Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • Trinbagoboy
    286 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 6:56 AM

Brookline CC vs Indian Red Chiefs Plate Playoff 

Match 7

307 Trinbagoboy (Robert) vs 259 Mailman53 (Chuck)

Chuck won 6 and 5 (Indian Chiefs Win)

What can I say about this wonderful game except I brought my A game he brought his A+++

It was fairly even from tee to green but his astonishing and consistent approach play plus fantastic putting made all the difference. I think he made 7 or 8 birdies to be honest I lost count Ha Ha. When you play under par and still lose 6 and 5 you know you played a guy who is an exceptional player.

The game as always in the WC was played in great spirits with much banter.

Chuck is a true gentleman player who I hope to play time and time again. Thank you and congratulations on a brilliant win.

I played reasonably well, so am not feeling like I lost but more like you won Chuck. Patiently still awaiting my first world cup win but there is always manana (tomorrow).

Hopefully we can together again it was a real pleasure and great fun playing a game with you Chuck.

Best of luck moving forward good Sir

Robert aka Trinbagoboy

• RyanKCantrell
    225 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 8:17 AM

Playoff Match 5; Tie 6

Fourdeans def. Ryankcantrell 2&1

Very well played match

• reddog1965
    1,184 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 11:33 AM

Trinbagoboy:
    Brookline CC vs Indian Red Chiefs Plate Playoff

reddog1965 wins 1up vs BUCKLEW, very good match between us both with some good scrambling saves and excellent played shots. Well played Buck and good luck the rest of the way.

• DeanBarr
    515 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 12:12 PM

Playoff Match #1, Tie 1 .........DeanBarr vs MGB01.......          DeanBarr won 6 and 5 ........Got off to a hot start against Mickey, and held on through the match. We had an issue with the time zones but all that was figured out, and the game went off without a problem. Mickey is a class act, along with the rest of the Trans CC, and i have nothing but respect for all of them, as they were my home for awhile. Wish you guys the best in the next few rounds with us, and hope to play you again soon my friend.........  Dean

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 12:18 PM

had my ass handed to me on a platter tonight......dean is one class player always was......he came out guns blazing and i just couldnt keep up with him......missed some easy putts but really wouldnt have made any difference.......deano was on fire.......well done buddy and gl to josh and his very talented team going forward......regards mickey

• TomCarioca
    288 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 12:50 PM
    PLATE PLAYOFF: LAST 16
    MAY 17TH - MAY 31ST
    MATCH PLAY Chambers Bay
    Match 6 Fairway Fanatics B vs Shov's Muckers
    Tie# Player# Tier Tier Player# Tie#
    6 131 L+ TomCarioca  vs. Lubomir01 L+ 84 6

TomCarioca won 3 and 2

Nice match and a great sportsman! Thanks Lubo :)

• 1irony
    415 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 3:06 PM

Cup Playoff Round of 16 Match 6 Tie 1

136 1irony defeats 394 sonnymaxbo 2&1

Very close match with sonnymaxbo. I got off to a record-setting pathetic start (+1 thru 3), but managed to eagle 4 to turn the tide in my favor. My opponent put up a great fight the whole match and kept it close until the end.

Cheers,

Darren

• frenchconnect
    831 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 5:46 PM

Cup Playoff Last 16

frenchconnect wins 1up vs LLLlloyd88 after 22 holes

Trans Bandits vs SEL Haks

Match 3 Tie 2 #332 vs #416

We had a great battle. I dug myself a deep hole going 3 down early after just a few bad shots/holes. LLLlloyd was playing very well and making birdies, and deserved his nice lead. Fortunately for me, I was able to eventually turn things around and force extra holes. I had to make eagle on the final hole to get the win. Thank you for the match LLLlloyd, you are a gentleman and great company. I hope we put on a good show for the viewers. Best of luck and catch you later.

Jon

• pertyboy803psu
    68 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 6:28 PM

Plate Playoff

Brookline vs IndianRed

JBurleson6 wins 1up over pertyboy803psu

Started off with both of us making birdies consistently, and then I had a few ROUGH holes to make the turn at 3 DN. Started to make a comeback but JB is one hell of a putter. He made 2 consecutive putts from about 20ft on the final 2 holes to hold me off. Talk about clutch. Great match and well played JB. Hope the Twitch viewers enjoyed the match as well.

Cheers

Mike

• soliderock1
    1,550 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 7:38 PM

Cup Playoff  Match 2  Tie#8

Trans Raiders  V SEL Diablos

Christine67   wins over ttuna1234  on 21st hole

RSS