Flash EOL FAQ

Sat, Jan 2 2021 1:32 PM (120 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,794 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2020 5:02 AM

callaghan159:

JDGHOST:
    I am very happy with my new golf game

What is the new game you are playing now?

JDGHOST:
    Unfortunately you are one of MANY that will be leaving WGT come Dec 29th....

Many say they will be leaving, but how many of those that say it, will actually leave. I myself will be giving it a honest try. My club is a small and laid back club and some say they are leaving. If this happens I might be looking for a new club. There could be many others looking for new clubs also. JMO. Cheers.

I was misquoted here as I didn't say "I am very happy with my new golf Game" that was what Trevor said 

But that being said I am giving PCEA a real try at this point .....But I know  more players than I care to mention that ARE definitely leaving ....I have even "switched sides" you could say and have tried to convince these friends to at least give PCEA a try... If for no other reason but the  comradery  and friendships we have all built? But it seems to be falling on deaf ears....

Many will abandon WGT...

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2020 6:04 AM

When I first tried the new version I was most upset. Then I lost my consecutive play bonus and decided to quit WGT entirely. That didn't work but what it did was give me a break from playing golf online.

When I found that I would not be able to play PGA Tour 2K21 on my current computer I was lured back to WGT. I made a big decision at that time that has made all the difference: I wouldn't play the Flash version.

With time off  and a renewed commitment to the game I have found that the new version is actually very playable as long as I don't touch the Flash version. This is the mistake that I think many players make; trying to switch between versions. So much of golf, both real and virtual, is based on habit. Playing the new version requires different habits from the Flash version. The people leaving don't seem to want to create a new set of habits in order to play the new version with the same fervor they had for WGT with Flash.

What these leavers have to face is that living with change means adapting. Coronavirus has done that to us in the real world. The new version of WGT has done that in the virtual world.

• callaghan159
    6,226 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2020 6:47 AM

HackWilson1930:
    the new version is actually very playable as long as I don't touch the Flash version. This is the mistake that I think many players make; trying to switch between versions.

This what I was doing, going back and forth between versions. It was making a mess with my game. I have stuck with flash until the end. Why, I dont know. Got to switch over sometime. Me thinks with all the update on being done in the new version it will take me a long time to figure things out as it seems some options are hidden in the game. Time will tell.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2020 11:06 AM

I don't know why so many people dislike the new version so much,  Doing a couple of things that Scott Hope recommended about resolution made it look even better than the flash game and the game play is exactly the same for me. And with the meter as smooth as it is, for many people it will probably be better than the flash game just for that reason. 

As they make more and more improvements it can only get better. 

• Robert1893
    7,676 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2020 11:19 AM

borntobesting:
    I don't know why so many people dislike the new version so much,

I'm thinking it's a combination of baby duck syndrome and people simply not liking change. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2020 11:32 AM

HackWilson1930:

So much of golf, both real and virtual, is based on habit. Playing the new version requires different habits from the Flash version. The people leaving don't seem to want to create a new set of habits in order to play the new version with the same fervor they had for WGT with Flash.

This is so true. I think one of the reasons I picked it up pretty quick was I purposely set things up different than how I had them with flash. All my habits were created as if learning a new game, yet I already had the edge of knowing how to play the game. 

With Whistler showing up in tournaments, I had the chance to play it with PCEA. I have had a couple rounds where the game froze and I had to restart using flash. I still played well with flash, but the visual difference on the greens was unreal. I had forgot what terrible graphics flash has when watching the ball roll on the green. It was like watching an old worn out VHS tape compared to hi-definition.

I would never want to go back to flash.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2020 5:58 AM

borntobesting:

I don't know why so many people dislike the new version so much,  Doing a couple of things that Scott Hope recommended about resolution made it look even better than the flash game and the game play is exactly the same for me. And with the meter as smooth as it is, for many people it will probably be better than the flash game just for that reason. 

As they make more and more improvements it can only get better. 

+1 I don't get it either.  The flash version is dead to me and won't miss it. 

• jenwren
    2,674 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2020 4:50 PM

I have put this question to a few people and we are all not sure.

I played the new version and the golf ball  I use ran out.  Said I had to buy more or use house balls.  I knew I had enough and sure enough went to old version to see I have plenty.

So when this all changes over do all the balls we have accumulated over time, do they come across as well or do we lose them or should be stop buying and use what we have.

Just curious.

Jenwren

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2020 5:07 PM

jenwren:

I have put this question to a few people and we are all not sure.

I played the new version and the golf ball  I use ran out.  Said I had to buy more or use house balls.  I knew I had enough and sure enough went to old version to see I have plenty.

So when this all changes over do all the balls we have accumulated over time, do they come across as well or do we lose them or should be stop buying and use what we have.

Just curious.

Jenwren

The message is just a warning about the 1 ball you are using. It is not an indication of how many you have left of that type. If you have more of that type, just ignore the message and it will continue with your next ball.

EDIT: And all of your balls you own are still there available to use.

• jenwren
    2,674 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2020 7:56 PM

No it doesn't as I was switched to house balls.

RSS