Forums

Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2019 3:53 PM

MCalderon402:
    it's a good bargain. 4,999 credits spent and you get all of the Tier 1-6 items. 35 CC passes, sleeve Bridgestone lvl 75, TM lvl 96, Callys lvl 45, few hundred ball effects, platinum, gold and silver boxes for apparel and i have 4.5 days of purple juice. break all that up and it's a really good deal. 

Depends on the player, I guess.

I don't play those balls so I have no use for them.

Ball effects annoy me - I have all the free ones WGT handed out - intact.

Apparel is for mobile, not for me.

The XP boost clock starts when you get it - so better to get it when you plan to play immediately.  Hope you enjoy your 4.5 days of nonstop play!  ;-)  I know when I clicked on that offer yesterday when it came up, my XP boost ran out while I ate breakfast!

If the passes were added to the free ones WGT provides, they might be useful to me - but they would not make much difference to me unless I used them all up in the time period between free ones.

Anyway - to each their own!

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2019 4:38 PM

DoctorLarry:

you make some valid points... how many people want to relearn or map another ball and then commit to purchasing that ball especially if it is more expensive than the one they play daily.

the showdown ball prizes are similar... they too are unique... with the exception of the elite category … many if not most of the players in the elite category will opt for the L87 Titleist so it is a ball worthy of the winning if they already invested the time mapping it...

Don't get me wrong... I have taken on gathering notes on a wide variety of balls to save credits in the long run... but of all the balls being offered in both of those events/offerings... I think I have notes on 1 maybe 2… 

Yes, they can be used for casual rounds for fun... but scoring well requires familiarity or mapping them.  Don't get me wrong... at least they are offering something... but whether you can play those balls competitively is another matter.

• RonaldReagan40
    46 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2019 6:34 PM

Wait, do you mean that someone here who’s pretending to be innocent actually purchased a Golden Putter for themself after mining credits? The hypocritical nerve of some people. 

Crackajack383:
    Good deal for most but I imagine it wouldn’t be that important for someone who managed to buy himself a gold putter. Must’ve been flat out sitting there for weeks clicking on ad after ad after ad. Have to give you credit for your dedication

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2019 8:02 PM

DoctorLarry:

MCalderon402:
    it's a good bargain. 4,999 credits spent and you get all of the Tier 1-6 items. 35 CC passes, sleeve Bridgestone lvl 75, TM lvl 96, Callys lvl 45, few hundred ball effects, platinum, gold and silver boxes for apparel and i have 4.5 days of purple juice. break all that up and it's a really good deal. 

I don't play those balls so I have no use for them.

Ball effects annoy me - I have all the free ones WGT handed out - intact.

Apparel is for mobile, not for me.

The XP boost clock starts when you get it - so better to get it when you plan to play immediately.  Hope you enjoy your 4.5 days of nonstop play!  ;-)  I know when I clicked on that offer yesterday when it came up, my XP boost ran out while I ate breakfast!

If the passes were added to the free ones WGT provides, they might be useful to me - but they would not make much difference to me unless I used them all up in the time period between free ones.

Simple enough not for you. But many players found it to be a bargain. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2019 10:15 PM

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2019 12:56 AM

MCalderon402:
    Simple enough not for you. But many proplr found it to be a bargain. 

It would seem the " proplr who found it to be a bargain" felt it was done peoprely 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2019 1:27 PM

MCalderon402:

DoctorLarry:

Simple enough not for you. But many players found it to be a bargain. 

As I noted.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2019 2:21 PM

RonaldReagan40:
    Wait, do you mean that someone here who’s pretending to be innocent actually purchased a Golden Putter for themself after mining credits? The hypocritical nerve of some people. 

If you can whats the resale value of a Golden Putter, when he’s skint, besides the putter doesn’t work miracles, you've still got to put the ball on the green.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2019 3:07 PM

RonaldReagan40:

Reminds me of the first few hours after the cap was being realized but not officially announced yet.

In one of the first few posts in the first thread on this, one player stated that he was hoping that a cap was not happening, because he was just starting to rebuild his stash after cashing in 800,000 credits for Amazon gift cards. That post was edited, with that part deleted, not long afterwards. Probably realized he was going to become a Public Enemy #1 type of profile, lol.

Along with the clash clan botting, this is the type of gluttony that created this situation that we all must deal with.

• Nancy1959
    7,054 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2019 8:33 PM

I've never received any free credits for watching videos other than the one time that I watched for what seemed to last about a half hour and I only received 5-10 cents worth of credits if I recall.  I remember doing the math about how valuable my time was and it sure didn't make sense to do that again!   :)

My understanding of what was happening that shut all of this down was that some tech savvy people found a way around it all and were setting up multiple mobile devices with certain programs that could automatically click through the videos 24 hours a day.

For years, I was always wondering how so many people were spending a fortune of credits playing this game were able to boast that they never spent a dime to play (and yes, some of them buying $4,000 gold putters, premier memberships, the best clubs and balls, etc.!), while I was spending many thousands and thousands of dollars of my own money for years.

It's only right that WGT shut this whole thing down because of the abuse that was happening.  After all, they are a business....and everyone providing those videos and paying WGT for views are businesses too, and these companies should be assured that people are actually watching what they are paying to advertise.

It seems silly to me that people are protesting WGT shutting down something like this from happening.  If they were one of the advertising companies or the CEO of WGT, how would they have responded to this?

It doesn't matter what I think about this.  But I do believe that WGT made the wise decision here (and probably should have made it much sooner than they did).

~Nancy

RSS