    The difference is like night and day. At last wgt, well done. If wgt focus more on the gameplay and forget for a couple of months all the mumbo jumbo stuff, the result will be really excellent. Next stop banning the road sign and enable cameras on mps/alt games. However, my 2 hidden desires are: A transparent chat box and a on/off button for shot pal.
  • KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 11:21 AM

WoW..

Just tried EA..

LOVING the new changes..

looks great.

THANKS Champ and WGT

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 1:55 PM

KenBTEXAS:

WoW..

Just tried EA..

LOVING the new changes..

Me too and the simple dot change to the Flash version made a huge difference. Putting just got manageable. :-)

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 5:02 PM

I set up both modes on my 60 Hz monitor to best get the recommended 60 FPS. I set out for the putting green and chose Medium. In order to have the closest to the same putt in both, I clicked on the top of the flagstick. A bit of fiddling with the aim, It looked like the putts were within an inch of each other.
    I compared each dot grid by grid. They appeared to be incredibly close. But I thought why not let the game tell a tale. Leaving the aimer in the center of the hole, I did Putt preview on both. It took a while to get two dings from the minimum suggested putting power setting. Here's the result.

Though much closer I'm still thinking not quite there. 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 5:24 PM

JimbeauC:
    Though much closer I'm still thinking not quite there.

???????
    The option does not change the actual slope or topography of the green, it mearly changes the speed at which the dots move. The issue was that the dots in Flash move 2 times the speed of PCEA (for the same slope) so players changing over to PCEA were misreading their slopes as it looked much less than it actually was as the dots moved at half speed.

if you hit the same putt in both modes (Standard/Classic) from the same spot on the same green they will obviously go to almost the exact same spot because it’s the exact same shot.  

if you go to the Hard green have a look at a spot with a more exaggerated slope. When you switch between the two options the dot should be moving across 1 grid square in half the time between the two options 

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2020 3:55 AM

Click on the one to the right that looks like a GEAR just next to Exit.

That is the settings and once the settings page loads look to the left side and down toward the bottom and you will see Grid and you can choose between Standard or Classic.

Standard is what PCEA has always used.

Classic is the new one with dots more like Flash

RSS