Forums

Help › Forums

*Announcement About WGT on Flash*

Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:44 PM (207 replies)
  • HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2020 11:59 PM

My opionion of the new WGT format:

I was not a fan of the new WGT, but  tonight I decided I am going to log in and figure things out, play with an open mind and then make a determination if it will be worth while switching over at the end of the year.   I did that and the answer is:   YES.  

It has some bugs and issues, but I think it will be okay.    I think people will learn to like it and hopefully any issues will get straightened out as time goes on. 

In many ways, its even better.   I like it.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2020 10:59 AM

HackWilson1930:

I find this interesting, but my billboard is TRANSPARENT in reverse. I AM able to see the dots. Perhaps this is what WGT had in mind from the start.

I wouldn't call it transparent, Opaque maybe but not transparent. I couldn't see the dots well at all. But I tap the v on my keyboard watch the dots then tap the v again to line up my putt, Then I tap the v again to take my putt. And truthfully with a few minor exceptions I am putting better on the new version than I ever did on flash, 

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2020 1:31 PM

HenryKawa:

My opionion of the new WGT format:

I was not a fan of the new WGT, but  tonight I decided I am going to log in and figure things out, play with an open mind and then make a determination if it will be worth while switching over at the end of the year.   I did that and the answer is:   YES.  

It has some bugs and issues, but I think it will be okay.    I think people will learn to like it and hopefully any issues will get straightened out as time goes on. 

In many ways, its even better.   I like it.

Went back to the NEW WGT format today and played a Solo Tournament, St. Andrews 18 holes.   I ended up -8 with 9 pars, 7 birdies, 1 Eagle and 1 Bogey (par putt hung over the hole).  Its not the best round but not bad for first full 18 hole game.   Once I get used to it, I think I can almost get back to the Henry Kawa everyone has grown to know and love.   lol.

• JDGHOST
    6,793 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2020 2:15 PM

borntobesting:
    I wouldn't call it transparent, Opaque maybe but not transparent. I couldn't see the dots well at all. But I tap the v on my keyboard watch the dots then tap the v again to line up my putt, Then I tap the v again to take my putt. And truthfully with a few minor exceptions I am putting better on the new version than I ever did on flash,

So it's tap tap tap putt?  Very user friendly 🤣

#JUSTCOPYTHEFLASHBILLBOARD!!!!!

What is the dam issue with shrinking the thing? Or at least raise it up like in forward  view....Gettin tired of beating this dead horse!

• SamSpayed
    4,909 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2020 3:00 PM

borntobesting:
    I wouldn't call it transparent, Opaque maybe but not transparent.

It's translucent.  You can see the dots through it, but just barely.

JDGHOST:
    What is the dam issue with shrinking the thing? Or at least raise it up like in forward view.

A couple other options for WGT to make this better:

1. Make it possible to still move the aim point once you hit the "v" button to hide the aimer box.

2. Add a user setting to specify the translucency % of the aimer box (0% = transparent to 100% = opaque).  Maybe a slider like the ones we have under Audio for the different volume settings.

• JDGHOST
    6,793 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2020 3:28 PM

SamSpayed:
    1. Make it possible to still move the aim point once you hit the "v" button to hide the aimer box.

That would work just fine....I don't even bother hitting V now because I can't move the aimer....

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2020 10:31 PM

SamSpayed:

2. Add a user setting to specify the translucency % of the aimer box (0% = transparent to 100% = opaque).  Maybe a slider like the ones we have under Audio for the different volume settings.

Sam it may be either transparent or translucent on some people's computers but it is neither on mine. Once the dot reaches the aimer on mine it simply disappears. Maybe it has something to do with dot color. it appears that the dot color on my PC is the same or almost the same color as the aimer box.(EDIT)

I have admit I was wrong, While playing now I can barely see the dots through the box, I was quite sleepy when I was playing earlier and that might have caused me not to be able to see the dots through the box. (EDIT)

After playing again tonight I don't think it is the box that is the problem. But rather the color and size of the numbers in the box. The box itself is translucent but the rather large white numbers are not translucent so you can see the dots until they pass under the numbers then you can't see them until they are past the numbers. So maybe just make the numbers smaller or translucent or both. 

I like both of your ideas. 

• Doc58
    6,370 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:00 AM

Would it be to much to ask for the ball to actually be sitting on the tee.

Also, when I click on the ball to enlarge it, more times than not, the pointer jumps to that location. When I try to move it, it sometimes activates the swing meter. This cost valuable time when you have a 45 second clock.

Am I doing something wrong, or are the rest of you having the same problem.

Doc

• ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:55 AM

Doc58:
    Also, when I click on the ball to enlarge it, more times than not, the pointer jumps to that location.

I have to double click to get the pointer to jump to the cursors location Doc. Are you double clicking on the ball to set the spin? If so, try a single click.

• Doc58
    6,370 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2020 11:18 AM

Thanks Scott. I've tried both. Single seems to work better.

RSS