Forums

Help › Forums

Name of original poster or responder

Tue, Dec 1 2020 5:51 AM (30 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2020 11:59 AM

ScottHope:

I can get some names to appear by temporarily injecting some javascript into the page, but I can't tell if it will work for anyone else.

Anyway, if you know your way around your browsers developers tools and you would like to give this a try, feel free.

Worked for me, Scott.  Just a note:  the refreshed page did show Latest post by xxxxxxxx, but that text was a single link to the latest post in the thread... it was not 2 links (one to the post itself and one to the poster's profile page).  

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2020 1:14 PM

Thank you for testing it Sam.

Yup, I was aware that the last post link is supposed to be two separate links, but it's still a W.I.P., so if it gets finished I'll hopefully get that sorted.
    Thanks again for trying it.  ; )

EDIT : Latest post text is now two links.

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2020 2:22 AM

I now have a working script which populates WGT's forum navigation pages with last poster usernames.

It doesn't insert the usernames as fast as it would if WGT did it, but then I don't have access to their database (thankfully), but the speed is I feel, acceptable.

To use the script you will need the browser extension Tampermonkey (linked to below), and once you have that installed, you can click on the script link (also linked to below), to get that installed into Tampermonkey.

Clicking the script link will open Tampermonkey's script install page where you can view the script and choose to install, by clicking the install button, or cancel the install, by clicking the cancel button.

The Tampermonkey extension puts an icon on your browsers toolbar from where you can switch the script on and off. I would advise switching the script off occasionally just to see if WGT have fixed this issue.

Tampermonkey.

Last Poster Username Script.

Thank you.

EDIT : One thing I have overlooked on this is it takes away the bold text on the threads you haven't viewed, so you won't know what you have and have not looked at. Looking into a solution.
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2020 4:32 AM

Thanks for all your efforts on this Scott

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2020 4:50 AM

Thank you Lesley. Not sure it'll help you as a mobile user, but unfortunately that's not a platform I have access to.

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 12:55 AM

Latest post usernames now showing again.

Thank you WGT, good job. ; )

EDIT : Very true Joe, but at least we got something back.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 1:30 AM

ScottHope:

Latest post usernames now showing again.

Thank you WGT, good job. ; )

There is a slight difference in this though. Before the September update the last poster was clickable now that the last poster is back it is not clickable. 

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2020 3:54 AM

Is anyone else seeing a difference between browsers on these forum pages?

Clickable usernames in Edge but not showing in Chrome.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2020 4:42 AM

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2020 6:07 AM

Morning Don,

Is the 'Latest Post By...' username clickable though?

RSS