Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Desktop Early Access for Mac

Sat, Nov 25 2023 10:05 AM (290 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,416 Posts
    Sat, Sep 30 2023 3:14 PM

mojocracker:
     It's dumbfounding to me why WGT does not make OS-specific builds available for older machines

It is much cheaper for WGT to provide you the privilege of buying new hardware than it is to write different operating systems - IMHO

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Sep 30 2023 3:53 PM

I hear ya. But at some point, someone will be left behind. And as operating systems become outdated, much fewer people use them. 

For example, only about 1.5% of Mac users are still using High Sierra. And when one considers Mac's overall market share of users that means only about 5 out of every 1,000 computer users are using High Sierra. 

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Mon, Oct 2 2023 8:55 AM

New laptops and desktops that run WGT are really cheap nowadays.  Plus you have the phone app.  Time to upgrade your hardware (for less than you can imagine).

• philippe50bali
    2 Posts
    Tue, Oct 3 2023 4:55 AM

same for me with a macbook pro late 2011, only music and a black screen

did you find a solution? Tx

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Oct 3 2023 6:41 AM

pmm711:

New laptops and desktops that run WGT are really cheap nowadays.  Plus you have the phone app.  Time to upgrade your hardware (for less than you can imagine).

Oh, the woes of having to update equipment.  Wait until the day comes that you need to run a display card to continue playing this game(and then the card will need to be replaced every so often as the game will no longer run on the older card.)  Running outdated OS's and hardware sometimes is not a good thing.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Oct 3 2023 6:48 AM

garyk49:
    Running outdated OS's and hardware sometimes is not a good thing.

This is an excellent point. I understand for many people upgrading equipment can be financially difficult. Nevertheless, it should not be too surprising to people that hardware more than 10 years old would eventually present challenges. 

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Oct 3 2023 10:34 AM

Robert1893:

garyk49:
    Running outdated OS's and hardware sometimes is not a good thing.

This is an excellent point. I understand for many people upgrading equipment can be financially difficult. Nevertheless, it should not be too surprising to people that hardware more than 10 years old would eventually present challenges. 

It doesn't cost that much, if you look in the right places, to replace a MB and CPU.  There are different ways to obtain current OS's.

• MrAlfsyrinx
    69 Posts
    Tue, Oct 3 2023 12:14 PM
    Good afternoon friends

I have an Imacdel 2011 with macOS Sierra, version 10.12.6

Until now I was accepting WGT updates, but today the update was blocked.
     I have uninstalled the application and reinstalled it. WGT apparently supports the update, 
    but does not open.

My question is: does the latest update require version later than macOS Sierra, version 10.12.6?

Many thanks friends

Alfonso
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Oct 3 2023 3:15 PM

garyk49:
    It doesn't cost that much, if you look in the right places, to replace a MB and CPU.  There are different ways to obtain current OS's.

I hear ya. But for some people, any amount can pose difficulties. Additionally, I think (at times) people place too high of expectations on their hardware (in terms of longevity). 

• NeilDootson
    9 Posts
    Thu, Oct 5 2023 10:07 PM

Hey my friend I would suggest trying again I had the same exact issue dating back about a week and a half now not sure if you saw the post about the update but supposedly as of September the 26th WGT was no longer available to those of us running High Sierra 10.13.6 they updated the system requirements to a minimum of 10.14 so all of us Mac uses basically got kicked out but tonight when I just came home and it is 1:00 a.m. here on the East Coast I decided to try to load the game and for some reason the game update looked different than the most recent ones lo and behold the game loaded perfectly and I am playing right now hopefully you will have the same results good luck my friend because I was beside myself trying to figure out what I was going to do once I realized that they no longer supported the operating system I have on my Mac

RSS