Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • MyGime1
    83 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2020 2:38 AM

Group2 match between MyGome1 and lzrgolfr won for the trans bandits

MyGime won 5 and 3 

Won my match 5 and 3 in a match that had me in front at the 1st hole, levelled after 5 but a pivotal point on 8 when in a win hole position my opponent managed to 3 putt gifting me the 8th back in front by 1 at the turn. I pulled further ahead at the 10th and never looked back from that point.  I played very solidly with 1 glitch at 5. Other than that it was just my day and not his on the approaches, with several gimme birdies spread across the round. This was the main difference between us, as we all know the greens at Olympic can be tough when not leaving the up hill putts.

My Opponent Larry was a very nice guy and a v good player, who happened to have a slightly off day, and in the last few holes was probably pushing a little too hard to close the gap between us.

v nice guy and a v good player on a slightly off day,,,see you again soon I hope Larry

Andy (mygime1)

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2020 3:16 AM

Iam posting on behalf. Moderation is killing peoples post as it is not getting approved.

Played on May 8th.

Group 2, Round 5, Tie #2

The Trans Pirates vs Brookline CC

387 MyGime1 won against 302 lzrgolfr 

And I quote 

"Won my match 5 and 3 in a match that had me in front at the 1st hole, levelled after 5 but a pivotal point on 8 when in a win hole position my opponent managed to 3 putt gifting me the 8th back in front by 1 at the turn. I pulled further ahead at the 10th and never looked back from that point.  I played very solidly with 1 glitch at 5. Other than that it was just my day and not his on the approaches, with several gimme birdies spread across the round. This was the main difference between us, as we all know the greens at Olympic can be tough when not leaving the up hill putts.

My Opponent Larry was a very nice guy and a v good player, who happened to have a slightly off day, and in the last few holes was probably pushing a little too hard to close the gap between us."

Tx vm

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2020 1:28 PM

TEAMS TO COME IN

INDIAN RED WARRIORS

INDIAN RED CHIEFS

BLACK DIAMOND

EAST COAST

SEL HAKS

SEL DIABLOS

FAIRWAY FANATICS C

FAIRWAY FANATICS B

FAIRWAY FANATICS A

DEW DUCK INN

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

SHOVS TWATS

SHOVS MUCKERS

SPL BOOBS AND BABES

GOLFOS UNIDOS CUB

THE TRANS BANDITS

HALF THE TEAMS STILL TO COME IN FFS

CMON CAPTAINS I HAVE EXTENDED THE ROUND FOR GAMES AND NEED TEAMS IN,THIS COMP CANT CARRY ON TILL I GET THEM.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2020 1:31 PM
    Group 2 TBR Titans v Fairway fanatics. Dazza501 (12) beats CricketCrampton (286) 6up
  • TSSparky72
    985 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2020 1:41 PM

Group 5, Round 5  Fairway Fanatics B vs SPL Boobs & Babes

TSSparky72 won 3 and 2 vs Maestrobertsch

It was a close match the whole way with me playing a bit better than normal, hit a few putts that normally do not fall.  Maestroertsch hit some great shots but the WGT putting god's were not helping one bit as he had more lip outs than he probably sees in a years time.  Fortunate to get a win over a quality player and good guy.  

• WUISENRIKE
    1,237 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2020 4:05 PM

after the round between GOLFOS UNIDOS CUB and the boys of SHOVS MUCKERS. after some minor problems (lol) we managed to finish this round with great satisfaction for the result, favorable to the gulfs, and we await with great joy the start of the next round.
    mralfsyrinx win 2 up his game and then in the ecambrils, which was 2 up in hole 7, saw how joemarker12 left the game and connection. we were waiting about 15 minutes to see if he returned but, neither that nor any message to ecambrils ... therefore we end the round with great joy for our teamwork.
    thank you all and good luck in the respective leagues you play, i also want to apologize and thank you, dotty, paul and also vivian, for the patience you have had reading my messages today which reflected, clearly, my mood in this situation we live with 3 of his players.
    what i said friends, poof poof and to the next round.
    Luis Enrique

• darek2
    1,874 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2020 4:23 PM

Won my match against Pennstate1. Was up 4 holes, had a melt down on the back side but finished 1 up. Very nice guy. He made a great come back and just fell short.

GROUP 2 MATCH 1 TIE# 4

JohnNorton0  - won -Trans Pirates

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 2:25 PM

QUICK UPDATE

WE HAVE 3 TEAMS LEFT TO COME IN BEFORE WE CAN START THE KNOCKOUT STAGES

HOPEFULLY HAVE THEM IN BY THE WEEKEND AND WE CAN GET THIS COMP GOING AGAIN.

WILL POST DATE TO START WHEN THEY ARE IN

FINNY

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 2:58 PM

Group 1, round 5, match 2, tie 7

Hackwilson1930 (#443) defeated hotmann26 (#281)    4 and 3  

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Fri, May 15 2020 12:38 AM

USUAL QUICK UPDTAE

ALL TEAMS WILL BE IN BY SUNDAY SO THE KNOCKOUT STAGES WILL START