Forums

Help › Forums

Scoring 52 is not a realistic score.

Wed, Jan 25 2023 10:23 PM (130 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 6:30 PM

andwhy67:

The 2nd place finisher Ujjbnjk has had a 49 in a previous round I think, and posted it on his profile page too!

A handful of eagles, and an ace in the same round, get your head round that!

Bet you wonder how he sleeps at night, cheating b@st4rd!!!!

We know its very possible for Ujjbnjk, Mags, Young46 and all of them. They constantly practice and study every hole and green on the course.

I say Kudos to them for great play.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 6:59 PM

@DNavarroSr

Of course, you’re correct. It’s just a game  Still, no one on here is spending their kid's inheritance on it. That rhetoric was unnecessary. 

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 7:38 AM

DonCaron:

andwhy67:

The 2nd place finisher Ujjbnjk has had a 49 in a previous round I think, and posted it on his profile page too!

A handful of eagles, and an ace in the same round, get your head round that!

Bet you wonder how he sleeps at night, cheating b@st4rd!!!!

We know its very possible for Ujjbnjk, Mags, Young46 and all of them. They constantly practice and study every hole and green on the course.

I say Kudos to them for great play.

People that say scoring a 52 or 49 is not realistic are correct.  This isn't real golf, but it also meant to be.  It's a game.  Within the construct of the game it is definitely realistic (although difficult).  You have to master every aspect of the game.  Know your yardages of each club and shot type, know how to play the wind, know how to play spin, know each green and hole location, and learn how to hit the ding 75% of the time.  And even then you still need to spend enough (or win enough credits) to buy top of the line equipment and balls.

Shooting a 49 on Oakmont is not realistic because nobody in real life can do that, but shooting a 49 on Oakmont on WGT is obviously possible.

• binkybaxter1
    1,556 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 7:55 AM
    i suppose the Saving Grace for 95% of players, is that now we just look at the board>>>"52 NO CHANCE".....lets all move along and find another single round game to play :)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 2:33 PM

binkybaxter1:
    i suppose the Saving Grace for 95% of players, is that now we just look at the board>>>"52 NO CHANCE".....lets all move along and find another single round game to play :)

Just a suggestion, concentrate on your own game. Those guys put in the time and earned those scores. Go to their blogs and you will see videos of rounds that they play live.

I know I can't shoot a 52 and does not mean I won't play it and try and finish as high as I can.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 2:38 PM

DonCaron:
    I know I can't shoot a 52 and does not mean I won't play it and try and finish as high as I can.

Hey, I have no problem shooting a 52.

But then WGT has the unreasonable expectation of one playing all 18 holes. It's just the last 4 or 5 holes that are killers for my score! ðŸ˜€

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 3:22 PM

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 3:23 PM

Robert1893:

DonCaron:

But then WGT has the unreasonable expectation of one playing all 18 holes. It's just the last 4 or 5 holes that are killers for my score! ðŸ˜€

well my lowest is a 57 and just think of the couple of putts I left short, or the aim point I changed at the last minute. Its not real life.....obviously but with the wind change on some holes, for example the 8th and 9th at St Andy’s where your play the 8th and the wind is behind you, the 9th the wind is in your face, they should be the same, the game I think in a way is designed more to play an individual hole at a time.

Which proves the point of the best can just adapt as needed.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 3:59 PM

andwhy67:

HaHa, I know what you mean

andwhy67:
    Which proves the point of the best can just adapt as needed.

Very True

RSS