Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Desktop Early Access for Mac

Sat, Nov 25 2023 10:05 AM (290 replies)
  • Commish123
    14 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2020 8:49 AM

Sorry but.....

Where do you sign in for the new version?

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2020 9:23 AM

Have you loaded it? When the new version loads on the left side of the screen it says sign in on the right side of the screen it says new player,   Click on sign in and when the sign in page loads sign in with your player name and password, 

• Commish123
    14 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2020 9:29 AM

Loaded it?  I don't know where to find it?

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2020 3:06 AM
    1. At the top left of this page, click the green 'GET THE APP' button.
    2. On the page that takes you to, click the 'Play On macOS' button.
    3. That will download a file to your machine.
    4. I do not have a Mac so I am not sure about this part, but going by what others have posted, you need to put that downloaded file into your applications folder. Presumably you can then double click it to run it from there.
    5. When the game opens, click 'Play', then click the sign in button and use your usual WGT login details to sign in to the game. You do not need to create a new player.

EDIT : Thank you Commish. ; )

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2020 9:29 AM

Correct, you just drag the 'app' to your Applications folder. 

You can also download it from Steam. The two can run simultaneously, on Mac's anyway. They do use the same system folders for parameters. You only setup once and the other game will use those setting as well, and login.

The only difference I've really been able to notice is, the Steam version has more network overhead, as I would expect because Steam is running, game plays the same though.

• Commish123
    14 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2020 9:36 AM

Awesome!  Up and running just like my Ipad game.  Thank you much

• Commish123
    14 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2020 9:37 AM

Thank you dedB.. All good now

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2020 12:48 PM

Just for information sake. 

I just updated a 2015 MacBook Pro to 'Big Sur', with a 27" IPS monitor connected through Thunderbolt/HDMI connector.

Using a DeathAdder Elite, which I have replug in if I restart computer. That'll be a Razer update. Works fine once I do that.

Game seems to play fine still, I do notice that the fan comes on a bit more, prolly just CPU load, I haven't looked at it, so far not a problem. 

I also notice bigger chunks of memory usage and recycling, this MacBook only has 8GB hardwired, see how it goes. 

Anyway, NV WGT plays fine, no lag or stuttering. Meter fine. 

Good luck... ;) 

*11/18/20 

As a bit of an update, I've notice that there are more 'resolving shot' lags going on. The game hasn't quit or locked up, sometimes I get the connection 'retry' thing, as soon as I click it the shot fires, every time. This is making me think it's something in the game update, buffering of some kind perhaps. 

I'm still getting decent connection speeds/rates. No dropped/corrupted packets or anything weird going so I don't think it's Big Sur related. See how it goes.

• marvin28
    291 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2020 7:37 AM

I am getting an error when I click on the icon in the launcher:

access to /Applications/Utilities/is forbidden run patcher in administrator mode.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Marvin

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2020 9:23 AM

marvin28:

I am getting an error when I click on the icon in the launcher:

access to /Applications/Utilities/is forbidden run patcher in administrator mode

You have  couple of options...

Disable SIP, that often clears this issue up with installers, updating. I find this usually works, Go back and enable it again though, SIP can be a pain but it does serve a purpose on Mac's ...

Second, run the patcher as root in terminal.

RSS