Help › Forums

My Xmas list

Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:29 PM (46 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 9:45 AM

Richard4168:
    TWO is a cartoon game

Both are cartoon games, or neither is. I've now extensively played both games to be able to tell. Have you extensively played both games to be able to judge? Hardly! The only difference I have found between WGT and TWO in terms of their "cartoon" nature is that it's even easier to cheat in TWO, regarding one's average score, than in WGT. TWO allows you to play from gold tees with no wind all the time, and counts each such round as part of the player's average score. So, a player's average score is basically a useless stat in TWO, while it is held in high esteem in WGT, although it's very easy to skew it here as well. TWO, though, offers some alternative metrics to measure a player's true playing skills, such as "career earnings" (in fictitious $).

When you, however, select difficult settings for a TWO round, the game is similarly difficult to play compared to WGT. Tibbets and I entered the same daily tournament over on TWO. He shot a -22, finishing third for the day. I shot a +8 in that same tournament, while no longer a beginner. Difficult pin placements can make all the difference, trust me. That's why we need variable pin placements here in WGT as well.

Richard4168:
    WGT isn't interested in competition

Who said so?    Every well-run business is interested in what their direct competition is doing. Such information is useful for them, helping them to improve their own product. If you wish to see this thread focus on WGT only, Richard, the first step towards doing so is not to post about TWO to this thread yourself. That sub-discussion was finished before you started it all over again. Here, again, is the link to another site where you can discuss that topic all you want: HERE.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 12:22 PM

Hey everybody I got an Idea, years ago a buddy of mine found a board game of golf. The course was made up of great holes from great courses, how about something like that on the Xmas list.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 12:23 PM

Faterson, You've been on WGT four months longer than me, and you only have 15 or 20 more ranked rounds than me. Your analysis of my membership, and my knowledge of this game is off. You need to define extensively. I don't have 1200 ranked rounds like tibbets, but I'm not a hack either.

All the things you speak about in your beloved TWO will be implemented in WGT someday, and when it is, WGT will be a far superior game then TWO, and when that day comes, you'll be raving about WGT like you do TWO.

I hope your not showing all this enthusiasm about TWO because tibbets plays there.

I'm done bickering with you over this subject Faterson. Your so called "Sub-discussion" about TWO winds up in every thread on WGT. I can count on both hands all the threads you, and some others have wrote about TWO. 

WGT blows away TWO. You have your opinion, and I got mine.

Peace to you my friend.  : ) 

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 12:57 PM

iukine:
    The course was made up of great holes from great courses, how about something like that on the Xmas list.

Given there are only 2 stroke-play courses for now here, WGT might really adopt that great suggestion made by someone in the forums months ago. Let us play rounds of random 9/18 holes from Bethpage & Kiawah! This should be relatively easy to set up from the software point of view.

Unlike the random 3 practice holes, I'd suggest not to disclose which random 9/18 holes were selected for the round, until you actually got around to playing them. You'd be on random hole 8, but still wouldn't know which hole from Bethpage or Kiawah would appear as the random 9th hole in that particular round. An easy hole? A difficult one? You'd have to play on, in order to find out.

Given the current lack of variety in terms of stroke-play courses on WGT.com, such random 9/18-hole rounds (combining, or not, Bethpage & Kiawah) might really help a lot in retaining people's interest in this game.   

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 1:48 PM

For Christmas .. how about a teaser ... 9 holes of St Andrews would be fabulous.  I mean .. when it was created it was only 12 holes -- we should be OK with 9.   

• JTxpress
    411 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 8:53 PM

Mines easy Santa, I'd like to see GI-SD balls.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 10:01 AM

Less than 12 hours later, you have them. Seem to be terribly expensive & will be spent very fast, though!

• JTxpress
    411 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 1:18 PM

WOW, that was quick. Maybe I SHOULD ask for a pony. :-)))

I do see a drop in the durabilty. bummer. plus they are over .39 cents apiece. ouch.

I also see they changed the default to unchecked on the email me replies box. YAY

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 4:20 PM

I'd like to see an 85-90 yard wedge with 1.5 meter speed & 2 dots of precision, forgiveness & spin. Perhaps a  52°  Snake Eyes 650PM Wedge.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 4:53 PM

How about the ability to move the ability to slide our golfers between the tee blocks to improve angles...just like we do in real golf

RSS