*** Downtime tonight 7/28/20 ***

Thu, Aug 6 2020 12:32 PM (113 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 5:21 PM

craigswan:

who will have the last word is gone .

bet your all glad about that .

I have been looking my post on that from 6 years ago. I keep getting EMails for it🤣

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 6:04 PM

WGTChampion:

Meatless pig with lipstick is interesting. 

Anyway, some updates.

Let me try again, even though all hope is futile.

I and many others suggested back as long ago as 2013 that WGT take their update and put it on an isolated server for 24 hours before you deploy it.

WGT would pick the ~50 WGT players who all play on different browsers, editions of Windows or IOS giving them a heads up as to when they can try it out (giving them the link to the isolated server) and let them try it for awhile and see what may be broken.

In the past WGT's "reason" for rolling out stuff with errors was "well when we play tested it it worked fine."

This one just like many in the past proves you can no longer stand on that answer....

• JDGHOST
    6,784 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 8:31 PM

Good Job WGT & Champ!!...I logged out and back on and it seems as if everything is sorted out...

We (Myself included) are quick to criticize and bash WGT when these things happen  So...It's only fair to point out when things are addressed and corrected in such a timely matter as well...👍

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 9:19 PM

hardwick1:

The theft of intellectual property is even low for WGT.

Not all of those post and blogs were silly songs. Some were heartfelt messages to friends, some long gone aka dead. Some were profound statements of belief. 

WGT you have stolen that which was never yours.

Jill

Your use of the words "theft" and "stolen" strongly imply that you consider this to be a deliberate action on the part of WGT to remove content for their own use, whereas evidence and experience points to it being more of an aggravating but accidental mistake. 

And if you consider something to be "intellectual property" then perhaps you should copyright or patent it, not post it to a third-party's website where you have no right of ownership.

I understand that it's upsetting to see content suddenly vanish, especially if you have an emotional connection to it, but I think that calling it theft is an unfortunate accusation.

My expectation (and of course I'm only guessing and hoping) is that the missing content in forums and profile pages will be restored once the error is corrected, and based on the posts here from Champion they do seem to be working towards that end.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 12:12 AM

Things appear to be back to normal. Hope that goes for everything.

Thanks Champ.  ; )

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 12:54 AM

ScottHope:
    Things appear to be back to normal. Hope that goes for everything.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 3:34 AM

Thanks Champion for all you do.

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 6:22 AM

Hey Champion,

I might be mistaken, but I think this is also associated with the downtime 2 nights ago. After the downtime, I saw the "Aloha Shorts" in the pro shop. I purchased them from my lap top. (I play the PCEA new version). The photo below shows what they look like in my inventory. If I equip them, they are just grey pants and my game will freeze. I have to exit out of the game to unfreeze my game. Then the game will play fine, but if I try to go back into apparel, the game freezes again.

The only way to change them is from my android phone. On my android phone, they look the way they are suppose to and they don't seem to effect anything. 

I wrote to customer service about this, but for the first time ever, I did not get a reply. Have others reported this issue?

Brett

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 7:14 AM

There still seems to be a formatting issue on our club's home page. The 'Last Round' column of the Members List is out of alignment, as is the three-dot options column. This has led to each row being spaced twice as wide as usual.

It's not a huge deal, but it doesn't look good. I've tried it on four different browsers (Chrome, Vivaldi, Firefox and Edge) and the same issue is reproduced on all of them. Other country club pages down't seem to have the same problems when I visit them though, which is odd.

Does anyone see the formatting issue when they visit our club's page? Las Vegas Knights.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 7:18 AM

Wutpa:

There still seems to be a formatting issue on our club's home page. The 'Last Round' column of the Members List is out of alignment, as is the three-dot options column. This has led to each row being spaced twice as wide as usual.

It's not a huge deal, but it doesn't look good. I've tried it on four different browsers (Chrome, Vivaldi, Firefox and Edge) and the same issue is reproduced on all of them. Other country club pages down't seem to have the same problems when I visit them though, which is odd.

Does anyone see the formatting issue when they visit our club's page? Las Vegas Knights.

The Knights page looks normal. Like it used to look

RSS