Forums

Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 8:57 AM

To the above poster who is 14 hrs plus and no credits.

i about 26 hrs plus and no credit videos.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 8:58 AM

WGTChampion:

Hi everyone,

As many of you have already noticed, we have limited the use of our free credit videos.

The app is supposed to be notifying players when a player has reached the limit, but for some reason this messaging is not showing. We are working to resolve the notification issue as quickly as possible.

While we have been happy to leave video ads uncapped for years, over the last several months the abuse of this feature has forced us to make a change.

There are individuals and clubs distributing tools on how to automate watching free credits. They're using multiple devices and programs to receive thousands of credits per day. The exploitation of this feature was not limited to a small number of users or clubs. In some cases, players had doubled their entire account lifespan in video-minutes watched.

When making this change, we wanted to make sure there would still be a fair number of ads for players to watch for free credits while also following the recommendations of our ad partners. This change still allows players to watch many more videos than what was recommended.

I'm sorry that I wasn't available to address this sooner and I sincerely apologize to everyone upset by this change. 

Thank you for your understanding and support. 

_CHAMPION 

I find all of this to be absolutely amazing . For years WGT always hid behind they had no control of the ads and how they played or paid out . Now its they have had control and always had control of the ads as well as how many we as players could earn . 

That being said what about the ads for the players on the pc side of the game ? Why have we been shut out from viewing ads and having the same opportunities to earn credits as the mobile platform ? Its been around 2 years now since the video ads on the pc platform have been phased out . If not for the surveys players would have no chances at all other than purchasing offers or buying credits directly .

So now that we all know the truth when will video ads be available again for pc users ? If WGT doesnt want the players using these devices then be fair to the players . When you as a company stop cheating the players then maybe the players will stop cheating to . So since the statement of being fair has been used , Lets see if WGT can practice what they preach about being fair . 

Unlock the pc platform and return the video ads for players to view as well . Since we all play the same game , we should all have the same options to view and earn credits as well .

• Alain760
    350 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 9:15 AM

Personnaly a clash for me is 2000 credits and in Toronto Leaf Fans we finish always around the 20th rank.

I imagine the cost for clashers and Turf Warriors of the top 10, the free credits videos was a manner to get WGT affordable we dont have that anymore my play will drop down a lot because the cost to play a lot will be huge.

Especially when you look at the prizes you win in CLUB CLASH.

WGT YOU CANT HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO.

• BirdieChaser2
    533 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 9:18 AM

I am at 22 hours and counting.   It's one thing to spring this on us, yet another to leave us hanging and guessing.   Not very customer centric on their part.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 9:22 AM

lonniescott711:

WGTChampion:

Hi everyone,

As many of you have already noticed, we have limited the use of our free credit videos.

The app is supposed to be notifying players when a player has reached the limit, but for some reason this messaging is not showing. We are working to resolve the notification issue as quickly as possible.

While we have been happy to leave video ads uncapped for years, over the last several months the abuse of this feature has forced us to make a change.

There are individuals and clubs distributing tools on how to automate watching free credits. They're using multiple devices and programs to receive thousands of credits per day. The exploitation of this feature was not limited to a small number of users or clubs. In some cases, players had doubled their entire account lifespan in video-minutes watched.

When making this change, we wanted to make sure there would still be a fair number of ads for players to watch for free credits while also following the recommendations of our ad partners. This change still allows players to watch many more videos than what was recommended.

I'm sorry that I wasn't available to address this sooner and I sincerely apologize to everyone upset by this change. 

Thank you for your understanding and support. 

_CHAMPION 

I find all of this to be absolutely amazing . For years WGT always hid behind they had no control of the ads and how they played or paid out . Now its they have had control and always had control of the ads as well as how many we as players could earn . 

That being said what about the ads for the players on the pc side of the game ? Why have we been shut out from viewing ads and having the same opportunities to earn credits as the mobile platform ? Its been around 2 years now since the video ads on the pc platform have been phased out . If not for the surveys players would have no chances at all other than purchasing offers or buying credits directly .

So now that we all know the truth when will video ads be available again for pc users ? If WGT doesnt want the players using these devices then be fair to the players . When you as a company stop cheating the players then maybe the players will stop cheating to . So since the statement of being fair has been used , Lets see if WGT can practice what they preach about being fair . 

Unlock the pc platform and return the video ads for players to view as well . Since we all play the same game , we should all have the same options to view and earn credits as well .

This is the first time we have put any control on the ads, and only on the free credit videos. We have always had this ability and we've never used it before now.  

The video ads on the website were "phased out" because the company that provided them closed. Our video ad provider for mobile does not have a version that we could put on our website. 

_CHAMPION 

• BirdieChaser2
    533 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 9:28 AM

Matt, I agree.  It could go beyond unethical all the way to consumer fraud which has severe financial and criminal penalties.  

• BirdieChaser2
    533 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 9:32 AM

Champ, I really do appreciate all you do for us, the customer.  So not shooting the messenger. But does the company know they are opening themselves up to being sued for consumer fraud by letting players  push a button to watch videos for credit and not giving credit?  That is beyond unethical.   It really is outright consumer fraud with severe punishment.   They need to fix this quickly....not just ASAP.  Every minute is another willing case  of fraud.

Again, I appreciate you but the company really jumped in it this time.

• f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 9:41 AM

They say "never bite the hand that feeds you" It is a real shame WGT have decided to cut the apron strings in regards to this matter. Certain individuals have taken full advantage of this loop hole by opening up farming communities to best maximize there credit balance. WGT should accept responsibility for allowing this to happen for so long. So we can't blame those farmers just poor quality control and management on WGT'S behalf.

Implementing a one in all in policy at the expense of those players whom rely on a few extra credits every now and then serves them no justification on there behalf. Judging from what i have seen so far a big majority of the community are reliant on this credit offer.

If WGT have some decency then it would be appropriate to update the "earn free credits" offers stipulating rules/regulations/guidelines to better police this means. 

I sense a massive exodus of players very soon. A long with the high priced balls and equipment and lets not forget the new mobile cartoon release financially players will look else where as they will not have that cash flow they rely on anymore.

To any of the mods that may be reading this - Why don't you offer the purchase of credits in different currencies? Everything is done via the USD so a big majority of us get pinged more based on the exchange rate when purchasing the US dollar. This option will allow the international brothers and sisters to save a few extra dollars and it might entice a few more to stay. I myself am considering the option of giving this game up in 2021 unless changes are made.

A small voice from a small country but with a big heart.

Many thanks.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 9:50 AM

Again I ask. Can someone in a position to do so advise as to what “controls” have been put in place? If we are being asked to adapt to a new free credit policy it would be exceedingly beneficial to know what that policy is. At present all we can do is speculate based upon hundreds of individual experiences.

Thank you.

• Phippo20040
    104 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 9:54 AM

Watch the price of the callaway level 33 ball rocket as everybody starts using them

RSS