Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Desktop Early Access for Mac

Sat, Nov 25 2023 10:05 AM (290 replies)
  • Tootla
    2 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2020 6:39 AM

Can someone help.

I'm in the UK, when following the link to download the desktop version for Mac it gives me the option to go to the App Store but when this opens up it tells me the product is not available in the UK!

How can I get the desktop version for Mac. I'm using a Mac Book Air wiht OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Many thanks 

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2020 8:29 AM

WGT desktop isn't available in the app store.

Weird that you're getting that, I suspect that you might be seeing it because of running Yosemite. That's a depreciated OS now. I suspect you'll have to upgrade in order to download and install from here.

What you might try is the Steam version, I have no idea if Steam will install on Yosemite but worth a try.

Out of curiosity, why are you running that OS?

• Tootla
    2 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2020 8:34 AM

Thanks, looks like I have to upgrade the OS.

Still on an old one as my hardrive is so full I haven't got enough memory! A long overdue clean up is needed I think!

• UVBLUE47
    1,049 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2020 4:34 PM

THIS NEW FORMAT SUX !!!!!!

• Mahalo
    2 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:23 AM

I agree, I cannot get the app to Load on A MacBook Pro running Catalina... WGT was no help as they cannot replicate my error.  guess Ill stay with the mobile version of the app.  Lame attempt WGT.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 11:09 AM

Mahalo:

I agree, I cannot get the app to Load on A MacBook Pro running Catalina... WGT was no help as they cannot replicate my error.  guess Ill stay with the mobile version of the app.  Lame attempt WGT.

Are you running an antivirus or using a firewall? Typically (but not always), that's the issue. 

When I was running Catalina, I had no problem installing the program. (I also have a MacBook Pro; mine is early 2015). 

• dharmacat
    2,172 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 12:35 PM

I'm on a Mac running Big Sur, and I have been playing it for months.

Try going in to STEAM and load it from there...that is how I finally did it when I had problems loading on Catalina.

Install Steam, set up your login, then search for WGT. It takes longer to load, but when it does, you will have entry after that.

Hope this helps!

Cat :-))

• DaMasterDr
    30 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 8:31 AM

I download the MAC version, it runs and a window opens with a WGT icon, i hit that and get an error messager,,,??

• Lakefloyd
    8 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2020 7:14 AM

Looking for some help downloading new  release.  When i download, I get a window with WGT Golf and a picture of a club & ball with another icon of applications under it.  When I double click on WGT Golf I get a pop up window that says " Error: access to/volumes/wgt launcher5/is forbidden;run patcher in.

I have a Mac with Mojave 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor with 8 GB Memory. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2GB

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

• skiya
    1 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2020 9:45 AM

Same problem here and with the same macbook. Can login, buy balls, edit clubs, can do everything till i hit play.....then error message. Fallowing.......

RSS