Hey Paul, thanks for including this post in the correct thread. I wasn't able to reply because I'm on the mod list.
I wanted to post this here so I can edit post more easily and add veteran and higher level players feedback suggestions to the list below. I have a couple more I added already.
I have some concerns I hope you guys at wgt will address.
I'm really hoping wgt will put in the effort to get this new downloadable version to look, feel, and play as close as possible to the flash version. What made this game great is the subtleties in different courses and the greens in the flash game. I really hope that it's not just a new version/ variation of the mobile game but a copy of original flash game as much as is possible.
If the game moves too far from the flash version I fear you are going to lose many of the veterans in the game. And the veterans keep the lower level players motivated to get to that top tier in the game. I think it's very important to the longevity of the pc version. I wish wgt would have done a closed beta and taken the input of the veterans and top players of the game before releasing the first version. But we can still make this a very good platform replacement if wgt will hear us out on this.
I'll preface by saying you're likely aware of many of these points. I know it's just a port of the mobile game at this moment. Here are some things I've noticed so far after playing this new standalone game:
1. The grids on greens don't look anything close to flash version and clicking on the grids do different things.
2. The dots on putting greens generally move much slower on bigger breaking putts than the flash version and at many times are just inaccuratee. This is my biggest worry is that putting in this standalone pc version will never be similar or the same to the flash version.
3. Being able to have a minimized (full) screen, so you can easily access calculator for putts etc.
4. Ability to click on flag in map in upper right hand of game in flash to adjust aim. There were specific movements each pixel you moved mouse that would result in a consistent 2-5 ish yards depending how far away from pin your were. This is very useful for us players that don't want to use aids such a ruler to get accurate wind setting
5. It seems everything is way too zoomed in compared the flash version.
6. The way to click on camera angles is different than flash version and it has different views.
7. Golfer avatar is way too big and cartoony looking, please keep the cartoon look for mobile. It makes the game look fake and cheap. Would much prefer the look of the player avatar in flash version.
8. Keep the avatar movements you get in flash version when decreasing the power. I'm one of the players that soley uses this method for wedges and iron shots and don't go by percentages from shot pal.
9. The ball is way too big in the air.
10. Allow the mouse wheel to scroll through putter increments and club selections.
11. Reverse chip view for reading greens is my go to in flash version. It's totally broken in pc version the dots barely even move.
12. Copy the look of the flash version as far as all the hud placements of the wind gauge, meter, club selection and graphics.
13. Correct the forgiveness level on drive and approach shots to match flash version. It's way too forgiving.
14. Missing the ding on putts does very little to the line of putt making it hard for missding style putters.
15. Match the size of the ding line on mobile to the flash version. It's much bigger in flash. Ding rates by top ayers used to be low to mid 60's percentage. Its now anywhere from single digits up to 45 at best.
16. The backswing in the meter requires twice as much mouse movement to get to the top of the swing. It's like in slo-mo.
1. Please add in higher resolutions for 2k and 4k monitors.
2. I'm having various issues with my stream feed where it's not showing full screen but a portion of screen, only happens with wgt pc version.
3. Make the heart beat occur only when approach shot stays 2 yards or closer to hole.
I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting, I'll update here if I think of anything more.
Although these may seem like trivial issues to you all at wgt. I think it's important to keep the these small details in the pc version. The putting being the most important by far. I streamed my experience on twitch which can be found at:
There are two videos one over an hour and one at around 30 minutes. I hope you'll take a look.
Thanks for including the community in this Wgt. And thanks for all you do Icon and wgtchampion. Hoping the pc version carries the torch and keeps the tradition alive of the flash version well into the future.
AgentBrown123 aka Jon