Forums

Help › Forums

My Xmas list

Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:29 PM (46 replies)
  • InterCad
    7 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 10:26 PM

Are there current plans to mark a ball on the greens while putting? This can be distracting while lining up to putt.

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2009 7:24 AM

YankeeJim:

Cartoon golf, mpg. Hopefully it stays away from the ladders. (TigerWoodsOnline)

Agreed Jim & I wish folks would quit advertising it here. You can't even get on the site unless you're one of the 'chosen few'. Sounds like it's got some advantages & many people rave about it, but imho ...if it's so great, drag your carcass there & stay off WGT. Maybe they'll fulfill everyone's Christmas list.

edit: Sorry for the rant, just get tired of the 10 daily threads about it. My bad.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2009 8:44 PM

Your bad indeed. Competition is a great & healthy thing, and the driving force behind improving things everywhere. By pointing out the advantages TWO offers compared to WGT, it is hoped this will inspire WGT to focus on eliminating their deficiencies. These mainly have to do with the lack of variety on WGT.com: only 2 stroke-play courses, no variable pin placements. An interesting facet of TWO is that an 18-hole foursome takes as much time to play there as a single-player round: 45 minutes or so. (They currently only have simultaneous play, and no turn-based play; I wish both WGT and TWO offered both modes to us.)

PS: TWO isn't for "the select few", but for anyone who requests an invitation. You will get it via email; the email can take a few days or weeks to arrive, so folks just need to be patient.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2009 9:34 PM

Faterson,

Im sure that TWO players will develope there own ladders shortly..

I think our ladder guy already has his hands full..

It would be a shame to see this community split in 2 so maybe a duel ladder could be ok  but thats not up to me.

My hours online for playing are different than your fatt, there is a hugh drop off of players  check between midnight and 4 in the morning PST...Even if im wrong, but i dont think so, WGT  simply needs to take a good look here...also there are less people to randomly play with  during those hours..

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 12:41 AM

danohi50:
    Im sure that TWO players will develope there own ladders shortly..

Not interested in separate ladders. Folks may go insane after joining 17 different segregated ladders & 348 tournaments.

danohi50:
    I think our ladder guy already has his hands full..

Allowing TWO match results to be posted to the ladder would require no extra work on anyone's part.

danohi50:
    It would be a shame to see this community split in 2 so maybe a duel ladder could be ok

There are no dual golf rankings in the real world, nor are there dual tennis rankings, etc. Yup, there are up to 5 simultaneous boxing "world champions", and that's exactly the situation I'd like the ladders to avoid.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 3:00 AM

If you play WGT sign up for a WGT ladder... if you play TWO sign up for a TWO ladder.     The idea of having a ladder for 2 different games is retarded. Think about this realistically... how can you climb a ranking ladder when there are people on it playing an entirely different game than the one you are playing??? Ladders are game specific Faterson. I know you will reply with an arguement about how this is such a wonderful idea... well it simply isn't. It's retarded.

This is by far the most ridiculous suggestion i have seen you post so far.

Think about it.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 3:19 AM

It's a superb idea, SlashX, whether you fail to capture it or not. Integration is the word, not segregation. You might just as well object to the world golf rankings because not everyone plays on the PGA Tour.

SLASHX:
    how can you climb a ranking ladder when there are people on it playing an entirely different game than the one you are playing???

It's not an "entirely different game". They are both golf games utilizing much the same principles. WGT will always be the default game, so that's the common ground you're asking about. Players could always freely choose whether they wish to play their ladder match on WGT, TWO, or both. If they couldn't agree, they'd only play it on WGT. It's all very clean & logical.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 3:37 AM

No actually it isnt. It's apples and oranges.

Ladders track win losses win % etc.  How in the world can you keep a level playing field in these tracked numbers when there are 2 different games being played by people? How can a guy who doesnt even play WGT but plays TWO end up ranked higher than someone on the WGT ladder by winning a TWO match? It's ridiculous... they are 2 different games.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 3:46 AM

SLASHX:
    How can a guy who doesnt even play WGT but plays TWO end up ranked higher than someone on the WGT ladder by winning a TWO match?

Very easily. That guy only needs to be ranked #2, for instance, while the #1 loses a different match and drops to #3. The TWO-only player would then rise to the top.

But, SlashX, instead of hijacking this thread with off-topic outbursts, please go to the Ladder forums to the thread specifically devoted to discussing this idea. I have already replied to all of your questions there, before you even asked them. TWO is not supposed to be on a 100% level playing field with WGT, because it's not a free game; it would only be an extension, an option for ladder participants. WGT's golf game would be the default game, because anyone can play golf on WGT.com for free. Similarly in the real world: not all players are allowed to participate in the PGA Tour or in the major tournaments, but that doesn't mean a unified world golf ranking makes no sense.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 3:57 AM

Faterson:
    Similarly in the real world: not all players are allowed to participate in the PGA Tour or in the major tournaments, but that doesn't mean a unified world golf ranking makes no sense.

But they are all playing the SAME GAME. In this case... since it isn't the SAME GAME being played... and i shouldnt have to explain why they arent the same game to you even though they are both golf... it isn't the same. It's apples and oranges. Two entirely different things... two entirely different games. Why not add golden tee golf to the ladder? And while you're at it how about just letting people play any golf game and be able to record it for ladder ranking? This is pointless... not going to waste my time. Hopefully someone in charge of the WGT ladder has some common sense and this "wonderful" idea of yours won't happen.

RSS