Forums

Help › Forums

Hall Of Fame Tier

Wed, Sep 20 2023 6:55 AM (263 replies)
  • Miaski0
    88 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2020 11:32 AM

LuckySkreet:

FFS.......   it's just a virtual game.....             Has everyone gone completely "Covid Crazy'?

Do yourselves a favor........  get off your ass, turn off the screens......   get outside, breathe the air, admire the scenery.....walk and play 18  (the real deal).......

Looking forward to see the inductee's for the "Hall of Shame".........  and "Hall of Flame"......

Very well said. 

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2020 3:20 AM

Worth a read this thread .

World Golf Tour Hall of Fame: Realistic?

Sun, Sep 27 2009 11:19 AM (9 replies)

• gaoerfuqiu
      443 Posts
      Sat, Sep 26 2009 3:15 PM

Hello all you WGTers. I am interested in starting a World Golf Tour Hall of Fame. I think it would be a fun and interesting thing to do, and it would really make WGT more realistic and give players something more to shoot for. My idea for a voting system would be to have, once a month, a select committee to nominate any amout of people. Those people would be placed on a ballot and anyone on WGT may vote for up to ten players (and can only vote once). There could be a thread set aside just for campaigning for certain players. Each Hall of Famer would have its own WGT shrine on one thread with all their accomplishments. There could be an induction ceremony once a month using mIRC, inviting as many people as possible to come and honor the best virtual golfers alive. I think it would be a thrilling experience to start a Hall of Fame for the nominators, the electors, and the electees to be part of an unforgettable experience: being a part of the Hall of Fame. If there's good feedback then I'll start to coordinate this. If you know somebody who you think would be good for the Nomination Committee, please put his name down below and tell me why they'd be good. Best case scenario: nominations begin this week, elections begin October 1, electees announced October 15, and there'd be a huge amount of publicity, enough so that the first inductees will be overwhelmed with joy to be honored with being a Hall of Famer. I really would like to start this soon so please put your feedback or nominations or whatever down here as soon as possible so I can start the World Golf Tour Hall of Fame - the most exciting non-golfing experience ever in virtual golf.

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2020 3:26 AM

reply from tibbets .

My thought is that it's much too early for such a thing.  We're only a year into this, and it's still Beta.  The true "Hall of Famers" at this point need no recognition:  It's obvious who has stood out in the last year.

Maybe somewhere down the road after the game is more complete, and there's been some time for us all to operate under the same rules for awhile.

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2020 3:27 AM

reply from thunderbirds .

There is already a WGT Hall of Fame.  I will give you the link.  First 100 people to break a hundred on the CTH.  I am one of those members.  You can find it on the old blog..

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2020 3:31 AM

Good idea , just don't try to go overboard too quick or you will kill yourself and possibly everyone trying to read the thread..

I nominate pdb [ paul ] to take on the job .

Go on paul - I dare you .

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2020 3:33 AM

Hall of Fame, 

Introduce an Achievements thread with lots of statistics like "Lowest Round", "Most Birdies", "Most Community Tournaments Won", and scores more. There will be a Player of the Week/Month, Administrator of the Week/Month, and Rookie of the Week/Month. Anybody who hits a hole in one or any really spectacular shotis highly encouraged to post their replay on my profile, and I will put the replays on it too - if you can't save the replay because it was made in multiplayer mode, then I will need confirmation from at least one player in your group that you made the shot. Achievements, as it will now be called, will have recent community tournament winners, as well as links to tournaments allowing entries; and there will also be links to interesting on-going threads. It will advertise recent performances in WGT-sponsored tournaments. It will encourage people to check out mIRC, especially during Ryder Cup matches; and it will try to coordinate having match commentary for any community tournament or ladder match that the players would like to have commentary for. It may try to coordinate matches between high-level players. It may try to have a ranking system based solely on recent rounds played. But above all, it will record many statistics and honor those who are the best at them - and the best in virtual golf..

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2020 3:37 AM

Surprisingly he only got 9 replies .

Hall Of Fame Gifs Find Share On Giphy Basketball Hall Of Fame - LowGif

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2020 9:06 AM

pdb1:
    CHEERS to you . 14 pages of some interesting perspectives .

Exactly.

Personally, I'm shocked! Shocked to see discussion taking place on a discussion board. 

RSS