Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • Trinbagoboy
    286 Posts
    Fri, May 15 2020 5:31 PM

Round 5 Group 2 Tie 6

Brookline CC vs Trans Bandits

Trans wins 4 and 3

Played Gustavo just a moment ago and I lost 4 and 3 he played a blinder on the back nine.

This was a hastily arranged game as he was a late replacement for an unavailable player and it turned out to be one of the best games I have had in both the world cups I have played in. Fantastic guy and great company all the way round it was definitely worth the wait.

He was 1 up at the turn both of us under par and he then birdied the next 5 holes to my 2 birdies and 3 pars hey presto 4 up with 4 to play we both had par on 15 and it was over.

I had a couple of lip outs but then so did he. \

His approach play was magnificent and my putting was great for a change.

All in all a good match with a fun guy who I know will become a good friend on here.

Thank you Gus and best of luck in the rest of the tournament to you Mickey and the Bandits

Robert aka Trinbagoboy

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 2:04 AM

Trinbagoboy:

Round 5 Group 2 Tie 6

Brookline CC vs Trans Bandits

Trans wins 4 and 3

Played Gustavo just a moment ago and I lost 4 and 3 he played a blinder on the back nine.

This was a hastily arranged game as he was a late replacement for an unavailable player and it turned out to be one of the best games I have had in both the world cups I have played in. Fantastic guy and great company all the way round it was definitely worth the wait.

He was 1 up at the turn both of us under par and he then birdied the next 5 holes to my 2 birdies and 3 pars hey presto 4 up with 4 to play we both had par on 15 and it was over.

I had a couple of lip outs but then so did he. \

His approach play was magnificent and my putting was great for a change.

All in all a good match with a fun guy who I know will become a good friend on here.

Thank you Gus and best of luck in the rest of the tournament to you Mickey and the Bandits

Robert aka Trinbagoboy

I love reading these reports Robert, you both turned what could have been a down game into something fun and met a new friend, vigorous golf clap and bow of respect to the both of you.

Cheers

• doylerc
    1,154 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 2:07 AM

Robert i watched the game and you and Gus both played really well and well done on getting the game done.100% agree with Dotty well done again 

Doyler

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 4:41 AM

well said dotty..............

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 6:50 AM

QUICK UPDAT

AS TEAMS ARE IN AND GROUPS DECIDED WE WILL COMMENCE WITH THE LAST 16 TOMORROW.

17TH MAY - 31ST MAY

EITHER ME OR DOTS WILL POST MATCHES AROUND MIDDAY UK TIME

GOOD LUCK ALL

FINNY

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 7:21 AM

Let's go Finnster! It's past Mid-Day UK time Matey!

LOL, Best of Luck to all in the Competition, been absolutely Brilliant this Year!

• irzy
    1,358 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 7:59 AM

Why does this game count? It was played after the round was over. Tmhawk11 made no attempt to play this after numerous wall posts to him while he was active.

Rules are rules but I guess not in this day and age.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 9:07 AM

irzy:

Why does this game count? It was played after the round was over. Tmhawk11 made no attempt to play this after numerous wall posts to him while he was active.

it was discussed my friend that we would extend the round for teams to come in and give time for all games to be completed,

it would be unfair for any teams to go through or lose on this basis.

finny

• irzy
    1,358 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 9:15 AM

PAULFINN52:

irzy:

it was discussed my friend that we would extend the round for teams to come in and give time for all games to be completed,

finny

Thanks for the explanation Paul. I was not aware that exceptions were made.

Cheers Irz

• largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 9:22 AM

irzy:

PAULFINN52:

irzy:

finny

Thanks for the explanation Paul. I was not aware that exceptions were made.

Cheers Irz

I think its unfair to teams that played within the set guidelines friended their opponents made every effort to contact and message back and forth scheduled and completed their matches on time

RSS