Scoring 52 is not a realistic score.

Wed, Jan 25 2023 10:23 PM (130 replies)
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 12:30 PM

skbob:
    i have got better things to do.

What like schmoking!

Lol, I used to play real golf and for a short spell played to scratch, held up a job, with my wife raised two girls, so I’m like you I had other things to do.

Some people want to play this for hours on end, some people go to the pub, every bodies got something to do.

So go roll a fat one! 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 1:24 PM

skbob:

Hi there,

playing the Etour on Wolf creek. At this moment the leader scored a 52..... how in the H*l is that possible. All scores below 65 must be cheats. Never in your life you are able to shoot 52 with 35mph wind and tour speed greens. Please do something about that.

First off, I take offense to being called a cheat, granted I may not be able to shoot my avg every time I play, but I got  there, the Smith Barney way, I earned it.   ( no cheating, but over thousands of rounds of playing.) in one of your posts here you said it's unrealistic, please define that.   Unrealistic,  a man named Doss, earning CMH as a medic never carrying or firing a shot,  unrealistic, but happened.   A man named Kyle, killing an enemy sniper at over a mile and half away, unrealistic, but happened, and the list goes on.  I find it funny, that for someone whom has a life, can find the time to come in here, waste his time, accusing people of cheating.  I can't beat a 52, but I sure have fun trying, he set a great standard and I thank him, for it. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 1:30 PM

Young46:

skbob:

Hi there,

playing the Etour on Wolf creek. At this moment the leader scored a 52..... how in the H*l is that possible. All scores below 65 must be cheats. Never in your life you are able to shoot 52 with 35mph wind and tour speed greens. Please do something about that.

I agree, anyone below 65 is clearly cheating!

HaHaHa, Maybe he should watch some of your videos, He would be amazed 

• Rebellion27
    27 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 3:25 AM

Funny stuff, got to love the "its not possible because i can't do it" logic. Ive been playing for 5 months and shot 59 after trying pretty hard at it. Get a grip.

• KRC37615
    4 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 7:45 AM

I agree.  I am a level 95 Legend and just struggled to shoot a 78 at Erin Hills with 13 greens, wind against me on the longest holes, hitting shots to within a couple of feet from the hole only to end up fifty feet away off the green and I see people scoring in the 50s.  I don't know how they cheat, but they apparently do.  Please WGT do something about it.  I've spent a lot of money on this game and am frustrated because apparently being honest doesn't cut it.  I stopped playing the game for over a year for the same reason.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 8:47 AM

KRC37615:

I agree.  I am a level 95 Legend and just struggled to shoot a 78 at Erin Hills with 13 greens, wind against me on the longest holes, hitting shots to within a couple of feet from the hole only to end up fifty feet away off the green and I see people scoring in the 50s.  I don't know how they cheat, but they apparently do.  Please WGT do something about it.  I've spent a lot of money on this game and am frustrated because apparently being honest doesn't cut it.  I stopped playing the game for over a year for the same reason.

Play your own game. The best players practice more than we play and the know all the contours of every green. In short, they know what part the green to hit to get the best results.

They are very good and they have put in the time to shoot those low scores.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 9:29 AM
    KRC37615:

legend with lvl 39 and 40 wedges......and you wonder why you cannot get near the pins........im tired ill let someone else explain it to you....
  • MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 10:06 AM

For all the people saying that the top players are cheating ... you need to pull your heads out of your arses!!!

Yesterday, with about 1 day left to qualify, I did a quick scan of the top 50 players in the Euro eTour standings. In the top 50 players;

• the LOWEST ranked player was a Level 94
    • there were 5 players who were between Levels 94 - 99  = 10% of top 50
    • there were 20 players who were Level 100 - 109  = 40% of the top 50
    • there were 25 players who were Level 110 or higher  = 50% of top 50
    So of the top 50 players 90% were Level 100 or greater and no one was below Level 94!!

Have you ever actually considered how many rounds and how much time is required to be put in playing to even get to triple digit Levels (100+) ??? And 110, 120 ... 160 !!!!
    Every subsequently higher level take exponentially longer than the last as the amount of XP points required increases. the first 70-80 levels go by pretty quickly in relative comparison.

So is it possible that what YOU call Cheating is in fact simply ... EXPERIENCE !!!
  • BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 10:40 AM

KRC37615:

I agree.  I am a level 95 Legend and just struggled to shoot a 78 at Erin Hills with 13 greens

You just need to learn how to play. It is obvious that you have no clue. There are many videos on YouTube, and lots of great advice in the forums. If you want to at least become a decent player, you need to figure things out. Whatever shot left you 50' off the green was the wrong one. Try something different.

KRC37615:

I've spent a lot of money on this game and am frustrated because apparently being honest doesn't cut it.

Spending "a lot" of money will not help you learn how to play.

KRC37615:

I stopped playing the game for over a year for the same reason.

I do not think that means what you think it means. lol

Seriously though, to you and anyone else that wants to be good, it is a simple formula. Just learn how to play. Blaming WGT or accusing others of cheating will not improve your game. Take responsibility for every bad shot you make, and try to figure out what YOU did wrong. The great players of this game show that you can do it. You just need to learn what they have learned. There are many good players who are more than willing to share their knowledge.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 11:19 AM
    MarchieB:

For all the people saying that the top players are cheating ... you need to pull your heads out of your arses!!!

Yesterday, with about 1 day left to qualify, I did a quick scan of the top 50 players in the Euro eTour standings. In the top 50 players;

• the LOWEST ranked player was a Level 94
    • there were 5 players who were between Levels 94 - 99  = 10% of top 50
    • there were 20 players who were Level 100 - 109  = 40% of the top 50
    • there were 25 players who were Level 110 or higher  = 50% of top 50
    So of the top 50 players 90% were Level 100 or greater and no one was below Level 94!!

Have you ever actually considered how many rounds and how much time is required to be put in playing to even get to triple digit Levels (100+) ??? And 110, 120 ... 160 !!!!
    Every subsequently higher level take exponentially longer than the last as the amount of XP points required increases. the first 70-80 levels go by pretty quickly in relative comparison.

So is it possible that what YOU call Cheating is in fact simply ... EXPERIENCE !!!
    you hit the nail on the head my friend......
RSS