Help › Forums

Flash EOL FAQ

Sat, Jan 2 2021 1:32 PM (120 replies)
  • BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 8:06 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

It looks like PCEA will be the main thing

At least until it stops being early access at which point mobile and Steam could be the only choices. WGT is a business in the business of lowering their overhead and might just view three options for the same game as a waste of resources.  Or. . .

It could make sense that WGT had to make concessions to the boys at Steam to get their game on that platform as a "freebie."  One of those concessions could be that when the game is in its ready for prime time version, then WGT would have to drop the standalone version of the game in order to force more people over to Steam that want the game. This would give more WGT goodies money to Steam since the standalone version of the game would no longer exist which gave all the money it generated exclusively to WGT.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 11:01 PM

@BogeyOne

Very good point there. We'll just have to sit and see what happens and how this evolves.

• Slimjim001
    1,025 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2020 5:01 AM

My understanding is that PCEA is a temporary launcher which I assume will go away on December 29th. I doubt that Steam would have picked up WGT as a free game unless they had an excllusive on it...but like you say, we'll see.

• AndyJames123
    77 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2020 5:10 AM

borntobesting:

Connorjwebb123:
    CEverett12:

This is in the way , Can not read the break .

Then move it... ;)

You don't have to move it. Just tap the v on  your keyboard and it is gone. They added that last week in the last update..

but when you tap on the v button you cant then move the cursor!!!!

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2020 10:18 AM

AceHoler26:

Question to anyone who has an answer.  I downloaded the Early Version when it was available from WGT.  Is that the version I would continue to use after Dec 29 or is there an updated version that I have to download ?

PCEA has been updated many times. When you open the game if there is an update available the game will download and install it before loading, Just load the game and the updates should download and install. But if you haven't played it in a while it may take quite some time to download and install all the updates, 

• Whoop
    705 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2020 11:39 AM

When you say "PC versions of the game." ... WHAT does that mean?

If it means that I have to  download  something to the computer, then it will be "Nice Knowing you all for over a decade" because I cannot be downloading any programs/software..

All the Best,

Whoop

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2020 11:56 AM

Whoop:
    If it means that I have to  download  something to the computer, then it will be "Nice Knowing you all for over a decade" because I cannot be downloading any programs/software..

It's no different than what you're "downloading" now-the same thing you get every time you play- game and profile files. The only thing "installed" on your computer are cookies if you allow them.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2020 12:15 PM

YankeeJim:
    It's no different than what you're "downloading" now-the same thing you get every time you play- game and profile files. The only thing "installed" on your computer are cookies if you allow them.

It is different, actually.  The PC app installs many files on your computer (in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Topgolf directory) as well as many Registry entries.  You'll also see WGT Golf and WGT Launcher listed as installed programs in Control Panel.

The PC app doesn't install any cookies, because it doesn't run in a browser.  Your game settings in the PC app are stored in Registry entries.

• TimK560
    45 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2020 12:46 PM

Good thing it does not break then. lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2020 4:39 PM

SamSpayed:
    t is different, actually.  The PC app installs many files on your computer (in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Topgolf directory) as well as many Registry entries.  You'll also see WGT Golf and WGT Launcher listed as installed programs in Control Panel.

Harmless game files. WGT's not about to install anything that would let enterprising hackers modify stuff and cheat.   :-)

RSS