Forums

These forums have many tips that newer players need to know . Tip 1

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 20 2020 11:51 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pdb1
    20,671 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 11:10 PM

For many many newer players . PC and Mobile . There are many tips that may not be in the FAQ's . That could be found in these forums . One of them is that playing 9 hole ranked rounds . Gives one the same value as playing 18 holes .

Tip 1

WGTShamWow:
    The score for 9 hole rounds is doubled to count towards your average

To put it simply . WGT has made it so that 9 hole rounds are scored as 18 holes . 

IE : 36 = 72 

9 holes is scored as 72 .

18 holes is scored as 72 .

So that it does not take 10 years to tier up . One gets the same credit for a 9 hole round as one does for 18 . Hence it only takes 5 years to tier up . Lol .

• pdb1
    20,671 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2020 8:50 PM

Tip 2

MATCH PLAY LOVERS .

Can lower their averages quickly enough by winning matches against players of a higher tier .

As it was the way I came up .  Every match play round that i played and won vs a higher tier . lowered my average right up through Tour Master . This benefit stops at the end of Tour Master , the beginning of Legend . I played ahellalot of Stroke Play as well .

Can be as much as 2 or 3 points toward ( lower ) your average .

There is a formula . of which we are not privy I do not think . That determines by how much as related to the difference in tier and the final score . And is an automated part of the program . So it will not stop until you reach Legend tier .

The point drop can be equivalent to 10 to 50 attempts of Stroke Play rounds as one tries to play rounds that end below ones average .

Most would prefer to tier up to legend within a couple years . Rather than 10 years .

WGT's  " secret " algorithm tiering process . Enables one to tier up as fast as he or she desires .

When WGT started there was no stroke play . ONLY MATCH PLAY . No averages . When the stroke play began . So did the ranked round averages . To be fair WGT created the bonus match play for beating a higher tier . Just so the fewer match play only players could have a way to improve their averages .

• pdb1
    20,671 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 1:35 PM

Tip 3 Completion

Game Completion %

and

Game Completion

Are 2 different animals .

FAQ

Multiplayer Game Completion Percentage

I see a colored ball with a checkmark in it on my account and other players in a multiplayer lobby. What is that?

The colored ball you see next to player names in multiplayer lobbies is their Multiplayer Game Completion Percentage. It represents the percentage of the time the player finishes a multiplayer game. Green represents excellent completion percentage, Yellow represent good completion and Orange represents below average completion. The value are determined by the player's last 100 multiplayer games.

As EVERYONE knows by now that the color of ones ball is personal consequence . Major contributing factors being high numbers of involuntary disconnects , server errors and unstable connections , etc .

It DOES NOT mean you are a quitter . No one thinks you are .

Completing Games

Game completion is only recorded in multiplayer rounds ( including match play and alt shot ) . Period .

Single player rounds are designed with a restart option available , also an end game with no consequence option . That is the whole idea of the single player round with the restart option is to play as many times as you like with out affecting your average or game completion in a negative way  (aside from completing with a bad score )( essentially not  hypothetically you can or could play until you better your last score and only that score will count ) .

Also another reason WGT leaves you green while playing these so you may have the option of exiting at any time . If for instance you were to get an invite . You accept the invite with no negative consequence whatsoever .

The exception to this is single play rounds . which do forfeit the match . And of course if you do not complete .  You wasted a pass . I was only commenting on the raising the average by not resuming a single player match . Which is not correct .

Now mister " never leave a game " Another very popular format here at WGT is the multiplayer stroke play matches . In these matches game completion is absolutely counted . As is not completed games . And a very big deal for a lot of people . And not so much for the bigger majority of players as there isn't any moral reason or legal reason to worry about it .

In fact . WGT already knows this and has made it an option in the game by providing the forfeit button . It is part of the game . It is a game . There are actually millions of legitimate reasons to exit a game , whether it be personal , medical , domestic , occupational , psychological  , comical , legal , spousal , fatherial , motherial , child related , irrational , unsportical , embarrassment , fear , even no reason at all . Are all legitimate and viable reasons to exit a game . happens all the time every minute of everyday . No reason to give it another thought . It is OK .

I don't mean to repeat myself but . I'm just sayin

More commonly ( for many , many WGTers ) . In all other types of matches unlimited play single player ( NOT SINGLE PLAY ) very big difference . In the menu WGT provides an option called restart . This option is available in all WGT and CC unlimited play single player rounds .

Since game completion is not and never has and never will be a concern in these matches simply not in the format . This restart option means that at any time during that round 1st , 2nd , 3rd , 4th , 5th , 6th , 7th  hole, etc , etc you can click that restart button . Restart your round and then play a couple holes click restart again and again and again as many times as you want until you get the score you like .

That will be the only round counted or recorded even if you restarted 100 times . The ranked round that you finish with will be the only one counted . No change in your average unless it is lower than your average . Of course if you are saturated nothing will happen if it is over your average .

This is why CC's are so good for honing your skills , lowering your average , moving up in tiers . You can control and minimize your unfavorable scores ( with out playing off the red tees ) . Just restart until you get the score you want . Lol blows you away what I am saying if you didn't know this or never thought of it that way . There is no forfeit or WD in these games and are what a majority of members spend their time in .

• pdb1
    20,671 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2020 5:02 PM

This is a tip about hosting an image . It is a suggestion to consider any benefits one could get from utilizing the editor with a built in image host . Found in my website .

This is not a promotion . I really do not care one way or another .

Image hosting is a breeze for me . I have a quick link bookmark to my website .

Click on any topic . Go to the bottom of the page to the " QUICK REPLY " .

Click " HOST AN IMAGE " . Then " Select Files " .

Select the image from your files .

Click OPEN. Copy and paste the top URL .

Paste it in the WGT editor . Then POST . That's it .

You can even insert the image there to test it first . And so much more .

That would be the way you would " host an image ".

If this seems like an easier process than what you are used to . You are welcome to use it .

Once one has signed into the website . It is theirs to utilize in any way they like .

These days . No one uses it at all . Besides myself .

There is so much there . Just seems a waste .

Personally I could care less . I DO NOT NEED members . This is just an offer to anyone who can find use of the place . To let you know . You are free to do so .

I will never bother you . But I will answer questions .

website

• pdb1
    20,671 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 12:10 AM

Here are a few classics . And some not .

How does WGT monitor New Accounts

Friends list

How do you type stuff into you notebook?

Need help with chipping distances

pay for new clubs and stuff

Putting Math (not for the faint of heart)

rental clubs

Players list in WGT commuity

THE CANADIAN VIEW EH

TOOK A LONG TIME FOR MY STUBBORN ...............

WGT Got This One Right

Where in the world is WGTdbloshoe???

METER SPEED

TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS ?

CHALK ANOTHER ONE UP FOR COURTENEY

CC IMPROVEMENTS ? IS ANY OF THIS TRUE ?

Christmas in July 2015

One for the number crunchers

How many CC's are there?

Help wanted...Santas needed, Christmas 2015

A Valentines message to ex-members of Every Day People

Icon & Shoe at TopGolf facility: Add your caption!

The 19th Hole HOLIDAY EDITION!

People! PEOPLE! CHANGE THE TOPIC HERE !

VEM "Virtual Equipment Module”

THERE HAS GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY

CC v CC Top 100

Christmas in July 2016

YOU GUYS ARE SURE GOOD AT WHAT YOU DO

.INTERESTING CLASH 27 RESULTS

To Ding or Not To Ding...That IS the Question

LET'S BE HONEST

DEM DAM DOTS DON'T DING

alosso ( 16,000 )

V E M !

LET'S BE (COMPLETELY) HONEST 2...OR PROBABLY NOT...

REJOICE THE EDIT BAR HAS BEEN RESTORED

9 SHADES OF GREY

Random act of kindness (A true story)

Putter precision tests - Now with irons!

2017- 12 Days of WGT's Holiday Give away

Putting, its killing me (slowly)

Reference of CC Levels and XPs

PDB1's (Paul) 20,000th Lifetime Post!

vol.2 Tekoma's Putting Techniques

VALLEY of the SUN C C ( is closed . thread stil active )

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

FLASH BENCHMARK TEST - How well does your computer run Flash?

Most Consecutive Days Played!

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Scott's tips

• Fartman56
    53 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 1:18 PM

I just want to know what thrill WGT gets out of *** me? The winds are 2 to 3 times more in the air. But to have a full 180 club on a 157 yard shot into a 12mph wind should never come up 30 yards short. So once again what thrill does WGT get out of *** me. You need to fix this wind *** you got going on. You have already lost 90% of your players, are you looking to lose the last 10%. And I have never been golfing where the winds are always strong, but here they are always strong. Do you not want a realistic game. And to all of you that want to put in a smart ass comment here I say *** you and everybody like you.

• Robert1893
    6,063 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 3:05 PM

@man of the fart

How would you feel if I decided to go with a "dumb ass" comment? 

Just curious. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    1,356 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 3:13 PM

pdb1:
    Here are a few classics . And some not .

Wow, that's quite a collection right there. I guess I won't be bored for a while. LOL

• pdb1
    20,671 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 3:25 PM

Simon . Here is a better list .

• pdb1
    20,671 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 3:37 PM

Fartman56:
    But to have a full 180 club on a 157 yard shot into a 12mph wind should never come up 30 yards short

Are you sure about that ?

Let's see . You average 1 round per week for 10 years . I guess you must know your stuff .

When I was playing . I averaged over 18 ranked rounds per week .Plus dozens of CTTH's , Blitzes , Alt Shot , Brackets , Custom courses , etc .

After a while . Coming up short happens less and less .

• PAGES
RSS