Forums

Help › Forums

My Xmas list

Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:29 PM (46 replies)
  • SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 4:00 AM

Faterson:
    But, SlashX, instead of hijacking this thread with off-topic outbursts, please go to the Ladder forums

Umm i think if anyone has hijacked this thread it was you. I dont know how you managed to get this thread on the subject of your latest greatest idea... but like so many other threads where you tell us how wonderful TWO is... you did.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 4:04 AM

As I said, please don't hijack this thread when there is a specific thread elsewhere to discuss this all. You can say that black is white 100 times, but that won't make it so. WGT and TWO are not "completely different games"; they are both online golf games, using very similar principles, and developed roughly to the same level of sophistication, which is why integrated ladder rankings for these 2 games would make perfect sense. (And there are others on that thread who agree with me.)

PS: Comparing the current status of WGT & TWO is still on-topic, which is all I did on page 1 of this thread, reacting to danohi50's remark. Discussing ladder mechanisms of another site on this site is definitely off-topic & doesn't belong here.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 4:25 AM

Tell you what... when you become a moderator on here then you can tell me what is and what isnt on topic ... until then... ehh nevermind.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 4:52 AM

Faterson:
    PS: Comparing the current status of WGT & TWO is still on-topic,

The topic was a Christmas wish list.

(more grains of salt going down..............)

YJ

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 5:00 AM

YankeeJim:
    The topic was a Christmas wish list.

And reacting to that, danohi50 sent a post commenting on what seems to him to be a diminishing number of WGT players. That is all still perfectly OK. Discussing another site's concerns on this site is out-of-bounds, though. (Trust me I have years of experience distinguishing between on-topic & off-topic because I get paid for it.)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 5:03 AM

Then you should have admonished danohi. The topic is Christmas wish list.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 5:13 AM

Danohi50's remarks are still sufficiently on-topic. The topic is Christmas wish-list, and it had long been implied to us we might get to experience the St. Andrews stroke-play course on WGT.com in 2009. Now that Thunderboltz published his screenshot, it looks like St. Andrews won't be released on WGT before Christmas. Danohi50 said that such delays might prompt users to leave WGT.com, and I confirmed that through my own experience, in that I've played more TWO than WGT lately.

Now we can hopefully return to discussing the topic at hand instead of meta-discussing technicalities, Jim.  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 6:39 AM

And hopefully as well we can leave your new found love of TWO out of this.

Last word................

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 9:01 AM

I'm surprised that no-one has asked for a pony yet....

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 9:07 AM

Faterson, as much as I like to agree with you, I have to agree with YJ on this one. TWO is a cartoon game, and his geared for a younger audience. I know your not going to agree with this assessment.

WGT is a game that appeals more to men, and women.

All I want for Christmas from WGT, is to stop hearing about TWO in these forums. WGT isn't interested in competition, or anything else associated with TWO, and if they are, I want to hear it for myself, just like a lot of other things that are written in these forums.  : )

Peace to all.   

RSS