Forums

Help › Forums

My Xmas list

Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:29 PM (46 replies)
  • mpgAAAA
    25 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 11:18 AM

I've only been playing here for a short while I realize some of these items are already on the "coming soon" or "roadmap" but here is a list of items I'm asking Santa to bring to the WGT.

1) Shot shaping

2) More courses open to stroke play

3) Practice Green

4) Driving Range

5) Practice on any course and hole allowing player to place ball (practice different lies or compare clubs or balls on the same shot)

6) Different pin placements

7) Allow credits to be transfered to friends

8) Test equipment (during practice allow testing of equipment to see if it is worth it before purchasing)

9) More options on the filter players (city, average between x and y, etc)

10) Player rankings with filters (how do I rank against all other pros in my state or city, etc)

Hope Santa is good to me this year...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 11:20 AM

Pro shop gift cards

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 11:23 AM

Hurray for number seven!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 1:21 PM

No. 2 & no. 6 seem to be near the top on most players' wish lists but it looks like we're not going to see either in 2009.  

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 1:29 PM

We can dream...what worries me? There are fewer and fewer players each day in the ladders room..my Ventrilo server, and showing up on my play list...Don't wait to long WGT...Your paying customers are starting to drop like flies...

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 2:27 PM

Faterson:
    No. 2 & no. 6 seem to be near the top on most players' wish lists but it looks like we're not going to see either in 2009.

So thou believes in the rumor spreadeth around? Hast thou subscribed to a first quarter debut of said St. Andrews stroke playeth course?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 5:00 PM

danohi50:
    There are fewer and fewer players each day in the ladders room.

I wouldn't say that. But over the last week, I've played maybe 85% of the time on TWO, and 15% on WGT. I've been arguing for the ladders site to accept TWO match results as well, so far without success. If you think that's a good idea, feel free to say so in this thread.

PS: Gao, a rumour is a rumour until it is confirmed by evidence. It took Thunderboltz 2 or 3 weeks to produce the evidence, but that evidence seems pretty clear. It makes it rather doubtful whether we'll get to see St. Andrews here in 2009. I've now played several St. Andrews rounds over at TWO, and the final hole 18 there, with the "medium" pin setting, seems as daunting as Bethpage 15 here. St. Andrews's chief distinction probably won't be its visual appeal but the 150+ft putts that one is sometimes forced to make there.

• mpgAAAA
    25 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 5:46 PM

What is TWO?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 5:56 PM

Cartoon golf, mpg. Hopefully it stays away from the ladders. (TigerWoodsOnline)

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 6:28 PM

Nonsense. TWO allows you to play from easiest tees under easiest conditions. But when you pick realistic conditions, it's as demanding as WGT. My score average at WGT & TWO is about the same, and I find both games similarly fun & challenging.

RSS