Forums

Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • JohanTV
    213 Posts
    Sun, Dec 1 2019 12:58 AM

I agree on a free video credit limit per day and I think 150/250 is about fair so players that want to play top end balls have to put in some real money. I would however prefer a weeklimit of e.g 1000/1500 so I don’t have to watch them every day.

On the other discussion here, I don’t play mobile showdown or tab-in awards as prizes don’t match my needs. Playing other balls will just mess up my game or makes me wanna play better balls. If I could earn some credits I would play though.

Anyway, still looking for a sugar daddy/mommy that would buy me a lot of Callies L33🤪

• Vaughnthekiwi
    65 Posts
    Sun, Dec 1 2019 1:12 AM

I can only watch a few videos and then maxed out. A couple of hrs later maybe 1 or 2 and then same again.I get nowhere near the 150 credits

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Dec 1 2019 2:40 AM

twinponds169:
    he was just starting to rebuild his stash after cashing in 800,000 credits for Amazon gift cards. That post was edited, with that part deleted, not long afterwards.

Well there’s a player WGT needed to have a word with while it was a free for all

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Dec 1 2019 3:05 AM

twinponds169:
    In one of the first few posts in the first thread on this, one player stated that he was hoping that a cap was not happening, because he was just starting to rebuild his stash after cashing in 800,000 credits for Amazon gift cards.

I am pretty sure that the advertisers have forced this limit on wgt and there's therefor no point in asking them to change it.

If someone did exchange say 825,000c for amazon vouchers then he got $1,250 for them.  Basing this on the 2c# videos that would mean 412,500 video's "watched" and he got 0.03c for each of them.  I'd assume wgt got paid more than they gave us for each ad' then their loss on this one person will be at least seven times as much ($8,750).

If this was as widespread as has been suggested here, wgt must have seen a very sizeable drop in income that they would certainly not have initiated voluntarily.

They will need money to make up at least part of this so the current offer will probably be the first of many, so what is offered does seem, to me anyway, of importance as keeping your cash/credits until a more relevant one comes along is an option.  This would also mean pointing out why the current one wasn't attractive to individuals is a reasonable thing to do.

Another consideration I'd have (with regard to offers) if I was in wgt's position would be with regard to the change to the new game.  For me at least when considering changing to something else the equipment I've already bought is one of the bigger reasons not to.  So if people can be persuaded to purchase more now it may help, peraps just a small bit, then. 

# Maybe he got 7c video's but what wgt get is probably proportional and it's the the exchange rate at purchase of the vouchers (being all that I actally know) that I've mainly used anyway.  Wgt's loss through this is probably bigger than I said.

I'ts not unlikely the holes in what I say would suffice a decent sized sieve, if so appologies I didn't set out to prove something just to show why I thought this wasn't down to wgt and also why I thought there would be more offers.

• DoctorLarry
    4,274 Posts
    Sun, Dec 1 2019 3:42 PM

DodgyPutter:
    I am pretty sure that the advertisers have forced this limit on wgt and there's therefor no point in asking them to change it.

I agree with your complete well-thought out post and only quoted the first part for reference.

• Mythanatos
    2,199 Posts
    Mon, Dec 2 2019 8:26 AM

Nancy1959:

I've never received any free credits for watching videos other than the one time that I watched for what seemed to last about a half hour and I only received 5-10 cents worth of credits if I recall.  I remember doing the math about how valuable my time was and it sure didn't make sense to do that again!   :)

My understanding of what was happening that shut all of this down was that some tech savvy people found a way around it all and were setting up multiple mobile devices with certain programs that could automatically click through the videos 24 hours a day.

For years, I was always wondering how so many people were spending a fortune of credits playing this game were able to boast that they never spent a dime to play (and yes, some of them buying $4,000 gold putters, premier memberships, the best clubs and balls, etc.!), while I was spending many thousands and thousands of dollars of my own money for years.

It's only right that WGT shut this whole thing down because of the abuse that was happening.  After all, they are a business....and everyone providing those videos and paying WGT for views are businesses too, and these companies should be assured that people are actually watching what they are paying to advertise.

It seems silly to me that people are protesting WGT shutting down something like this from happening.  If they were one of the advertising companies or the CEO of WGT, how would they have responded to this?

It doesn't matter what I think about this.  But I do believe that WGT made the wise decision here (and probably should have made it much sooner than they did).

~Nancy

Just some honest points here from me. 

Understand that i average less than 1 clash round every two weeks. Some weeks i play one. Other times i don't. And the only reason i do is I use 1 free pass to earn 4 more.

I don't macro and never have. About two years ago i was using 4-5 mobile devices at a time clicking videos while watching TV. But that ended two years ago. My amazon devices wouldn't watch videos anymore and it just wasn't worth the time. So i paid my way after that by playing RGs and WGT tourneys.

You may be against the macroing and many here are. But as a neutral observer what it did actually do was equalize the playing field better.

The truth about clashing is it has very little to do with skill and everything to do with money and time. And since Time=Money. It's really Money^2.

I never have understood why  people would spend both time and money to chase something that only 1 person a week would get. (now 2).

And quite frankly I usually beat those "golden putter" people in coin games when i play them. It's never been some magic tool of success.

I think it's about the dumbest thing in gaming I've ever seen and I've been playing video games online before most of you knew what online was.

To reward anything based on volume and not skill and for you people to keep chasing it is testimony to how (fill in your own word here) the world is getting. 

So anyway no more farming credits for a bunch of people. Those people will no longer be able to compete against those with unlimited funds. 

Consequence: People with more money than brains will group up again and chase a status symbol that really many of us laugh at.  Two clubs can win it. So most others will stop spending credits to chase it because 99% of the wgt players  simply can't compete with the money and the time available to that 1%.

oh not that it matters but my solution would be make it so that only the top 30 rounds counted for any team. Then a skill based team wouldn't have to spend the capital to beat some group of bad players who play hundreds of rounds.

Chasing a non skill based award is just dumb. Wll not for WGT. it's brilliant for them. To get people to chase a volume based award and count on the egos and stupidity of people is brilliant.

so... there will be less people hitting Turf Wars hard. and Less people playing in clashes. and certainly playing less of those rounds.  those things cost credits for passes and more importantly ball hits. and For virtually zero in game reward that's worth anything.  

• sampsonn2
    43 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 8:39 AM

150 credits?.  im getting about 4 videos then the SORRY..   at this rate will take me 6 months to obtain enough for a sleeve   where's before I could play on Mac and watch videos on my phone whilst playing and earn a sleeve in about a week or so depending.     forcing you to buy is EXACTLY what they are doing.  and I wont be railroaded into buying balls.   sorry wgt. not this time

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 4:03 AM

I get six videos at a time , just close down app and come straight back in , and another six , keep doing this till you get to your limit of 150 credits each 24 hours 

• BigDinIC
    281 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 12:13 PM

I'm a fairly new player and what most would call a casual player.  I watch credit videos to upgrade my clubs, but that's about it, I'm more than OK just using the free starter balls but that being said, I don't participate in any competitive tourneys with buy-ins over 25 credits and when I do spend credits for playing, those I confine to my country club's offerings.

I'll probably be happy to exist and continue playing WGT without the use of premium golf balls.  I routinely beat higher tiered players playing with better clubs and better balls in HTH coin games and quite honestly, I don't give a rip if they do manage to beat me anyway.  I just enjoy the game for what it is, a handheld mobile game that's a decent golf simulation that I enjoy.  Nothing more, nothing less.  I can't imagine there will come a time when it will become that important to me to stroke my ego and try to get a leg up on other players because I can afford the top line of everything that WGT offers.  

• Imahacker58
    364 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 1:57 AM

Mythanatos:

Nancy1959:

I've never received any free credits for watching videos other than the one time that I watched for what seemed to last about a half hour and I only received 5-10 cents worth of credits if I recall.  I remember doing the math about how valuable my time was and it sure didn't make sense to do that again!   :)

My understanding of what was happening that shut all of this down was that some tech savvy people found a way around it all and were setting up multiple mobile devices with certain programs that could automatically click through the videos 24 hours a day.

For years, I was always wondering how so many people were spending a fortune of credits playing this game were able to boast that they never spent a dime to play (and yes, some of them buying $4,000 gold putters, premier memberships, the best clubs and balls, etc.!), while I was spending many thousands and thousands of dollars of my own money for years.

It's only right that WGT shut this whole thing down because of the abuse that was happening.  After all, they are a business....and everyone providing those videos and paying WGT for views are businesses too, and these companies should be assured that people are actually watching what they are paying to advertise.

It seems silly to me that people are protesting WGT shutting down something like this from happening.  If they were one of the advertising companies or the CEO of WGT, how would they have responded to this?

It doesn't matter what I think about this.  But I do believe that WGT made the wise decision here (and probably should have made it much sooner than they did).

~Nancy

Just some honest points here from me. 

Understand that i average less than 1 clash round every two weeks. Some weeks i play one. Other times i don't. And the only reason i do is I use 1 free pass to earn 4 more.

I don't macro and never have. About two years ago i was using 4-5 mobile devices at a time clicking videos while watching TV. But that ended two years ago. My amazon devices wouldn't watch videos anymore and it just wasn't worth the time. So i paid my way after that by playing RGs and WGT tourneys.

You may be against the macroing and many here are. But as a neutral observer what it did actually do was equalize the playing field better.

The truth about clashing is it has very little to do with skill and everything to do with money and time. And since Time=Money. It's really Money^2.

I never have understood why  people would spend both time and money to chase something that only 1 person a week would get. (now 2).

And quite frankly I usually beat those "golden putter" people in coin games when i play them. It's never been some magic tool of success.

I think it's about the dumbest thing in gaming I've ever seen and I've been playing video games online before most of you knew what online was.

To reward anything based on volume and not skill and for you people to keep chasing it is testimony to how (fill in your own word here) the world is getting. 

So anyway no more farming credits for a bunch of people. Those people will no longer be able to compete against those with unlimited funds. 

Consequence: People with more money than brains will group up again and chase a status symbol that really many of us laugh at.  Two clubs can win it. So most others will stop spending credits to chase it because 99% of the wgt players  simply can't compete with the money and the time available to that 1%.

oh not that it matters but my solution would be make it so that only the top 30 rounds counted for any team. Then a skill based team wouldn't have to spend the capital to beat some group of bad players who play hundreds of rounds.

Chasing a non skill based award is just dumb. Wll not for WGT. it's brilliant for them. To get people to chase a volume based award and count on the egos and stupidity of people is brilliant.

so... there will be less people hitting Turf Wars hard. and Less people playing in clashes. and certainly playing less of those rounds.  those things cost credits for passes and more importantly ball hits. and For virtually zero in game reward that's worth anything.  

Totally agree, wgt created a monster that learned how to feed it’s appetite for credits by manipulating the system that provided them for free, and now the clash monster will wither and die, with no laments or regrets from most of us.

RSS