Forums

Help › Forums

Flash EOL FAQ

Sat, Jan 2 2021 1:32 PM (120 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 3:49 PM

Hi everyone.

I put together a short FAQ about the end of Flash announcement that I will continue to update as more questions come forward, and as we have answers to more of your questions.

When is the last day to play WGT on Flash?

The last day to play WGT on Flash is December 29.

Why is the Flash game going away?

Flash is going away because Adobe, the company that owns and operates Flash, is ending the service completely after December 31. Because of this, WGT on Flash will no longer be playable.

Why can’t I keep playing Flash anyway?

After Flash support ends, the way to continue using Flash content would be by installing outdated browsers and versions of the Flash plugin. These solutions may present security issues for a player since both Flash and web browsers update regularly to add improved user and system security.

Can I still play WGT Golf after December 29?

Yes. Players can continue playing WGT on their computer and mobile devices. You can download WGT Golf here.

Flash support ends on December 31, why is WGT ending early?

We know that no matter how we spread the news, some players are still going to miss it. We picked a date a few days early to make sure we had proper staff to support our players and community in the transition before the New Year’s holiday.  

What will happen to my WGT account?

Players will be able to log in and continue their WGT account on the mobile and PC versions of the game.

I play on Facebook, how do I log in to the new version of the game?

For Facebook players, we have created a way to add a password to your account so you can log in and continue playing.

You can do that by opening the game on Facebook at:  https://apps.facebook.com/wgtgolf/

When you open the game, you will be prompted to add an email and password. Once you complete the form, you can log in to other versions of the game with your username and password. 

If you have accidentally dismissed this form, it will prompt you again after about a day, or you can contact our support team for help. 

I purchased a Course Notebook, how can I continue using it after Flash ends?

We are working on bringing the course notebook to WGT on mobile and PC. We hope to have this in the game by the end of the year. For now, there is a browser version that you can use by following this link: https://m.wgt.com/notebook

I purchased an Avatar, how can I continue using it after Flash ends?

We are planning to release most of the Avatars from the Flash game as apparel items in the mobile/PC versions. When we release an outfit that you owned as an avatar in Flash, you will receive it for free. 

Will Uneven Lies come to the new WGT?

Yes, however we’re not sure exactly when yet. Unfortunately, we don’t expect to have Uneven Lies added to WGT on PC before the end of the year.  

Are the courses Whistler and Cabo Del Sol coming to the new version of WGT? 

Unfortunately, these courses will not be coming to the downloadable version of WGT, but you can play them without green fees from now until WGT on Flash ends on December 29. 

Will I still be able to use the WGT website and forums after December 29? 

Yes, the WGT website will stay up and you'll still be able to access the forums, player pages, club pages, etc.. 

WIll my replays be accessible after December 29? 

No. Unfortunately your flash replays will be lost. Even if we are able to add a replay feature to the PC or mobile versions of the game it likely will not play your flash replays properly. 

I would suggest using a screen recording tool, (OBS can help) to make a video recording of your replay that you can share on youtube or wherever you can upload video. 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 4:13 PM

Is it safe to assume that the website will continue to be maintained with the forums being available? 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 4:17 PM

Robert1893:

Is it safe to assume that the website will continue to be maintained with the forums being available? 

Yes.

_CHAMPION 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 4:20 PM

Thanks! 

• bbqdog61
    430 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 4:42 PM

Just tried to play Cabo and still getting charged the 40 credits....hoping that will chanhe soon!!!

Jeff

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 6:33 PM

Without Cabo & Whistler on the list of courses , Will we get any new courses ?

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 7:46 PM

I purchased a Stand Bag, how can I continue using it after Flash ends?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 7:59 PM

There you go, Champ & WGT! This is a kind of feedback we wanted from you guys. Bravo!

BTW, let me ask you this... Are you WGT officially "shutting down" the flash version on the doom day or "just hiding the link of it" like the way you guys did with Oakmont in the past? Depending on your reply, we need to decide whether we gotta hold Scott in captivity till then or not because we'll definitely need him in the latter case!

• RickinWaSt
    2,062 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 9:23 PM

The more I play the “EA” version the more I like it. However, there are updates that leave me wonder what we’re they thinking, 

Can someone explain why the putting green measurement box was reduced in the size to the point it is now an obstruction that has to be moved each time in reverse view?

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 10:31 PM

What OS does your computer version support.?

I just got a message saying my computer is not supported. I'm running windows 7.

Will I need to buy a new computer that has Windows 10 on it?

Any other requirements, such as amount of storage and memory, chip speed, memory speed, video card, chip manufacturer (Intel, AMD) ???

RSS