Forums

Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • AL4040
    32 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 3:38 PM

Is there a place to see the recommendations ? Is it a per hour , per day, per week limit ?? I would like to share this information with my club members , thanks for your time ,,

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 3:40 PM

callaghan159:

TopShelf2010:
    Not to be the pessimistic one, but I wonder how this will affect the upcoming 12 Days of Christmas?

Can't imagine I will be there as well as the GOGF. 

That is what I was thinking. I know you, as well as many others, GAVE SO MUCH to those in need. My thinking personally is that with a Credit Cap on the horizon, many may be inclined to save instead of donating.

I have been a "Santa" over the years, but when my own personal "free credits" dried up back in May, I have not been "gifting" as much as I used to, or as I would like to.

Don

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 3:57 PM

TopShelf2010:

Thanks Champ.

Not to be the pessimistic one, but I wonder how this will affect the upcoming 12 Days of Christmas?

OPY

• AJ50457
    562 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 4:46 PM

"It will also affect people funding prizes for club tournaments too. I personally think people will start to leave the game in their droves if this is the case permanently."

Unfortunately, I own a club that gives away credits for participation... and it has worked out well. It can't survive with a tight limit.  Ah, hell... 3 1/2 years was a good run.  I won't be able to afford to maintain the Club AND my habit for slow meter balls.

Hell, I guess I'll have to take up gardening in the Spring. 

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 5:16 PM

The last time we had a cap was still in Fyber days. 60 per session. I could usually get 4-5 in a day. So pretty much the same as before. I don't mine credits like I used to. 300 a day should be plenty for me and my philanthropic endeavors. 

My how things changed. Wish I had the time to dredge up one of the many Mod postings where they aver that WGT has nothing to do with credit videos, and we should contact the people hosting them. At least you could contact Fyber. They ignored everything, but at least the mechanism was there. Try contacting Unity.

Hmm. Come to think of it, I wonder what Unity thinks of this. I'm assuming they get paid for the views, regardless. 

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 6:10 PM

I would think WGT gets paid per video view also, after all, WGT is the host. <--- This, or WGT gets paid per advertiser.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 6:19 PM

JimbeauC:
    Hmm. Come to think of it, I wonder what Unity thinks of this. I'm assuming they get paid for the views, regardless. 

It may have been Unity that requested it. Think about it for a second they might have been losing money or only barely breaking even as it was, WGT might pay them a set amount each month - the amount of  credits in $. 

Remember it was Live Gamer who reduced the number of credits they paid out because they weren't making as much as they thought they should and eventually they left WGT because they weren't making enough. 

On Facebook a few weeks ago one player claimed that he was able to "watch" the videos non stop 24 hours a day using a bot  and make many 1000's of credits every day.

WGT didn't put the videos on mobile so that players could get credit rich by using bots to watch the videos without actually having to watch them. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 7:06 PM

Thank you for the info,  but I have to chuckle when I read that you said , thank you for your understanding and support.  My understanding is that you have now reduced my source of this games income, which now reduces the amount of expendatures, and my choices of how to spend my resources.  150 credits a day, would take me 2 days of watching videos, in order to purchase that stupid sweater, which now it takes a week to get enough credits to get a sleeve of balls.  Those are just 2 examples, of hundreds more, as already mentioned, GOGF etc.  I personally buy my equipment, but use the credits to gift items to our members of the club.   If you want our support, you need to get the attitude of Wal-Mart, and since you're cutting our income, how about, rolling back some of your prices on balls and equipment, fair right? 

Less income, less output. As Mark , above stated , what will be your plan if people do start leaving the game, others stop playing clashs, and turf wars, or simply quit spending for the high dollar items?  Your answer is to raise the prices more?   Wgt is also doing things to displease customers,  you change things on the mobile side, cuz those that play the pc side cry, " we can't do that , why should they get to?"    Well that being said, why not work it both ways,  we can't play alternate shot games, so they shouldn't get to either.  Business plan for this game, if there ever was one, is definately right out the window.  

These are the things that I understand, and as far as being supportive,   yeah right.   Good luck closing this can of worms.  

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 7:22 PM

May be worse than I expected! Just tried video's, ran 4 vids and "sorry". Closed the game, re-opened, ran 8 vids then "sorry". If it continues to be like that, this game (WGT and the player base) is about to go thru some very difficult times...

• AJ50457
    562 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 7:28 PM

nerve60:

May be worse than I expected! Just tried video's, ran 4 vids and "sorry". Closed the game, re-opened, ran 8 vids then "sorry". If it continues to be like that, this game (WGT and the player base) is about to go thru some very difficult times...

Nerve, that would happen plenty of times on a mobile device.  The simple solution was to double click the home button and then shut down all the "mini" screens and then re-open the WGT app and start again.

AJ

RSS