Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 9:28 AM
    largemouth51:

irzy:

PAULFINN52:

irzy:

Why does this game count? It was played after the round was over. Tmhawk11 made no attempt to play this after numerous wall posts to him while he was active.

Rules are rules but I guess not in this day and age.

it was discussed my friend that we would extend the round for teams to come in and give time for all games to be completed,

it would be unfair for any teams to go through or lose on this basis.

finny

Thanks for the explanation Paul. I was not aware that exceptions were made.

Cheers Irz

I think its unfair to teams that played within the set guidelines friended their opponents made every effort to contact and message back and forth scheduled and completed their matches on time

the deadline was extended to sunday because all teams hadnt been sent in............the match was played within the deadline
  • Trinbagoboy
    286 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 9:49 AM

TdotDoba:

Trinbagoboy:

Round 5 Group 2 Tie 6

Brookline CC vs Trans Bandits

Trans wins 4 and 3

Played Gustavo just a moment ago and I lost 4 and 3 he played a blinder on the back nine.

This was a hastily arranged game as he was a late replacement for an unavailable player and it turned out to be one of the best games I have had in both the world cups I have played in. Fantastic guy and great company all the way round it was definitely worth the wait.

He was 1 up at the turn both of us under par and he then birdied the next 5 holes to my 2 birdies and 3 pars hey presto 4 up with 4 to play we both had par on 15 and it was over.

I had a couple of lip outs but then so did he. \

His approach play was magnificent and my putting was great for a change.

All in all a good match with a fun guy who I know will become a good friend on here.

Thank you Gus and best of luck in the rest of the tournament to you Mickey and the Bandits

Robert aka Trinbagoboy

I love reading these reports Robert, you both turned what could have been a down game into something fun and met a new friend, vigorous golf clap and bow of respect to the both of you.

Cheers

Thank you Dotty and Mickey for the kind words.

For me to agree to a substitute was a no brainer as I have not won a match yet in two world cups and no way was my first win coming from a default.

A big shout out to Mickey, Foo and CarlosDev for all the support they gave to make this match possible.

A major hola amigo and muy bueno to my new friend Gustavo who got himself ready to play in mere hours. It was literally 6 hours from initial contact to tee off. Which for an unprepared player is great and to show up with his A game even more astounding.

Gustavo lives on the island of Tequila which I think is also called Isla Mujeres funnily enough ot is also in the Caribbean Sea just like my tiny island of Tobago. I plan to visit as soon as finances and Covid allows as my retirement dream is to buy a sea worthy launch and play pirates of the Carribean visiting stranger shore ha ha.

We had a great time playing and it was pretty even for the first nine but then his total game clicked and he was landing his approaches pin high and close. My game is not at that level yet but I tried to keep it tight.

It was a joy to watch and I found myself yelling out loud, to the television monitor, oh what a shot on many occasion ha ha.

I just want to say a huge thank you to all of you guys who once again are making this competition one of the highlights of any virtual golfers year.

Hasta Manaa (See You Tomorrow)

Robert aka Trinbagoboy

• doylerc
    1,154 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 10:09 AM

Robert what a truely classy guy you are

Doyler

• MyGime1
    83 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 8:58 PM

So nice to see the player who came second write up a report for the game, and have a glowing report for that game.

well competed both and a true gentleman Robert, by all means if you see my name on the site and need 1 more, don't hesitate

MyGime1 (Andy)

• Trinbagoboy
    286 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 10:51 PM

doylerc:

Robert what a truely classy guy you are

Doyler

Thank you Sir

The sentiment is returned to all in Transgressional.

Robert

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, May 17 2020 2:11 AM

The  world cup  2020

hey all

This is it, the knockout stages for the Cup/Plate.

I won’t bore you with group winners as we are all winners in this and dots already posted the matches anyway

What I will ask is can we complete all games, I know it’s the first to five wins and that’s it but it would be nice to meet another friend along the way and play what could be your last match this year.

Jay has asked to commentate on a match this round and  will be looking at matchups so maybe expect a call.

Right let’s  get on with it,

Last 16

17th May – 31st May

18 Holes Match Play

Chambers bay

RULES

No handicaps between tiers

Each match will be played to a win even into sudden death

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

I would suggest a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts, there’s no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between,

If both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Any team members giving advice on any shots/putts to another player on any chat forum and found out, the player and the adviser will be disqualified from the rest of the comp. 

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have problem contact your captain first and they will contact the other captain, I don’t really want to be involved unless I have to.

Ctth holes and prizes

last 16

17th May to 31st May

Chambers Bay

HOLE 1

PLAYER

2 SLEEVES

SECOND SHOT ON GREEN

HOLE 3

AMISZO

1 SLEEVE

HOLE 4

VENNA68

1 GOLF BAG

HOLE 7

PLAYER

1 SLEEVE

SECOND SHOT ON GREEN

HOLE 9

1IRONY

1 SLEEVE

HOLE 12

F1DGET

2 SLEEVES

TL AND LEGENDS ONLY

HOLE 15

KENBTEXAS

1 SLEEVe

gl all

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Sun, May 17 2020 2:23 AM

World Cupper's, your match ups for the Cup & Plate knockout round of 16 are posted

Have fun and enjoy.........

Cheers,

Dotty

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Sun, May 17 2020 2:52 AM

Excellent job, Finny , Dotty & Nigel + the side cast

Probably the best completion rate I have seen in 5 years. I would just like to take a minute to congratulate all teams involved. None more so than AMIGOS

Every year they participate, and their effort is to be commended. You should be proud of your guys Viv. I am sure the big fella is.

• TsunamiSaint
    885 Posts
    Sun, May 17 2020 6:16 AM

CUP Playoff: Last 16

Match 1 Tie # 6

The Cold Cut Combos v The Trans Pirates 

Player #36 Tsunamisaint (1UP) Def Player #378 MULLZA on 2nd extra hole.

Mark is an excellent player and went 3 up with a double eagle on 12 after birdie on 11 with a masterful 3W approach against the wind.

After an obligatory patch of WGT moments the game started to turn and I managed to crawl back to all square by 18. I had the momentum going into the extra holes and taking the left side fairway approach on #2 paid off with a birdie.

I hope we can remain friends and battle some more mate! Best wishes to you moving forward.

Sanj

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Sun, May 17 2020 6:49 AM

RSS