Forums

Help › Forums

Name of original poster or responder

Tue, Dec 1 2020 5:51 AM (30 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2020 7:53 AM

It’s a shame the latest downtime has taken this information away from the forum posts. 
     There is someone who is making continual posts in forums , but we can’t now see it is him , unless we go into the posts. This person I do not believe is real , as it is not possible to block him from the name he is purporting to be , but I seem to think before the downtime his name was different when recorded as original poster to that being displayed when you go into the post.  

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2020 10:22 AM

PDB , think you mis understand me , I am talking about these forums where the name of the poster is no longer displayed . 

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2020 10:41 AM

What we did have...

What we have now...

• JDGHOST
    6,782 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2020 11:40 AM

Yup all posts are now missing names of posters ...Same for our CC forum as well ....

Lets mark this down as Bug # 1 after latest update.....What else we got??

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2020 9:56 PM

pdb1:
    Why we need the last poster showing I don't know . That was always a nuisance anyway if you accidentally clicked it . Got his profile . Click back . Didn't take you to his post .

I like to know who made the latest post because there are players that make useless posts (not you, Paul!) and I just avoid wasting the time.

Clicking on the player name anywhere in WGT always takes you to their profile - but clicking where it said "latest post" took you  to the post.

I think this is just another of the endless glitches introduced during downtimes to fix earlier glitches.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2020 11:15 AM

WGT doesn't seem to be in any kind of a rush to fix this issue, so I thought I would have a look at it.

I can get some names to appear by temporarily injecting some javascript into the page, but I can't tell if it will work for anyone else.

Anyway, if you know your way around your browsers developer tools and you would like to give this a try, feel free.

Navigate to this forum page...

https://www.wgt.com/forums/TopicsActive.aspx?ForumID=-1

....then open up your browsers developer tools (on that page), copy the code in blue below, paste it into your browsers dev tools console window and hit enter.
         If it works, the page should look like it did before with the last posters username on the page.
         It'll all disappear if you refresh the page though because injecting javascript this way is only temporary, and it's still a work in progress.

let lastPost = document.querySelectorAll(".ForumLastPost>a");lastPost.forEach(function(item){fetch(item.href).then(function(response){return response.text()}).then(function(html){let parser = new DOMParser();let doc = parser.parseFromString(html,"text/html");let userName = doc.querySelectorAll(".ForumPostList>li:last-child .ForumPostUserDisplayName>a")[0];item.innerText += " post by ";item.appendChild(userName);})})

Thank you.

RSS