Forums

Help › Forums

Hall Of Fame Tier

Wed, Sep 20 2023 6:55 AM (263 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2020 11:47 AM

ct690911:
    I will still play with starter balls...they're just as round as the expensive ones. Only grief I get is sometimes my random p's won't play with me when they see them. They actually curse at me and leave the game...lol

Yes....you and those god darn rocks. Lol😂😂

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2020 6:58 PM

Ha .... Hall of Fame ...

Another hollow prestigious sounding title, just like the name  "legend"  when they dreamed it up ...

Designed to elicit oohs and ahs from some people ...

Let me see if I can further clarify things ... people are usually inducted into a "Hall Of Fame" after a lifetime, or really long time of service and accomplishment in some field ...

Hard to see how winning one yearly series qualifies one as worthy of that type of distinction, but it's wgt's call ...

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 11:36 AM

donsprintr:

Let me see if I can further clarify things ... people are usually inducted into a "Hall Of Fame" after a lifetime, or really long time of service and accomplishment in some field ...

Hard to see how winning one yearly series qualifies one as worthy of that type of distinction, but it's wgt's call

I am guessing that Young46's appointment to the Hall of Fame was based not only on his skills and accomplishments but also on his contributions to the game (e.g. his YouTube videos and his participation in some of WGT's broadcast events) and maybe even his popularity within the WGT community.  I don't think we'll see players appointed to the Hall of Fame in the future simply because they won a year-long tournament series that year.  But I could be wrong.  Like you said, it's WGT's call.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 1:56 PM

SamSpayed:

I am guessing that Young46's appointment to the Hall of Fame was based not only on his skills and accomplishments but also on his contributions to the game (e.g. his YouTube videos and his participation in some of WGT's broadcast events) and maybe even his popularity within the WGT community.  I don't think we'll see players appointed to the Hall of Fame in the future simply because they won a year-long tournament series that year.  But I could be wrong.  Like you said, it's WGT's call.

In which case he should have been preceded by other players well known to the community ... 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 4:12 PM

SamSpayed:

donsprintr:

Hard to see how winning one yearly series qualifies one as worthy of that type of distinction, but it's wgt's call

I'm amazed Mag's didn't get promoted. Jason is very deserving of that Title

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 6:03 PM

You people are missing the point entirely... which doesn't surprise me in this politically saturated world ... it's not about who qualifies for a Hall of Fame or what the qualifications are ...

The comment about Jason's appointment was merely an aside at the end.

Point being ... a WGT Hall of Fame Tier is silly just like "Legend" Tier was silly when they added it .... artificial and unnecessary ...

Go back and read my entire first post in context, and don't just respond to the bit you want to comment on ....

We could sit here and wrangle back and forth about who qualifies as a hall of famer or not ...

I say the tier is not needed ...

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2020 7:00 PM

Robert1893:
    At the present moment, it appears Young46 is the only one. 

Someone had to be elevated first.

Young46 is a fine player, but more importantly he provides WGT with excellent exposure through his social media streams.

Congratulations to him.

Nevertheless, Fmagnets is in a class of his own, and he does it with a middle of the range ball. 

RSS