Help › Forums

Flash EOL FAQ

Sat, Jan 2 2021 1:32 PM (120 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,909 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2020 5:27 PM

YankeeJim:
    Harmless game files.

Correct.  Harmless, and in fact, necessary for game play.

YankeeJim:
    WGT's not about to install anything that would let enterprising hackers modify stuff and cheat.   :-)

Let's hope not.  Hopefully, WGT has engineered their code to do some checks against outside tampering.  Their Registry entries, however, can easily be modified using the Registry Editor built into Windows.  (In fact, that's how I solved an early problem with the PCEA display a few months ago.)  

• GBP1705
    2,607 Posts
    Sat, Oct 10 2020 11:04 AM

On the app when I set up a Match Play game I get this from my opponent and my opponent gets the same when they set, any advice ? 

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sat, Oct 10 2020 2:13 PM

GBP1705:

On the app when I set up a Match Play game I get this from my opponent and my opponent gets the same when they set, any advice ? 

The country flag (  ) perhaps the issue? 

I know I couldn't play challenge mode for credits in the past with the same flag, but thought the issue had since been resolved.

• Gepetto1958
    4,228 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2020 4:51 AM

I can open and navigate the WGT Launcher. But when I come to play, my avatar does not appear and I have spots on the screen that prevent me from seeing the fairway and the green. What to do?

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2020 7:27 AM

I have a friend that plays Flash on the Linux OS .  Can anyone tell me if EA can be played or downloaded on Linux ?

• nolan60
    176 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2020 8:42 AM

CEverett12:

I have a friend that plays Flash on the Linux OS .  Can anyone tell me if EA can be played or downloaded on Linux ?

Yes you can i play it on 2 systems ... Steam for Linux and also in wine ... you can also install an Android Operating system which works very well for the Mobile version ( which i play as well)

nolan

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2020 8:51 AM

nolan60:

CEverett12:

Yes you can i play it on 2 systems ... Steam for Linux and also in wine ... you can also install an Android Operating system which works very well for the Mobile version ( which i play as well)

nolan

Thank you nolan

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2020 10:07 AM

CEverett12:

Someone just posted about that in these forums. I have windows, so I dismissed it

• JDGHOST
    6,793 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2020 9:20 PM

cappiest:
    Well the end is near. I searched long and hard to find a replacement game for WGT. I am very happy with my new golf game , but i definitely will miss WGT. The people and my CC mates especially. Trying to play a few games here and there before the transition and say good bye to some good friends. Thanks for everything WGT over the years, it was a good roll for sure. Crazy when you think about it....been playing this game for 11 years. Cheers all and take care of yourselves especially in these uncertain times. Trevor

Take care Trevor ...Unfortunately you are one of MANY that will be leaving WGT come Dec 29th....

JD

• callaghan159
    6,226 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2020 4:47 AM

JDGHOST:
    I am very happy with my new golf game

What is the new game you are playing now?

JDGHOST:
    Unfortunately you are one of MANY that will be leaving WGT come Dec 29th....

Many say they will be leaving, but how many of those that say it, will actually leave. I myself will be giving it a honest try. My club is a small and laid back club and some say they are leaving. If this happens I might be looking for a new club. There could be many others looking for new clubs also. JMO. Cheers.

RSS